main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your all-time favorite scene in the Original Star Wars Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Attack_of_the_Ewoks, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandalorian_war

mandalorian_war Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2003
    when the rebels land on endor and c3po is talking to the ewoks. The Ewoks say, in what is clearly basic (english) And i quote "This guys wise." "Yeah I know"

2. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    When Darth Vader chucked the Emperor into that reactor core while he was zapping Luke with Force lightning.

3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Anakin's defeat of Palpatine and the dark side. Doesn't get much better than that.

EDIT: *looks back a few pages* It appears I've already posted in this thread. :p Ah well...

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh there are so many!

The binary sunset is wonderful!
    The "I am your father" is chilling!
    The last part of the ROTJ duel- with the haunting music! The dialogue following is great aswell "You've failed your highness! I am Jedi, like my father before me!" - who said Mark Hamill can't act??
    But my favorite is probably the end of RotJ. From the point where Vader kills the Emperor until the end credits! The funeral-scene is so sad, so... tragic! And yet so powerful! And the celebration in the end, where all the characters reunite and are happy! And when Luke sees the Jedi ghosts - very moving!
    I'm not ashamed to say that I've actually cried more than once when seeing this scene! To see how thay all are happy, that the war is finally over!

Man, I got to go and watch ROTJ! :)

5. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    The end of Jedi is amazing. The lightsaber duel has so much emotion- by far my favorite. In ANH itd definately be the Binary Sunset- the music is great and so is the look on Luke's face...

6. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Darth Vader entering the rebels' blockade runner. Best entrance for a villain in film history. Music spot-on.

7. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    The binary sunset is my favorite.

A close second is the scene in Ben's dwelling on Tatooine.

8. Joeda

Joeda Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2002
    Can't believe no ones hit it yet! THE best scene in all of SW. Yeah, the pretty sunset with its music is nice, and fcourse we all love everything about the ESB duel and the surrounding moments and there are several touching character scenes. But SW isn't about artistic cinematic brilliance or wonderful acting, its about entertainment in pure form. And the most entertaining moment in movies is.....

Darth Vader: Appolgy accepted...

hahahahahahahaha... i love it.

Ona side note, most SE additions annoyed me (HAN shot first dammit... and just a pit was cooler than a big ol' worm, we already saw that in ESB... Ill shut iup now), but the extended celebration in RotJ with the new music was fantastic, and pulling down the statue on Cor. was awesome and I thought, what a powerful statement, then we saw the same footage only in real life in iraq... i was like... cool.

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think the redemption scene is my favorite, because that's when the entire saga comes together. Anakin Skywalker returns and destroys the Emperor, thereby fulfilling the prophecy.

The Falcon's escape from the Death Star is another favorite, as is the Carbon Freeze sequence, which shows Vader at his most evil.

10. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    Without a doubt it has to be Vader fulfilling the prophecy and saving Luke. Watching Vader look back and forth between Luke and the Emperor and finally taking the right path is my all time favourite scene.

11. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    In my opinion, the best scenes in the OT:
    ANH: When the Falcon escapes the Death Star, and the TIE Fighters are in close persuit. (looks like a space version of WW2 fighters attacking a bomber)
    ESB: The part of the duel where Vader throws all those objects at Luke, (Shows how powerful Vader is)
    ROTJ: The last part of the duel, where Luke attacks Vader after hiding (That backround music is incredible)

12. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    IMO

The freezing of Han in carbonite in Bespin

Just awesome!!

13. Darth_Tate

Darth_Tate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2003
    The part where Luke takes off Vader's helmet, where father and son met face to face for the first time. It was just so sad seeing Anakin die, especially after watching TPM and AOTC. He wasn't born a monster, he was made one by so much emotional pain and suffering. I couldn't help buy feel happy for Luke , because all his life he wanted to see his father and he finally did even if it was for a brief moment.

14. Leia_Fanatic

Leia_Fanatic Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    "I love you." - Leia, ESB

I pretend she's saying it to me [face_blush]

15. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    my favorite scene is the one that starts at the beginning of ANH and ends at the end of RotJ :) .. in other words... i couldnt possibly choose a favorite

16. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    "How we doin?"
    "Same as always"
    "That bad, huh?"

That entire scene from Jedi is my favorite.

17. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Esperanza_Nueva said:

My favorite scene is the one that starts at the beginning of ANH and ends at the end of RotJ ....

I wholeheartedly concur! How could I possibly choose just one??

18. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Can't pick just one.

Top three:

1. Vader/Anakin throwing the Emperor down the reactor shaft, up through Vader's death scene.

2. The very last ROTJ scene in which Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda are looking out at Luke.

3. The "I am your father" scene.

19. MELKOR-MORGOTH

MELKOR-MORGOTH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    My favourite scene in the Classic Trilogy was when the ewoks captured Han, Luke, Chewie, 3PO, and R2.

"Then why don't you use your divine influence and get us out of this?"

"I beg your pardon, General Solo, but that just wouldn't be propper."

"Propper?"

"It's against my programing to impersonate a deity."

20. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    when luke was dangling from the bottom of cloud city, and called out to leia. also, the scenes in which the falcon escapes from bespin, during which vader telepathically contacts luke.

classic.

21. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    The scene I love is in RotJ when they are in the Imperial Shuttle and Han and Chewie are talking about keeping their distance from the SSD. "Fly Casual" is my favorite line, I love the scene beecause of it.

~Priestess

22. KolKotha

KolKotha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    I have a fondness for the scene on Bespin where Vader is waiting at the dinner table for his guests. He shrugs off a laser bolt and sucks Hans blaster away.
    Class.

23. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    My little top 3:

--ROTJ, the moment Vader pushes Luke over the edge with mentioning Leia.
    Luke's "nooo!" and his attack combined with that spooky music...love it!
    The entire end of ROTJ is great, Anakin saving Luke, you can really feel the conflict, and Anakin revealing himself to Luke was moving, just as the funeral -pyre scene. I also love the SE ending with all those planet celebrating the destruction of the Empire. The music is cool too.
    The greatest moment is when OB1, Anakin and Yoda appear in front of Luke, smiling at him.
    It's just...*can't explain*

--ESB: Yoda explaining the Force to Luke:"Its energy surrounds us...binds us. you must feel the Force around you..." and so on. I don't know why I like that scene so much. Maybe it's because I like all of Yoda's scene in every movie.

-- ESB: Han being frozen. This is one of the best acted scenes in the saga. Take a good look at Leia's expression. You can really feel she is in pain. I love the scene just because of Carrie's acting. [face_love]

24. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    The final duel between Darth Vader and Luke and when Anakin looks at Luke then the Emperor and Luke and the Emperor and picks up the Emperor. I think they should have had Anakin look back and forth a few more times though!

25. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Vader vs Luke in ESB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.