main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm kinda partial toward Vader vs Boba Fett in Enemy of the Empire. Good comic!

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Slaughtering the lylek horde in Lords of the Sith. Now that is some serious badassery.

Darth_Pevra, Ithorians and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    How about that time in Vader Down when he wrecked a small Rebel army single handedly? I´m thinking that or that time in Legends (RODV) when he defeated 5 Jedi in a matter of seconds and with ease, mere months after getting the suit on...

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Vader Down and Rogue One Profundity rebel slaughter are pretty aces. He had a higher body count in Vader Down but more targets, in Rogue One he only had about 40 seconds and a hallway of Rebel scum and he had to milk it with scary breathing and igniting his lightsaber for 15 at least.

PCCViking , Ithorians and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. Lord Vader's Feline

Lord Vader's Feline Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 2, 2017
    Then I dont understand what badass means. I thought it was somebody vile. And killing children was vile.
    But as far as I understand badass means a tough guy. Am I right?

If so , for me it is the moment when he shoots down a ship with the saberthrow in "Shadows and Secrets"

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, a badass is somebody who is tough and doesn't take any poodoo off of anybody. Mace Windu is a badass.

Badassery is an awesome action sequence, usually involving a badass. Mace Windu dueling Palpatine is badassery.

7. Lord Vader's Feline

Feb 2, 2017
    Then fighting the horde of lyleks is my favourite badassery

DarthIshyZ and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    At this point, I have a hard time imagining anything more badass than that.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Ah, corrupting foreign language speakers with Americanisms. So much fun. When I was in Tennessee, my school had an exchange student. Apparently her English teacher in her home country was *quite* upset that she had picked up Americanisms and a southern accent!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  10. Lord Vader's Feline

Feb 2, 2017
    Fire walk with me[​IMG]

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  12. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

First issue of the new comic is out!!!! I would love to know what you think about it!!!!

13. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Loved it, but it felt so short! Either way, it was a good start, I'm so into this!
    I loved how he just smashed Sidious into the wall with the sheer power of his anger, and after Vader surrendered himself to his situation and let him go, Sidious was like “oh no you don't” and bam! he electrocutes the man who is still grieving and in shock, right after he just came from a painful surgery. Can Vader ever catch a break?

As I suspected, Vader will have to face a Jedi without a weapon to get his lightsaber. That should be interesting. The art was pretty good too and I think the artistis did a good job at reminded us that Vader at this period is still more Anakin-ish with his moves and poses.

I also loved that little detail about him using the vision controls of his helmet.

And my favorite part: THAT SHIP! That looks like a Space Lamborghini!
    I thought they were going to show his Eta-2, but apparently he had another ship before that. How many ships did Vader have before he grew old and switched to his Space Toyota?

I do hope they explore more his adjustments to the suit and his doubts about his new role, kinda like Luceno did in Dark Lord. Plus, Anakin was strongly rebellious by nature. I know he is trying to cope with his new reality now, but there should be something more that makes the transition from the rebel without a cause to the loyal Imperial enforcer feel more natural.

14. Lord Vader's Feline

Feb 2, 2017
    I have to wait a couple of days for my comic but I have just read @LaCalaveras spoiler and it sounds terrific. And moving. Awwww.

What is the release date of the second part? Who knows?

15. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ I think you will really enjoy this one. :p

Also i forgot to add something in my comment:
    Did you guys notice how Vader went full Magneto on those thieves? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he used to the Force to unscrew the screws and little parts from the machinery and used those as bullets. That is so kickass.

It’s also a nice contrast between here where he is still suffering shots, and later in his OT years where he can already easily deflect blaster bolts with his bare hands and face entire platoons alone without a scratch. Maybe we’ll get to see how Vader learned his deflecting shots ability!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Saw this today @ a pop culture store in my nearest shopping centre.

Pricey but @ 1:1 scale looks SO awesome!!!

[​IMG]

La Calavera likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Here are my thoughts from the other thread:

Is it me, or did Palpatine feel threatened by Vader? Some of his deranged faces almost show something like fear. So yeah, the lightning was there to put Vader in place, but Palpatine also knows just how dangerous and powerful Vader can be - as shown in other lines. I don't always like Palpatine in stories, but in this one I like him a lot. He's the right mix of deranged, mysterious, powerful and creepy. I might prefer this interpretation to the original, actually.

Vader himself is pretty raw. I loved the scene when he was playing around with his optics or when he took out those thugs. One of them even managed to hit him, shows that Vader isn't yet in his prime.

The pace of the issue was slow but I enjoyed that as well. It makes a lot of sense to dwell on this first, crucial moments in Vader's existence. I'm more interested in his state of mind instead of one action scene after the next.​

Ithorians and La Calavera like this.
  18. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I don’t know if you guys saw this demo of Vader VR game:

I was expecting the graphics to be a little better. But I am mostly curious about the story here. I know there will be story (that could be canon) and so far that seems to involve crashed TIEs in his land. Interesting. Sounds like there was a battle there, or maybe someone found out where he lived.

Ithorians likes this.
  19. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I agree 100%!!! I think it´s very interesting seeing Palpatine in this position. I think he didn´t expect Vader to show that kind of power so early into his transformation, and it´s the first time he sees that it can be turned against him. I feel like it actually reinforces one on my favorite theories/perspectives about the Sith relationship: that the Emperor doesn´t have that much of an edge over Vader when it comes to a fight, but he is incredibly skillful in manipulating him and making use of other exceptional abilities he has that Vader doesn´t (like his ability to foresee certain events). I´m finding this comic very interesting so far...

(Gets dizzy from the amazement) Since I´m not really technological savvy, and I´m still complete amazed by Dark Forces and Jedi Knight´s abilities to immerse the player into the Star Wars universe, this is just beyond spectacular to me, lol!!

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Isn't it more epic if Palpatine plays with forces that could one day destroy him? It's kinda more badass compared to the old EU's line of thinking in my opinion.
    In this book Palpatine's advantage seems to be his experience and knowledge of the dark side. Vader is already incredibly powerful, but he is still very angry and inexperienced in the dark side. He seems far more methodical in his approach in the later series and eventually it had to end in a power struggle with Palpatine. I think that's some really interesting and fitting character development.

21. Lord Vader's Feline

Feb 2, 2017
    Does anybody know what is the release date of the second part of the comic?

La Calavera likes this.
  22. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  23. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    It's scheduled for June 21 according to Wookiepedia.

24. Lord Vader's Feline

Feb 2, 2017
    Spoiler

I dont understand one thing. In ROTJ Vader is electrocuted and dies whereas in the comic Vader is electrocuted and survives. How is that possible?

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    In ROTJ he had exposed wires? Just a wild guess.