1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Abq What is the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Andromeda13, Sep 2, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This might be an interesting subject, or at least I hope it will be! The worst gift I've ever gotten is a box of Prilosec for my birthday two years ago, courtesey of Ulic!
  2. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the gift of crabs, also from Ulic...

just kidding, that was the first thing that came to mind
  3. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Ulic what were you THINKING?!

I'm LUCKY. Clem ALWAYS gets me things I want, or things he KNOWS I'll like.

For me, worst gift(s)...underwear. And no, not nice stuff from Victoria's Secre or something. Big white cotten ones w/blue flowers, courtesy of my grandma. although once I was 19, she finally got me some that were more age-apporpriate. Oh, and might I add she buys underwear for everyone. Except she calls to ask the size, and still buys 'em too big. Maybe she thinks we're lying and we're fatter than we say we are?
  4. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I wanted them, all right....

Please, tell us more about your underwear!

This is the BEST FRIDAY EVER!
  5. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    i was talking about the Prilosec! Who buys that as a GIFT??

no, i don't want to talk about granny panties from granny... [face_laugh]
  6. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    it was definately in 5th grade for our Christmas Party (Pre ACLU crap)gift exchange...this guy Levy that we thought was rich because his parents owned a glass shop picked my name...being the poor kid i was like all stoked about getting a cool gift...

...it turned out to be a barbie paint by numbers diorama...that pretty muched sucked and was in no doubt my worst gift
  7. JABBA_JO Jedi Knight

star 2
    My parents once told me that they gave me the gift of life for my birthday once. I wanted a super soaker. :_|
  8. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] oh my god! i can't stop laughing!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  9. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    That is tragically awesome!

My next door neighbor, when we were in Jr. High, used to get socks, mouthwash and deodorant... we felt so bad for him as we were playing with all our swag! He's still messed up about it to this day!
  10. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This thread is too funny! I thought of another really bad gift I got for my wedding - it was a clock. Not just any clock, but a gold plastic one shaped like a fan, complete with a black velvet patch in the center where the hands and numbers went. It would have taken up an entire wall, it was so large. It had imitation turquoise rocks glued by the numbers, and the second hand had a glittery, pink silk butterfly glued to it. I put it out at a garage sale a few years later, and my husband and I laughed about who the heck would buy that thing. We decided the trash man probably wouldn't even pick it up. Nope! It was the first thing that sold, and I should have put that $5 in a frame somewhere.
  11. JABBA_JO Jedi Knight

star 2
    :eek: I bought that clock. Its hanging in my livingroom, I thought who would sell suck a great clock for so cheap.
  12. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
  13. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Edit: you know what i just realized? SOMEONE is bound to think (if not post) something about how it's the thought that counts, and we're being ungrateful, blah blah blah. Just a thought.
  14. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    That would be me, but I don't think it's all that great........ [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  15. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I once (last year) got a Jar Jar Binks action figure!
  16. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    oh dude, i'm sorry to hear that.
  17. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wow. That tops all of us. Sorry about that, Gecko......
  18. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
  19. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I know, I know....thanks for the concern! I walked out wondering who hated me so much?
  20. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    :D Perhaps it was meant for someone else..........
  21. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    It was a white elephant type gift exchange.....but who was it targeted for? [face_thinking]
  22. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dang. Stupid board and these double postings!
    Hmmm.......... anyone have any ideas on who that nasty gift could have been meant for?
  23. karenec1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a bottle of Boones, Strawberry Flavor. It's still in my fridge.
  24. jedijason330 Jedi Master

star 3
    I got my worst gift yesterday. A former co-worker gave me a copy of the moron Al Franken's "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot", I don't know whether to burn it or shove it back in her face.
  25. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    There is always re-gifting?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby