main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What is you favorite Star Trek series?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Aug 17, 2013.

?

What is you favorite Star Trek series?

1. The Original Series

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. The Next Generation

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Deep Space Nine

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Voyager

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Enterprise

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. The Animated Series

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    DS9!
    I loved the character development even for "minor characters" It actually had no regulars that were minor. Characters such as O'Brien, Bashiere, Kira, and Odo, had very large roles.
    The villains were great. I can't say enough about Gull Dukat, Dumar, Weyoun, and Kia Winn.

And guest characters! Sloan! Michael Eddington! Navark Li Nalas! Maritza!

CloneUncleOwen, TX-20 and Sarge like this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

Why? Is there even still a Star Wars live-action series in development after the Disney buyout and the announcement of a sequel trilogy? Is Ira Stephen Behr or Ronald D. Moore the showrunner for this series? Does Star Wars really have anything to do with Star Trek?

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    In this order:

Next Generation
    Enterprise
    Deep Space 9
    The Original Series
    Voyager

4. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Ronald Moore was mentioned in some rumours of it being picked back up after Disney got hold of it, but I think that was just fan speculation.
    I was just referring to the way that the war had been dealt with and the very 'lived in' feel of the station. The show displayed that a live action SW could have worked, that's all.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I believe Ron Moore wrote some scripts for the scrapped SW tv series. If Disney knows what is good for them then they'll do the smart thing and bring him and Ira Behr on to the show.

Hell, maybe even Robert Hewitt Wolfe, he was responsible for one of my favorite DS9 eps "The Wire" and was responsible for a good chunk of seasons 1-5 of DS9.

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    By the way, Gul Dukat's action figure looked nothing like Gul Dukat.

7. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Most of the earlier action figures didn't. Playmates got better with the sculpts as time progressed.

Still kicking myself for opening the TNG Thomas Riker figure and not waiting to see if another one would ever show up.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I finished the third season (and obviously watched the season 4 opener). So that's The Best of Both Worlds, huh? Now I know why Riker is such a bad-ass... I mean, he had come a long way from season 1 ("grew the beard", obviously, being the trope namer), but I think the BBW two-parter was his character's real breakout moment.

I totally thought Commander Shelby was going to be a casualty of the Borg.

edit: I also thought it was clever how Shelby's character probably served to make viewers during the original airing really nervous that Picard might not make it.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Shelby never appears again in Trek. I don't know why she wasn't a recurring character or something.

And they had planned it so that Picard might not actually make it. Patrick Stewart was renegotiating his contract for season 4 and Michael Piller was afraid it might fall through. That would've been weird.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    IIRC, a later episode of either TNG or DS9 mentions Shelby by name, but she doesn't make any further appearances.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think Sisko mentions that he worked with her on the Defiant project, as it was meant as an anti-Borg ship.

12. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Shelby (Elizabeth Dennehey)'s father Brian was attempting to use his considerable influence at the time to bring Elizabeth into regular film productions.

They never really worked out to any great satisfaction. In many ways it was the same with Michelle Forbes (Ensign Ro) being offered the lead bajoran role on DS9;
    she turned it down to star in KALIFORNIA alongside Brad Pitt and David Duchovny. Michelle ended up playing shortrun characters on shows such as
    HOMICIDE:LIFE ON THE STREET and latter BABYLON 5.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't remember Michelle Forbes on B5. What was her character there?

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    that dude with the crazy hair

15. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Now that you have seen BOBW - GO BACK AND WATCH THE EARLIER SEASONS. If you can't do that then at least watch the eps we've mentioned here as things start to get pretty self-referential by season 4 and I don't want to have to re-explain plot points from earlier seasons.

Other than that, I'm glad you're enjoying TNG.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I think he meant the reboot Battlestar Galatica.

Edit: For those curious about Shelby; she appears in a series of novels called New Frontier about with by and large an original crew (save for one or two other one/two - off TNG/DS9 characters) on a ship called the Excalibur that's originally designed to patrol Tholian space following the fall of the Tholian Empire.

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  17. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    This.

(Thanks, Juliet :))

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Your welcome.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    His welcome? That doesn't make any sense.

20. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yessir, okay, sir. :(

21. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people here either haven't seen TOS or have little knowledge of it. I remember how it was run for years on Channel 11 weeknights. Has it become that obscure or even overlooked?

I don't mean this as a criticism; it's an actual question.

22. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    People see it as a 50 year old show with bad SFX and guys walking around in brightly colored pajamas. Very few people notice the stories or character moments which take place, they just see the outdated stuff and love to point and laugh.

Their loss, our gain.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Quite possibly the only reason I've seen TOS was because it was one of the few American shows that played in Pakistan when I was a child.

24. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Ironically I've always found that to be part of its charm.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I grew up with Enterprise, but TNG is definitely better.