main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What is the tallest Species in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Joe_Garelli, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Joe_Garelli

Joe_Garelli Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2007
    I was reading the tallest Human thread and it got me wondering about which Alien Species in Star Wars would be the tallest?

Certantly Wookies are up there, also the Emperor's Sentinel's in Dark Empire were huge and towered over Han and Chewie both, a few feet over Chewie too.

The Quermian's like Yarael Poof are also very tall, he was shown to tower over even Mace Windu and must have been around 8 foot and possibly more than that, another one is the Jedi Master in Darkness that talks with Mace Windu inside of the jedi temple, this alien has no name given for his species but is huge and towers over Mace and is hunched over too, a very large alien indeed, also Cerean's are very tall because of their large coneheads and Ki-Adi Mundi was about 7'5 inches i think.

I think if you stretched a full grown Hutt out and measured them they would be very tall very head to tail too, Beldorian in his picture where he dueled with Leia looks huge and towers over her at his full height, then there is a species in Jabba The Hutt The Art Of The Deal that is female and sluglike and she is even much larger than Jabba is in size, very huge and able to eat her own husband right after marrying him.

So it seems like there are a lot of large species out there, the Yuuzhan Vong also are very tall and heavy too, not many small ones in their society, also the Falleen like Prince Xizor are tall too, both he and his niece were very tall too.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    In the Han Solo trilogy the Togorians are said to tower over Chewie.

3. Joe_Garelli

Dec 22, 2007
    Yeah i remember that, also the Neimodian's tower over Darth Maul and must be around 7 feet easily, despite being a race of cowering weaklings.

4. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Well, if you're going to include non-humanoids and count length, the Duinuogwuin have to be up there.

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
  6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Kaminoans are rather tall...

7. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Believe it or not, this is why the old WotC Ultimate Alien Anthology is probably the one reference work I use most of all: It's got a line-up, showing the aliens by height!

(Oh -- and looks like the Whiphids, Anx, and Cragmoloids are the tallest species in that book. Never wrote any of those... it'd be hard for them to fit in most ships!)

8. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    The Gorax of Endor..i think.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Speaking of hard to fit into ships, Herglics really need more love.

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    It is very cool that you frequent these boards. Cheers to you.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As of right now, the tallest species in SW are the tales told by people named Lucas.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't need a ship when you got a hat ;).

13. Joe_Garelli

Dec 22, 2007
    They probably build ships with larger than normal doorways and high ceilings for species that are taller, i can imagine that galactic starship building companies probably have to make ships for all kinds of aliens, small and under 30 pounds like Yoda and Ikrit to Hutt's that weigh over a thousand pounds and need special seats and handgrips, ships built for comfort of the user that are customized, ships built for tall or bulky species, probably all kinds of orders go out all the time, just because we dont see huge species in the movies it doesnt mean that they are not out there and flying larger than normal commercial ships.

Just a imagine a planet populated with giants like Goliath from The Holy Bible, who was said to be around 10 feet tall and huge, there could be species that are huge and very large, they might need to have a custom built starship with specialized specs so that they can use it, also Yoda had his own ship too, just imagine how small the cockpit must be, or how lowered to the ground everthing has to be just for Yoda to pilot a ship himself.

Gamiel likes this.
  14. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    The Gargantelles? The Zillo Beast?

Jedha John likes this.
  15. Joe_Garelli

Dec 22, 2007
    Yeah i cannot belive that i forgot about that, i just watched The Clone Wars a while back, the Zilo beast was sentient and was huge, i felt really sorry for it too, it did not deserve to be killed, if only the Jedi could have calmed it down and relocated it somewhere else.

It did get pretty pissed off at Palpatine when he said that it just a stupid creature and it seemed to understand everything that he said too, i felt bad for it because it was a victim of Palpatine's experimentation, this was the first real time that we see Palpatine acting like Darth Sidious openly and showing his evil side before ROTS in the films or tv show, it sucks that the poor beast got exploited, basically a Star Wars play on King Kong except the Zilo beast was smarter than Kong was.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was almost as if Palpatine had an axe to grind with the Zillos...

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    How about the Abominor and Silentium?

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    My vote is Gargantelles - others might be bigger physically, but I can't imagine any sentient bipeds bigger than 20 meters.

19. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorax

20. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    I want to see a Gorax vs. a rancor!

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Endor doesn't count - magic. :p

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm surprised that there seems to be so few 3-4 m tall species, they either seems to be around 2,1-2,5 m or go over 10 m.

23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Thon's species(I think) although not bipedal were pretty big.

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Space slug? Seems like it might be a bit bigger than the Zillo, depending on how long it extends underground.
    Or maybe the Sando Aqua Beast?

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    ...dang necros. I just accidentally liked a post from 5 years ago. [face_plain]

SpecForce Trooper likes this.