main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the good replies everyone.

When it comes to Vader and Padme you can have two approaches. One being what the comic Lost Command did, which was to have Vader think of Padme often. Another is the way the now finished Marvel Vader did comics which was where Vader only thought of Padme on rare occasions. I prefer the approach of the Marvel comics as I feel it's the more accurate version of Vader.

2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  3. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  4. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Okay here's a question, what is your least favorite Vader story? I myself can't think of anything off the top of my head so I'll post my reply later when I think of a truly terrible one.

5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Darth Vader and the Lost Command :p

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I didn't like how they did Anakin/Vader becoming Sith in ROTS.

I haven't read all of the EU stuff or watched all of Rebels(don't like the show), but in the new comics I don't like how he was handled.

In the first "Darth Vader" comic I don't like him going to the Jabba for a personal matter. I don't think it fits his character dealing with criminal Hutt scum. He hated the Hutts.
    I also don't like him dealing the Hutts in official business either. I don't like the idea of the Empire doing business with the Hutts. There are other stuff I don't like about the comics either such as the 2 droids.
    The series wasn't very interesting either.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I understand that you dislike the series, but Vader was ordered to go to Jabba. He didn't go to him of his own chosing.

@ least favorite

Probably TFU II. I didn't play the game but watched a storyline video on Youtube. The whole cloning blues and Vader caring so much about Juno Eclipse was really dumb as well as the defeat by Starkiller clone.

La Calavera likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Vader/Anakin has always been my favorite character in the SW universe, even after the release of TFA.
    Favorite line: "You already have,Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister...you were right.":_|

9. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014

He also went there a day before his "official meeting", which wasn't ordered by Palpatine, but I also don't like the idea of the Empire working with Hutts, rather they were enemies.

I don't like TFU II either, didn't think about that one when I posted yesterday. Don't like the idea of OP starkiller more powerful than Vader.

10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  11. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    First off I would pick Lost Command as the only parts I remember are the bad parts.

Second welcome darklighter99! :)

Cubman987
    Jedi Knight Fett
    Pensivia
    PadawanEmily
    Saga Explorer
    Darth_Furio
    JEDI-RISING
    James T Kirk
    SatineNaberrie
    Cushing's Admirer
    Skywalkin'
    Darth Argel
    Queen Apailana
    Force Smuggler
    Admiral Volshe
    DarthIshyZ
    DarthNexys
    TrustyTrooper
    Jedi with a TARDIS
    Darth_Pevra
    Blazinga'd
    La Calavera.
    minnishe
    DarthKeithSkywalker
    darthtimetraveller
    KaziKat
    Master_Rebado
    Pax12
    Rabs
    The Legions of Lettow
    Macho Mantis
    Dameron
    Deputy Rick Grimes
    Heroic BB-8
    Jedimaster_Darklight
    Rainbow Knight Star
    BenToRen
    Captain Han Solo
    Darth Basin
    Davak24
    HateForTuskenRaiders
    SithLord28273
    darklighter99

Master_Rebado and La Calavera like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Last legend comic I read was Darth Vader and the Lost Command, that one was...interesting to say the least.
    I thought Padme's memories/visions were too on the nose at some point and art was all over the place.

Chancellor Yoda Thank you!:)

13. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Since we are talking about Legends, is there any Vader-related story from Legends you would wish it was recanonized or adapted to new canon? I would love to see Prince Xizor being brought back to piss off Vader again!

Darth_Pevra and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  14. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Luceno's Dark Lord book comes to mind, one of my favorite Vader stories. Though obviously rather impossible now the dark horse Empire comics would be awesome particularly the very first arc Betrayal.

La Calavera likes this.
  15. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  16. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I think Luceno’s novel still fits well in the new canon. May favorite part of it was reading about how Vader had to adapt to the new suit, like he was clumsy and awkward at first but he eventually got the hang of it.

Even the most dubious details, like the part about Vader thinking his suit was purposely sabotaged, were sort of maintained in the new canon but with a new twist: in which it was Cylo who made the suit with killswitch.

I wonder if Palpatine also has a killswitch remote too.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  17. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    My favorite part in the book was the chapter on Vader at the Jedi temple. In essence it is when Vader declared Anakin Skywalkers death and his hatred for Padme and Kenobi truly blossomed. Vader wouldn't likely even consider his past again until he became Anakin once more.

La Calavera likes this.
  18. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What do you guys think of the Marvel Darth Vader comic?
    I liked the story but I found art was all over the place and I would have liked it better if they swapped artists from time to time like they did for the annual.

20. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I loved those comics. They made Vader an indisputable badass AND they gave him a great story AND character development without taking away the mystic AND managed to merge PT Anakin with Vader in a natural way without overriding Vader’s personality (unlike Lost Commando).

Gillen did a great job.

And yes, the art was a bit unsatisfactory in some parts. But in Larroca’s defense, he drew a fantastic Vader (when he was not using a weird perspective angle that is). Vader’s mask is particularly difficult to draw and many artists have struggled with it. Larroca not only did an excellent job with Vader’s features, he also managed to convey emotion with clever panel construction without any need of dialogue, just like in the movies.

Chancellor Yoda and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I also like how Gillen never forgot that Vader is an evil, devious bastard who will ruthlessly kill to reach his goals and not a "victim". Even when Vader is basically demoted it isn't played up in a way that we're supposed to feel sorry for him because in the same issue he destroys an entire village of Tusken. No, he's a man who knows fully well what he is doing and why he is doing it and not just some slave puppet of Palpatine.

Interesting picture, Vader sans robe:

[​IMG]

23. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Okay to keep this ball rolling what to you is the stupidest Vader-related story? Not necessarily the worst just really dumb. I can imagine some interesting results from this question. :p

La Calavera likes this.
  24. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    The whole TFUII storyline was objectively stupid and one of the worst. :p

The old Marvel comics had one story of Vader trying to prevent the rebels from…getting a loan to purchase X-Wings. The premise was already stupid, and it got even more stupid when the plot delved into Vader and Leia trying to one-up each other in the dangerous game of…finances. It also involved the crown jewels of Alderaan, because of course it did.

Seriously, I invite you all to try to read the summary of this story without laughing.

What else… there was one little story about Vader crashing on a planet and having to survive in the wild. He got surrounded by a pack of hyenas (or whatever those things were); he kills their leader and becomes their Alpha Male. :cool: And I think he helped them doing some hunting. I actually liked that story a lot, I thought it was…kinda cute? But I admit it’s difficult to type a summary of that story with a serious face.

Deliveranze and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Vader and his hyenas are definitively up there. I was just thinking "what is happening?" during all the issue.