main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Force is capable of strengthening your muscles. I don't think tiny Luke would stand a chance against "cyborg who crushes necks with one hand" without the force.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    If that was the case, why couldn't Vader stop him then? Luke beat him, period. Vader doesn't have arm and leg muscles to augment or stregthen either with the Force. If you're talking about a comic book and younger version of Vader that's a different story. I am referring to Return of the Jedi Vader specifically

Erkan12 likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Haven't I already said that Vader was weakened in the dark side due to his inner conflict? That plus Luke's increasing connection to the force explains the defeat on Death Star II for me.

Between TESB and ROTJ is only half a year timespan, so Vader in ROTJ isn't that old.

4. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Yes, yes you have. Thank you for reminding me.

If Vader was strong enough he would have fended off Luke. He would have done so, at least to save his own life as Luke was tapping into the Dark Side and driving him back. My point is he was weaker than Luke and therefore weaker than Sidious at that time.

Erkan12 likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Luke definitely increased his martial prowess by tapping into the dark side. Whether that translated into him being more powerful than Vader overall, I do not know, but at that point he surpassed him. Could he have done that as a lightsider at that point? Possibly, possibly not.

The rest of the fight was pretty even otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erkan12 likes this.
  6. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    "you don't know the power of the darkside...I MUST obey my master"

seems pretty straight forward to me. Sidious sensed someone could finally overthrow him which sent a [face_idea] through Vader's head. Finally Vader had a reason again, a reason to being. He could finally rule but this time with his son, and make things "how we want them to be" the same goal he had with Padme.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    That's my take as well.

This has created quite the discussion, need to do topics like this more often.

By the way, what's everyone's general thoughts for the third Rogue One trailer? I thought it was pretty solid personally.

La Calavera and Dandelo like this.
  8. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I dunno, none of the trailers really grabbed me and I thought the dialogue was rather weak. The only one from the new cast that looked cool to me was Baze. My favorite moment was to see Vader storm towards Krennic, that was an awesome scene.

But they're just trailers and the movie could still turn out to be awesome, so I try to remain optimistic.

10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  11. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yes, I loved both trailers. I love that Vader is still having his dramatic entrances even in trailers.
    I’m very excited for Rogue One, it seems like the movie will be more to my liking. And even if it sucks, it will still be a visual treat. Plus Vader is back!! :D

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm not going to lie, this movie is all about seeing a badass Vader for me. I know there is so much more around Vader, but he's the main draw IMO. Second is seeing some type of Jedi Lore from Jedha. I really liked that fallen Jedi statue.

Darth_Pevra and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  14. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    My favorite tv spot for that game. Its just a shame they never did put a actually snow forest level in the game. Well then again the game itself wasn't something to really write home about.

La Calavera and Master_Rebado like this.
  15. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  16. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  17. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  18. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Or it could turn out terrible. I like the trailers and I'm optimistic as well but I'm also keeping my excitement in check. Like any film it could be horrible despite good trailers but again I'm optimistic and like what I'm seeing so far.

La Calavera and Darth_Pevra like this.
  19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008

Man, that ending is real cute.
    ;):vader::redsaber:

21. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  22. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    What are your guys thoughts on what Vader thinks of Padme post-ROTS? Personally I think because he considers Anakin to be dead figuratively he then did his best to bury all memories of her, even though some memories would sometimes pop up.

Master_Rebado and Darth_Furio like this.
  23. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I agree that he tried to bury all memory of her as best he could. It might be possible he still felt as if she betrayed him. I would think he probably thinks of it as a weakness every time he thinks of her because he's "no longer that person."

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

I have a feeling that Ahsoka will remind him of Padme before the Rebels TV series is over. At that point that you're mentioning, I think it's gone. Out of sight, out of mind.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Good question. I think he regards her as a youth flame, an infatuation that has no bearing on his current life. But he remembers her from time to time and he doesn't even know why...