main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW What is you favourite TV series?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarkSide_Apprentice, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    I've got to go with Tony and the gang.

1)Sopranos
    2)Gundam Wing
    3)Pokemon
    4)Cardcaptors

2. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Mulligrubs.

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Simpsons, Seinfeld, Family Guy.

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    It's weird, I don't watch the Sopranos on TV. I sorta got mixed up a bit at the beginning of the last season, so I decided I'd just wait it out for the DVDs which I own the first two series of. It's better to watch them an episode a day for a couple of weeks too.

Stuff I really watch on TV is Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle and a heap of sport.

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    The Simpsons
    Buffy
    Angel
    Blackadder (old, I know, but I love it)

They're the only ones I go out of my way to watch. Everything else is just 'Hmm...I'm watching TV...what's the best thing on right now...'

6. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I would have to say....
    1. Dragonball Z
    2. Red Dwarf
    3. Anything with the original D-Generation guys
    4.Anything that ISN'T sport

BoNg On! :cool:

7. miss Sidious

miss Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 1999
  8. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I just like watching ads !! Most of the time, I just turn the volume down until the ads come on.

9. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I hate ads. I tune out when they come on

Shows I can't miss are:
    * Buffy
    * Angel
    * Friends
    * Survivor
    * Ed
    * Russell Coight (when it was on)
    * X-Files

The Simpsons used to be on that list (back when they used to be funny)

10. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Awwww.. come on Stinky! The Simps had a couple of bad years, but they've actually picked it up the last two series. Still not as good as it once was, but a hell of a lot better than most stuff out there.

What did you think of Oz Survivor? I was surprised it wasn't as tacky as I thought it would be. The challenge was a good one too. Even though it didn't work. And they dropped the ole four letter word which surprised me. I must question the locality of it all though. It's freezing there. Not exactly bikini weather!

:)

11. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Oz Survivor reminded me more of Ch7's Treasure Island show they had on a couple of years back. Without the annoying voiceover, of course.

I'm glad Lucinda went (what a whinger and a PITA). And Jane is hot.

12. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    man, it was funny how they couldn't unfold the shovel...

neways...

my faves

1. secret life of us
    2. everybody loves raymond
    3. malcolm in the middle

these are the only ones i watch regularly, so i can't give you 4 and 5

13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    There really are quite a number of quality shows on Australian tv atm. With the big swing away from reality game shows and lifestyle/DIY just beginning, the drama and the comedy are two tried and tested formats that are going to come out on top by the end of this year.

Expect to see Australian Survivor flop hard and be an utter embarrassment for Ch9 and Ch7 plug the hell out of their drama's (Blue Heelers/All Saints/Always Greener) to cover for their risky new lifestyle shows (Auction Sqaud? WTF? ?[face_plain] )

My favourite show ever was The Late Show (D Generation.....not Letterman) on ABC but The Simpsons is always going to be a mainstay with me. Pizza on SBS is quality (well....quality scripts if not production) Rove on Ch10 is arguably Ch10's bigget potential goldmine...anyone notice how many A-list stars they managed to snag last year? Good booking agent there........ :eek:

Drama-wise, Ed on Ch10 is decent enough to watch repeatedly, as is The Secret life Of Us. Buffy is going to be bigger than ever on Ch7 in that unbeatable "cult hit" timeslot (NB: as soon as something is put to air later than it usually would be, it attains the "cult hit" status ;) ) and The Soprano's......staggeringly good show but it's hard to see where the writers are gonna take it this year. Part of the attraction, I would think.

In conclusion: I don't know why people bemoan Australian television programming. There's heaps of good stuff around. My only gripe would be more local drama/comedy production......so I could get a bloody job on one! ;)

14. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Hell yes Bong, DBZ's the best.
    after Dragon Ball Z, i'd have to go Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Batman of the Future.

15. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Sopranos should still be excellent though.

I can't believe the guy who plays 'Tony Soprano' didn't win the award before!

Seinfeld was pretty good and Aussie Survivor seems pretty god so far.

I think Dragon Ball Z is pretty good, however it does get a bit psycho sometimes.
    Russel Coight's was pretty funny what I saw from it. :)

16. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Why is everyone making us THINK all of a sudden!!!????

I DUNNAE THINK SHE CAN TAKE IT CAP'N!!!!!!

Hmmmph.

* BlackAdder. Enough said.
    * Millenium. The End Is Near. And I Feel Fine!
    * Addams Family. What's sadder - that I like the show, or I think Morticia is a hottie? Woof woof!! (But then, hasn't she let herself go since? *shudder*)
    * Twin Peaks. Weirdness doesn't get any groovier. I killed Laura Palmer! (I had one of those badges, btw).
    * Picket Fences. I can't think of any other show where major characters get killed off without warning and on a regular basis. You never knew who would survive each episode.
    * Lexx!!!! First off, it's a good SF show. And then there's Xev... mmmmmmmmm .... *drools* (Can you see an emerging pattern in my preferences?)
    * The Maxx. MTv cartoon based on the ultragroovy comic (Anyone got issue #1?!?). If you haven't seen it, well, go see it!
    * *mumble* Ally McBeal *mumble*
    * Frasier. Too much said.
    * Saturday Morning cartoons. Especially Peppy Le Peeuw (my hero!), Marvin the Martian, Yosemite Sam, all the WB stuff, really.

Um, should I go on, or have I said too much?

I think so...

No, really! I am a fairly normal person!!!

17. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    What about Fawlty Towers? or Father Ted? Old, but still good :)

18. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    What's sadder - that I like the show, or I think Morticia is a hottie? Woof woof!! (But then, hasn't she let herself go since? *shudder*)

Well, yeah... but maybe that's because she's been DEAD FOR A COUPLE OF DECADES! :D

19. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Do you like the pommie shows Slavey?

20. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

* Fawlty Towers
    * Monty Python
    * In Sickness and In Health
    * Hippies!!!!!
    * Some Mothers Do Ave Em (Don't lie! You love watching it!)

21. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    In all truthfullness (sp?) TV is over-rated, especially when you have cable internet, or sleeping to do. I haven't really watched a real lot since I got back. A couple of DBZ episodes, the mini-series Blue Submarine Number 6 - which I thought was pretty cool, and I saw the Simpsons Halloween special that was on last wednesday.

And judging by the majority of responses, it looks like I'm not missing out on much. Still, let me see. Late Show by the D-Gen was killer. And Lexx.. um.. well.. Xev.... mmmm...

Huh? Oh? What was I saying...?

22. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The only thing I watch religiously is Aerobics Oz Style every morning while I have my breakfast. It's my daily workout ;)

23. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    I found Blue Submarine No.6 very hard to follow through and understand what's happening.

24. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    * Fawlty Towers
    * Monty Python

How could I forget these two? Add them to my list as well. :)

25. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

The Young Ones, anyone?

And if anyone mentions The Goodies, I will set a rabid guinea pig named Gerald on you!!

I mentioned it?

But -

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.