What is there to do for New Year's Eve here?

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I recently moved here and I don't really know all the fun places to go. I noticed around Halloween there were like 5 million different places that had events. lol I hope the same is true for New Year's! I will be out of town for part of the Holidays but back in time for New Year's... I figured I would post this and ask ahead of time to plan something. What do you guys recommend?
  2. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I usually just go to a friends house to hang out. There are probably plenty of places in Hollywood and around here to do the same, but I don't know any of them. Being at a friends house has the distinct advantage of being able to just crash right where I'm at (no worries about driving home) and go to sleep.

Heck, the only time we really had a wild get together was New Year's Eve 1999 and even that was still just a bunch of us drinking at a friends house.
  3. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    If you want a fun time,

goto Pasadena. The party on Colorado Blvd is great and you get to watch the parade in the morning.
  4. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I concur with Jeff. Its a blast down in Pasadena.
  5. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    But when I went to Pasadena for the LA meeting I got lost! lol I would have to have better directions this time. What is the party? You said it was on a certain street, is it like a block party? Outside? Sounds fun, and I never usually see the parade so...
  6. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like the party out on the street the night before the Rose Parade. You could call it a block party ;)
  7. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wow people do this and the cops are ok with it? Drinking outside? Thought that was against the law. hmm...
  8. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I don't know exactly what goes on (I've never been up there for the party). Yes, drinking out on the street is illegal, but they probably have some other kind of festivities that don't involve drinking.

Can someone else that actually knows anything about this please chime in?
  9. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    around 11 pm, they shut Colorad Blvd down in Pasadena...

people just party on the street. There is no public drinking but that's why you keep it hidden (or bring an RV)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.