main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what is there to do while I'm in vegas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by chunk_the_jawa, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    anything of special "starwars "intrest I should see?

any help please I will be there the weekend of the 14th.

2. jedijody

jedijody Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Las Vegas Nevada, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    The first "Star Wars" type thing that comes to mind would be FAO Shwartz in the Forum shops at Ceser's Palace. On the 3rd floor of FAO they have a HUGE Star Wars retail area with LOTS-O-STUFF definatly worth seeing. If you are an open-minded person, I'd also suggest the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. It's a motion movie ride that is really cool plus a "Prominade"(SP?) retail area with all sorts of Trekie goodies. That's all I can think of at the moment. Have a safe trip.

3. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    thanks for the info.

maybe I can pick up an extra shuttle at fao.

4. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    While you're in the forum shops don't forget to go to Planet Hollywood. When you first get there you'll see Darth Vader. When you go inside there is a sitting area on the left. Towards the back near the corner seating on your right(did that make sense?) is Princess Leia's blaster. It's the seating area that has Will Robinson's costume and the Planet of the Apes suit. In the main area you'll see a X-Wing and Tie battling it out. Same scale as the ones that were sold some time back. As far as the Star Trek Experience that's a pretty fun place. Just ask for the smoking section if you eat there as it looks more like Quark's bar than anywhere else in the place.

Tim Anadon

Tim Anadon

5. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    If you have a day to kill while here we're a couple hours from the lookout area where old Ben shows Luke Mos Eisley, the caverns where the jawas shot R2, the scene where the Tusken Raiders are jumping onto their Bantha's and a little further North is the famous dune sea wher 3PO and R2 are arguing on which direction to go. It's all in Death Valley

Tim

6. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    thanks all I had a great time in vegas you can read all about it in the RMFF or denver forums.

7. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    So who went to the GAMA Trade show? I didn't even know about it until it was too late.

8. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Wow,
    What great ideas you folks gave - I'll be in Vegas from the 19th until the 23rd. I'll be sure to hit some of those spots. Is there a map or anything to the spots in Death valley - we are planning to sitesee in the area as well as Vegas?
    Thanks
    Reb
    AKA Rebadams7 Minnesota Force
    Hometown
    New Hope, MN

9. KhartrinRhan

KhartrinRhan Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    REBADAMS7

I have a Star Wars insider magazine that has all the Death Valley locations. I'll dig it up and see if I can scan the page for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.