main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the trip to SW Celebration 2 going to cost you?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by K-Dub_Solo, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BountyHunter13

BountyHunter13 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    So are you going to spend that much to go to celebration 2?

2. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    380- hotel for four nights
    360- roundtrip airfaire for my dad and myself
    150- three day passes for my dad and myself
    100- give or take, a car rental, maybe taxi.
    120- food and such
    50000000000000- souveneirs (i wish...number to be deleted from calculations)
    100- special events like john williams concert and souveniers put together
    lets say another 50 to guestimate up not down.

grand total= $1210 for two people.

experiencing your first Star Wars Celebration- PRICELESS

im sorry, i just had to say that.

3. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    ok, I must be cheap (or poor)...I'm not figuring in my ticket cost, because it's already paid for so it's not coming out of the money I'm taking with me...but my hotel for two nights is $136.64 w/tax (that's splitting it with one other person, there could be another). I'll probably need about $40-$50 in gas...without figuring it all out...I am planning on taking about $600. I think I should be cool with that. I am not planning on spending anywhere near some of the amounts I've seen quoted here on collectibles/souveniers. I wanted to buy the exclusive action figure, maybe a C:II shirt and poster, and so far I know of 3 autographs I want. I've never been to a convention this big before...do you guys think I'll have enough?

4. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Don't forget lots of film for your cameras :)

5. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Lets see, I've got a pretty good handle on what I'm spending, since I only just began thinking about going to Celeb II this past week. But, I've got the room now and the flight booked, so I'm committed (or I ought to be committed). I'm nuts for doing this at that last minute, but my expenses are manageable. Lets see:

Airfare: $186.50 round trip
    Two nights at the Courtyard by Marriot: $264 (plus 11% tax)
    Rental car: about $48 for three days
    Celeb 2 pass: $75

Those are the major expenses, which don't include such things as food, purchases and autographs. My math projects these expenses alone to be just over $600 and I'm allowing myself a full budget of about $800 to $1000 for the whole show, so I think I'll be able to enjoy the show quite well with that. But hey, you only live once, so why not enjoy it.

6. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Ticket: $75
    Gas: $10 (3 of us splitting, probably $30 total)
    Hotel: $120 ($40 a night for 3 nights at Crowne Plaza)
    Parking: $15 (maybe free, haha)

Actually looks reasonable so far. Of course that's without autographs, souveneirs, food, and whatever else we decide to do!

7. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm splitting the cost of hotel rooms with a friend..Even with that I've pretty much goodbye to nearly $300...(counting my celebration pass)..
    I haven't counted the airline ticket, because it was a gift..

I haven't even counted film, food, concert tickets, merchandise, autographs and such...

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Ticket: $75
    Hotel: $139 x 4 nights at the Embassy Suites (split 4 ways)
    Gas: maybe $20 each
    =
    approx. $234

!snap

9. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I have decided to come to Indy on Thursday now, so that is setting me back more on my hotel. I am justifying to myself by realizing that I can actually do other thing while I am in Indy now. So instead of $350 a day to be there for 3 days, its now more like $290 a day for 4 days! A much better value!

10. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Iwakura, I think you will have plenty. I will be spending only 400 at celebration(all expenses included). Most of my money is going to Toys R Us on the 23rd.

11. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    $150 for passes, plus $30 for extra membership (but all paid for in November)
    $200 for four nights at the Super 8, it's a decent chain and all we need are the basic accomodations
    $140 for the rental car since we don't want to put the miles on our car, and it means there's a car in our parking space while we're away
    Not sure for food since we'll buy sodas, water, snacks and breakfast type items ahead of time and bring them in a cooler. That way we don't pay convention prices, or have to find a convenience store in Indy. So probably safe at $100.
    $50 for gas? As long as we don't fuel up in Wisconsin or inside Chicago, we should do alright.
    $360 maybe for autographs (depending on lines)
    Maybe see the concert, and blow the rest of our tax money from the state and fed on merchandising. No cost for costume because we would have to gut a 70s pimp van to find shaggy white carpet to make a Wampa costume.
    I don't know what that adds up to, I just took my stat test today and used up my brain's math juice for the day.

12. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Well, I figured it would be somewhere around $1000 for me. I paid for the passes ($150) and the airfare ($500) and my brother paid for hotel (approx $500) for four nights. With the autograph booklet ($120), food, FanForce party, concert, etc, it will hit $1000 or maybe more for me. Oh well, I don't care. I knew it was going to be quite a bit since I'm coming from Idaho. Like the others said: enjoying the experience--priceless.... :)

13. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Let's see...I'm bringing my 15 year old son so I'm going to break the bank (or my bank account).

