main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is the stupidest argument against the Prequels that you ever heard?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jangounchained1990, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    It seems that PT haters have this obsession of rape/sexual molestation to describe their feelings about the PT. We know it was people who hated the PT that coined the term "Lucas raped my childhood" So this garbage on this video comes as no surprise whatsoever.

2. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    I've never understood why these people think that the PT "ruined" their childhood, how do memories of three movies you don't like ruin the fond memories of the movies that you liked when you were a kid?

A perfect example of Prequel movies I didn't like as much as the originals are The Hobbit Prequel Trilogy for LOTR, I still had fun going to the theater to see them, and I'm getting the Extended Cut that will come out sometime next month, but they didn't "ruin" LOTR for me, I still watch my LOTR Extended Cuts almost every year.

I don't hear LOTR fans saying Peter Jackson "ruined' LOTR for them because The Hobbit used more CGI, they aren't saying "F Peter Jackson!"

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    In a way the manner in which Lucas still dominates the conversation is kind of a compliment regardless of what people are saying. Some other directors just seem to be discarded or forgotten after their alleged let-down films. The Wachowskis were early contenders to take the geek culture crown post '99, and now are pretty much not spoken of at all. Jackson got some ire thrown his way for The Hobbit trilogy, but even that seemed perfunctory. And heck, sometimes directors can fade a bit even without releasing something that earns a noticeably poor reception. Nolan seems like he might be going that way. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places, but Interstellar seemed to come and go in a manner that didn't feel like people cared as much as The Dark Knight and Inception.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lucas and the prequels are still a point of frequent attention even as Disney is almost ten films into their Star Wars plan.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Interstellar was an interesting movie, but a different type. more like 2001, thought provoking. than a Dark Knight blockbuster.
    and yeah the Wachowski's aren't doing much now, and Jackson well, King Kong had it's problems and the Hobbit films are way too long and not up to LOTR.

btw everyone the star wars facebook page posted a picture of Padme today. Head over and check out the prequel haters :rolleyes:

Prisic Duskleap and mes520 like this.
  5. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    To answer the OP's question, some of the arguments against the prequels were jar jar character, jake lloyd casting choice, bomb in the brain, mid-chlorians, bad dialogue, forced love story that had no chemistry, hayden casting choice, whining anakin in ep.2, no main character in ep.1, darth maul dies too quickly in the trilogy, too many jedi with lightsabers, grevious bad character, boring politics, yoda fighting.....I cant remember them all - just check out RLM video for the detailed answers to the arguements to prequels.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think this thread has come full circle, not much new being discussed. If anyone objects and would like to lay out reasoning for this thread's survival, PM me.

mes520 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.