main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm in. I don't have a top favorite Darth Vader line/moment as I think they are all cool. However, a couple I like are: "He will come to me?" as well as "Sister. So you have a sister. Obi-Wan's failure is complete. If you won't turn to the dark side then perhaps she will." A favorite moment is in ROTJ when Luke is captured and brought to Vader.

2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome Darth Argel and Queen Apailana! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

cubman987 likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Opening conversation on DS2 in ROTJ.
    The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. Heck, everything he says in that duel.
    Imperial March.
    Calmly stopping Han shooting at him.

4. Darth Argel

Darth Argel Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2015
    Although my favorite moment was when he said to Luke "No...I am your Father" I have always would been heard telling my employees (some active military and most prior service) the following Darth Vader quote during meetings "You may dispense the pleasantries Commander (usually changing it to that person's rank). I am here to put you back on schedule. That shows you all how the Sith Lord has shaped this manager's life :D

cubman987 likes this.
  5. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry for not posting here much guys. I've kinda been taking a break from star wars for a bit but now I'm back

Also Welcome Force Smuggler! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

So how is everybody else been doing? I've done well my self, I've finally finished high school and plan on getting a decent job soon. I don't really feel different about leaving school, though my dad said I wouldn't notice it until autumn when everyone else is off to school.

Pensivia likes this.
  6. Darth Argel

Darth Argel Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2015
    Chancellor Yoda-

You're father is correct. You will notice it. In fact, in a couple of years of being a working adult, you may not know the difference between weekdays and weekend because work sometimes have no holidays, weekends, or for some no vacation-- especially if you are in the IT or medical field. Congratulations on this significant milestone, young Jedi. =D=

BTW- I celebrated the 35 year of my fav movie EP V- ESB, this past week by watching it at home around midnight. My wife saw the hidden Darth Nerdoo come out of his semi annual (or so...) hibernation once again :D

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Nice to see you, Chancellor Yoda. And congratulations on your high school graduation![face_party] That is indeed a memorable milestone! Good luck with your job search.

Things are good with me. Had a nice trip to visit some extended family recently, which was fun.

Because this is a Vader thread and because of your avatar, when I read your comment above. I heard it in Vader's voice...it actually fit pretty well, since it includes the words "your father" and "correct":p

Darth Argel and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks guys.

And Happy Memorial Day (for those that celebrate it at least).

Right now my mom is making grilled chicken for lunch, and its not a bad day for a grill out too.

Speaking of fathers, when is fathers day anyways? As this would be perfect for it. :p

[​IMG]

Darth Argel, Agent M and cubman987 like this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This Sunday is my first Father's Day as a father.....I got my gift early and I'm pretty excited about it. I got a shirt with Vader on it that says "I am you father" and my daughter got an identical onsie except it says "You are my father on it". My wife did good :)

10. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    That's great!

Wow Fathers day is this week? Gotta get my dad a gift too.

cubman987 likes this.
  11. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Vader and Father's Day definitely go great together, don't they?:p

I also posted this in the Meme thread a while back, but thought it should be here as well:

[​IMG]

I also love this one, from the children's book "Darth Vader and Son" (have you guys seen this book? It's so cute--I recently gave it to the son of a friend of mine, and I love reading it aloud to him):

[​IMG]

Anyway, Happy Father's Day to any dads here and special congrats to cubman on your 1st Father's Day as a dad!

12. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Speaking of fathers day.

[​IMG]

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Jeffrey Brown's Darth Vader books are great. Highly recommended.

Darth Basin and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah, I haven't seen the Vader and Leia one yet (except for a couple of pages on the internet), but I bet it's just as charming as the Vader-Luke one!

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just finished his Vader & Friends book and it's pretty good. It has Han, Lando, Chewie and the droids as well. I think I saw in Insider that it was the last one - if so it's a shame. I've liked these.

16. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    It is.:p

[​IMG]

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah we got Vader's Little Princess and Goodnight Darth Vader as gifts from one of my friends; love them!

Pensivia Thanks!!

Pensivia likes this.
  18. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Well .. Anakin isn't really number 1 on my list but him as Darth Vader ... well - I guess I like him better than Anakin ... but then again one must ask themselves ... IF Anakin had reached his full potential as a Sith Lord - well as Darth Vader unhindered ... would he be just as likeable or just more of an amoral arrogant jerk? I'm sure we know he was far from the ideal Jedi ... impulsive, angry, emotionally attached, arrogant, impulsive, easily excitable - and the 'YOU WILL LIKE WHATEVER I DO AND I WILL BE FORCE-HAPPY IF YOU DON'T...' and such ... and hence as Darth Vader well ...

19. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    happened to come across this...hadn't seen it before, but I thought it belonged here:p

[​IMG]

20. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Wanted to ask this question for a bit but what version of Darth Vader's helmet do you like the most?

Ralph McQuarrie's

[​IMG]

Or the final version.

[​IMG]

21. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hoping to join, here. :D

I have three Vader moments....but only one has a line.

So I'll say that this one is my favorite line:

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa". Just the way he says it is perfect.
    (Bonus, the scene's in wonderful HD).

I also like when he gets back into space on his advanced TIE. Watching that after ROTS made it much more awesome.

Third favorite is this from ROTS, I like seeing the humanity in him despite all the terrible things he just did. It makes the Padmé "there's good in him" more believable, to me.

22. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome Admiral Volshe! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  23. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yes! Almost like he's "purring"...

Chancellor Yoda: I think I would have to go with the final (movie) version, but that could just be because it's what I'm used to. I have seen one other McQuarrie drawing (full length, not just the helmet) that I like as much as the final film version.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  24. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I prefer the final version.
    I think the McQuarrie designs I've seen look too much like Q*Bert ( :p ). If the breath mask portion was a little more recessed, I would like his original version a lot more!

Pensivia likes this.
  25. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Final version too.

However I always liked that look of the Ralph one, just how threatening it looks.