main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA What is you favorite SW movie?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Okay everyone, whats your favorite SW movie? Now the only request I have is that we don't flame each others favorites or the reason why we like them.

My personal favorite is ROTJ. For no other reason than the massive star fighter combat scenes. I loved the sheer scale of it. I think my favorite part was the shot of the Falcon flying through all the Tie's. Man that was cool.

AOTC would be second because of the ground combat scenes and the size of the military operation, add to that 200 jedi fighting and thats more than impressive. :D

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    ESB. I love Yoda and while he kicked some major A$$ in AOTC, I still like ESB best, mostly for all the training scenes on Dagobah with Luke.

3. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    1-ESB
    2-AotC
    3-ANH
    4-TPM
    5-RotJ

4. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    This is a tough question for me!

1-AOTC
    2-ANH
    3-ESB
    4-ROTJ
    5-TPM

Favorite action sequence relative to the list above:

1-Jango continuously firing on OB1 in the asteroid field and fight with Jango/OB1
    2-Final Death Star fight
    3-fight with Vader/Luke
    4-fight with Vader/Luke
    5-fight with Darth Maul/OB1 and battle with Gungans/droids where blaster fire bounces off shields

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Oh heck, my favorite action sequence of all the movies would have to be Yoda and Dooku. That was sweeeet! 2nd favorite would be Luke/Vader from ROTJ and then Luke/Vader from ESB.

6. Ariana_the_RPG_Chick

Ariana_the_RPG_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    My favorite would be ESB. No! ANH...but ROTJ was so cool and the effects in AOTC were amazing. I can't pick a favorite. It's too hard!

7. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    i thought all were great...but ive got to go with AOTC...yoda kicks bootie...not to mention more lightsabers than you can shake a gimer stick at..

8. JediThorin

JediThorin Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    Difficult to answer this question is.

I'll have to say that my favorite is Return of the Jedi. After that comes Attack of the Clones, Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope and last but not least The Phantom Menace.

JediThorin

9. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    #1 - ANH (a sentimental choice, I guess, as it premiered the week I graduated HS)
    #2 - a TIE (fighter?) between AOTC and ESB
    #3 - another Tie between TPM & ROTJ
    (Anyone else who would kill to be in EpIII?)

10. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    no...i dont know anyone...NOT! cant be me...they killed off porkins...

11. jedi_janie

Aug 20, 2002
    Speaking of Porkins - I met Bill Hootkins just a couple weeks ago at Comic Con. GREAT guy! I have a picture of the two of us. Also met David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch and Warwick Davis. BEST part of the whole convention IMO.

12. Sianna_Klynn

Sianna_Klynn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2001
    oh! *raises her hand* Oh! My favorite SW Movie is ESB!

I tend to be a little darker, so this movie gave it to me...first you start out with Hoth, then you go to the asteriods field chase scene, Dagobah..oh and then Bespin...come on...it all happens there!

And it all ends on a dark note leaving you with so many questions. It was the perfect set up for ROTJ ...which had some great scenes from Jaba, back to Dagobah *sniffle*...then off to the big show down with the Rebels vs The Empire...and Luke vs the Emperor. The music is fabulous! Completely sets the mood.

Of course, I LOVE them ALL...and AOTC was simply beautiful. It was worth the lack of sleep, and the coffee and sugar in take.

Can't wait for EpIII! That should likely satisfy my need for the darkside. =X

13. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    absolute fave is AotC.
    there's TWO gorgeous hunks (hayden and ewan).
    3 kick butt chicks (natalie 'zam' and 'aayla')
    2 wisecracking masters (mace- 'this party's over' yoda-'lost a planet master obi-wan has...how embarassing')
    2gorgeous hunks.
    a TON of explosions.
    10 TONS of lightsaber action (go yoda!)
    and a beautiful love story (good Lord, i'd give ne thing to be Natalie Portman during kissing scenes)
    and o yea did i mention HUNKS!!!

14. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hmmm....hunks? overactive hormones you have eh? a cold shower you need, i think! i personally think padme's white jumpsuit is kicking...

15. jedi_janie

Aug 20, 2002
    hey D_A, you are NOT kidding about those two hunks! Every time I see AOTC the green eyed monster rears it's ugly head during the kissing scenes! However, to be honest, I'd rather be Jena Malone in Life as a House! Those shower scenes are mind boggling!

**ok, hormone jump to lightspeed*

16. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    D-A, you make a good case for AOTC.
    (Yoda's light-sabre dance was soooooo cool!)

17. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    ok ladies...if youre gonna do hunks..im gonna do babes...the best in SW...princess leia in her slave girl outfit from ROTJ..hubba hubba!

18. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Okay.... hmmm, I have never really ranked them. I love them ALL unconditionally :p

But here it goes.

ROTJ
    It's always been my favorite. I just love the ewoks. And Han and Luke are the best in this movie. And nothing can compare to the final duel. Nothing! And the action in this movie is stupendeous

ESB
    I used to HATE watching this when I was little. I hated how the ending was sad, how everyone was sad IN the movie. Now, I have grown to appreciate it more. I love Hoth and THe carbon freezing chamber moves me so much everytime. And who could forget the cloud city battle?

AOTC I have seen this 7 times, and i LVOE it. I have some complaints, but it's not bad. THe dialog is funny, Hayden and Ewan are SO hot... Padme's a REAL person, Jake lloyd is gone :p, and I personally liked all the love scenes. I almost died when Padme broke away from that first kiss!!!! I thought that Kaminoians were great and i just loved how itwas on such a majestic scale.