$370 air
    $210 passes & club membership
    $448 hotel
    $ 75 airport transportation (both ends)
    $ 34 FanForce party
    $ 24 concert
    $225 food & snacks (I bet I go over...feeding a bottomless pit)

$1386 total

I haven't set an amount for souvenirs but will probably bring about $500 in travelers checks and there's always my atm & credit cards if I loose my mind.

Even though I'm experiencing sticker shock I'm looking at this as a once in a lifetime experience shared by a long time star wars fan accompanied by her star wars fan son. For that I'd pay twice the price!

Carolyn

14. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg

Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Well, I spent over $2500 total on Celebration I in Denver. I took my wife and oldest daughter. Dropped a ton of $$ on round-trip airfare from Atlanta to Denver, hotel, rental car, the Celebration itself, and spent $231.55 at Toys R Us during the EP1 Midnight Madness Toy Run (which was documented and can be seen in Jeff Cioletti's "Millennium's End: The Fandom Menace", much to my embarassment these days).

Anyway, with that in mind... my total budget for C2 is under $500.

This will be easily accomplished, seeing as the family isn't coming this time and I'm driving instead of flying (only about a 7 hour jaunt from Atlanta). And I'll be sharing the hotel room with 2 friends, thus deferring costs three ways. Plus, my days as a "Super-Collector" are in the past.

However, since StarWarsFan.Org has a fan table and we'll need some stuff for give-aways and display... I'm sure that $500 budget will rise a little.

`Carl

15. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    Airfare from California - $260
    Hotel (Courtyard 4 nights) - $500
    3 Day Pass - $75
    Fan Club Mbrshp(Lanyard): 30.00
    Concert - $12
    Taxi from/to Airport - $50
    Food - $50
    Autographs - $240

Total - $1217 So Far.
    Out of pocket so far - $365
    Dealer Room Purchase - ??? probably $$$$

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    This trip wouldnt really be that bad money wise if I didnt hire a seamstress to make my familys costumes....
    geesh! Well, I think I was better off saving that money and buying a ton of S.W. stuff instead at the convention!

Oh well, live and learn.
    I still think its going to be fun! Costumes and all........

I notice everyone posted prices for their expenses thus far, but no one has included food? how much do you think the average person will spend on meals there a day?

17. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg

Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    "how much do you think the average person will spend on meals there a day?"

Plan on at least $30 a day, per person, for meals when you're travelling.

18. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I am going alone, but my wife is there on business. So some things get to be "deducted" so to speak.

Airfare (for me only) = $300
    Hotel (Westin) = ??? (paid for by wife's job) :D
    3 day pass = $75 (but already bought that)
    Food = ?? I guess like $200
    Good Stuff (merchandise etc) = 200-250 ??
    Autographs = $120 (probably, depends on the final guest list)

But all of this is really irrelavant. This is my first event like this and I am not really going to limit myself too much. I may not get to go again. So I really only have two words "credit card". Let's hope that it will survive this trip. (especially after the April 23rd)

19. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    hhmmmmm. 30.00 per person per day for food.....thats uh......x's 5 days for us since we are driving .....uh 600.00 for food for our family.......

looks like alot of PB&J for us!!!! ;)

Strawbary

20. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    How much am I going to spend at Celebration II?

Way too much!

I am with the guys quoting from the Mastercard commercials. The experience will be priceless. I did attend CI in Denver and regardless of the lines, the rain, and the total cost, I loved every minute of it. I consider myself lucky just to be able to atend CII.

21. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Looks like we're all spending a bundle with very little regret rearing it's ugly head.
    I like to overestimate so I'm including the digital camera I just bought (specifically so I could take many good pictures at C2) in my totals:
    Airfare (from Orlando): 175.00
    Hotel (Courtyard-4 nights): 200.00
    Celebration II: 75.00
    Concert: 12.00
    FanForce party: $17
    airport transportation: $30
    food & snacks: $100
    Autographs: $60
    Misc. SW plastic: $331

Total - $1000 So Far.
    Adding the camera- $1500

22. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    I too am able to write-off a portion of this trip due to business the 4 days before the convention.

Here's our expense report :D

$358 AIRFARE (for 2 from Palm Springs, CA)
    $310 HOTEL
    $80 CAR RENTAL (3 days)
    $130 PASSES (2 3-day passes *used 2 $10 cert from Fan Club Membership purchase*)
    $60 FAN CLUB Memb's (2)
    $34 FAN FORCE PARTY
    $24 CONCERT
    $10 PARKING
    $75 FOOD (2ppl, 3days..we've done it before)
    -------------
    $1081
    $ 400 SW GOODIES

And like everyone has mentioned previously...it's worth every penny... :D

Just happy to be going!

Leah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.