TPM
    Okay I did like this movie. I LOVED Qui-Gon. He was amazing. Obi-wan was funny, and it was great to see a Padawan for the first time. The light saber battles were great. But I really wish we could have seen more of Darth Maul. And i hated Jake lloyd. And I seriously do not like Jar Jar. Well, practically every scene with gungans i it (when there's speaking lines for them) struck me as just really stupid. Also, another thing? WHY did GL feel the need to put JABBA int it??? why??? we ALL know it was Tatooine. arg. It totally clashes with the books and that annoys me. Oh, well. He's GL.

ANH
    Well, Just because I put this last doesn't mean I don't like it. I just like all the others more. I like obi-wan, but i guess all the characters just seem superficial to me in this movie. And Luke is kinda whiny. :) I like it better later, when they are all so closely bound together in friendship and stuff.

19. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    ok what about favorite actors. here is my list. i'm ranking all of the lead characters from all teh sw movies from worst-to-best. Just so you know...i'm not counting Actors who didn't speak (ie-peter mayhew, Kenny baker...)i'm also not counting actor's that only appeared once.

absolute worst actor in all 5 of the movies is Jake Lloyd. i alomst feel bad cuz i'm bashing a kid but now that i think about it he's not much younger than me. if Lucas had waited a few more years i would have oppted to put my nephew as anakin.

second worst is Ahmed Best. I put him ahead of Jake cuz personally i found him a bit funny. most of it was over the top, but anything is better than anakin's 'WHOOPIE'. besides Best didn't just act, he had to do all of the body language also.

next is Anthony daniels. if you like his acting, i'm sorry. i just can't stand what a big whinner C-3PO is.

It's prolly cuz his character is such a slime ball but personally Ian McDermont is not one of my favorite actors. it's hard to imagine Queen Amidala would belive any of his lies.

Ok, so he's hot...scratch that, he's drop dead gorgeous! but Hayden Christensen can't act for shiz. i'm sure he's perfectly capable of being one of the best actors around but he's gonna have to practice hard cuz life is to short for him to go at this non-cholant (sp?).

When it comes to Vader, Christensen doesn't even come close to the Master of evil...James Earl Jones. He used to scare me so bad when i was little that i was actully happy when vader died. btw-i don't do that now...i usually cry now.

Mace Windu was and is one of my favorite characters simply because lucas casted Samuel L. Jackson. He's not at the top of my list because, well, he had some pretty cheezey lines. but he did bring a air of cool to the movies that was definately needed.

Carrie Fisher is an ok actress. the only reason i say that is because she plays off Harrison Ford so well. however, in other movies i've seen her in, she did have that same presence.

Speaking of one hit wonders, Mark Hammil just barely edged out Carrie Fisher. He's a good actor. Definately above average. i love the way Luke transforms from a boy in ANH to a wisened master in RotJ. not to mention he wasn't to bad on the eyes either.*Partridge Family flashback*

No matter what anyone says Liam Neeson was not miss cast. i think he's a terrific actor. it's difficult to be such a big man an to try and be a graceful fighter, but he did it. in my book that's at least a B+.

Now when it comes to comedy i'd have to go with my next pick. he also is my pick for best Kick butt character and the best...well...everything! Frank Oz is absolutely wonderful. he's an exellent entertainer even when he's miss piggy.

So he didn't get a lot of screen time! big deal. Sir Alec Guiness has always been one of my favorite actors. he's got that look of a wise old sage but still retains just enough of that childish humor an charm to make me want him as my grandpa.

When it comes to tear tuggers nothing beats Pernilla August's 'Don't look back'. i was crying for my mommy after that scene. BTW- she dies very convincingly. that was another tear tugger, but i'm running out of kleenex.

Lando Calrissian is as suave and you can get. he a cool fast talker with a way with the ladies. So who better to bring that character to life than Billy Dee Williams.

OK...so there is one catagorie where yoda dosen't fit in. and that is the most timelessly beautiful. in real life Natalie Portman is actually very plain looking. but i was so evious of her when she was Queen and Senator. she is elegant no matter what role she's playing, even a Pregnant teen...okay maybe not a pregnant teen, but she still makes all of her roles beleivable and unforgetable.

Ewan Mcgregor on the other hand is prolly the most forget able actor ever. not because he's bad, but rather it's like he transforms himself into a completely different person. Now

20. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    We should have a voting/awards thread!!! Like they do in other threads.

example:

AOTC awards by Adam Bertocci

TPM Awards by Adam Bertocci and Jedi Light

What do you guys think? I'd be more than willing to "host" one, but i'like others opinions on what exactly to vote on. LIke all the movies? Or one at a time. Or PT vs OT, etc. We could choose, and then nominate catagories and then have a posted vote count, etc. I like awards threads :p

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Hey Zhi-Don, Padme in her Geonosis outfit (after it's been swiped off at the midrif) runs a close second to Slave Leia :)

22. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Too bad we won't be seeing Padme in a slave bikini for Episode III. Now that would be a dream! It'll never happen but oh well.

23. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    yeah...youre right...2nd place to the slave outfit...but 1st place in ruined outfits...2nd place there goes to leia again...after the trash compactor...dirty, wet and sexy

24. Sianna_Klynn

Sianna_Klynn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2001
    *gasps* All this talk of the slave bikini! Shame on you! *giggle*

Anyway...Speaking of hot men...sure Hayden and Ewan are goreous...but Harrison Ford! Think Han Solo in that smugglers garb and that grin! Whew...that grin...*dazes for a moment, then blinks, wipes drool from chin, grins*

Alrighty then...as I was saying...*kind of just wanders off*

25. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Right on, Zhi-Don! You are a man of discerning tastes...
    Anyone else think that Aayla Secura is one babe-a-licious Jedi paduwan? Every time I see AOTC, I watch for all her scenes. Seeing the Jedi and Yoda in action was just soooooo fantastic! (and my daughter enjoyed the female Jedi wielding light-sabres too).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.