main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your all-time favorite scene in the Original Star Wars Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Attack_of_the_Ewoks, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Very hard to narrow it down, but I'll say it's the attack on the Death Star at the end of ANH, always thought it was a great battle, especially when Han joins in at the last minute. "Yahoooooo!!"

...plus an honourable mention must of course go to Leia in the metal bikini, not hard to work out why... ;)

2. Boba_Fett_tbh

Boba_Fett_tbh Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    I think that there are few scenes that are the best and have the greatest dose of magic:
    1) Battle for Yavin 4
    2) Bounty hunters meeting on a Imperial Destroyer, and a very short conversation between Vader and Boba durring this meeting.
    3) Duel between Vader and his sohn in ROTJ
    4) The last scene from ROTJ, when Luke sees his father, Obi & Yoda.

3. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    For some reason I always really enjoy Luke and Leia swinging over the cavern on the first Death Star in ANH. Pefect "swashbuckling" feeling to the movie. :D

4. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I can't pick just one scene from the trilogy. Hell, I can't pick just one from the individual movies.

Anyway... though I'm sure these have all been mentioned already...

ANH

-Luke watching the twin sunset at the beginning. It's simply beautiful

-Obi-Wan/Vader duel. It's awesome. From my geeky kendo lover side, it's the most technically correct fight from all the movies. And the emotional impact of the scene is even greater since the PT (one of the few good things to come out of it ;)).

ESB

- The ground battle on Hoth. seeing those walkers for the first time takes my breath away. And my pro-empire side likes the fact that they won. I also love the WWI influences of that battle.

- The cave. One of the most powerful and chilling scenes I've ever seen in any movie.

-Han's sacrifice.

-Vader's revelation to Luke

ROTJ

- The space battle at the end. In the immortal words of Neo, "Whoa." [face_shocked]

- After Luke beats Vader, looks at his hand, looks at his own, and tosses away his lightsaber. I absolutely love this scene, as well as the fight leading up to it. And while I can't pick any one scene I like the most, I can pick one line. Of all the dialogue in the OT (or PT for that matter), my absolute favorite comes from this scene. "You've failed, your highness."

God, I think I'm going to watch the OT tonight. 8-}

[face_devil] Eva_Pilot04,
    Twice the insanity...

5. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Mine is when Vader and Luke are dueling and Vader suprises Luke and almost cuts his head off.

6. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    This is of course impossible to answer, as there are so many great scenes and favorites change all the time.

Right now, though...it's gotta be...

LUKE: "Leia...hear me. Leia.."

(Music swells, we go to the Millenium F)

LEIA: "Luke...Chewie, we gotta go back.. I know where Luke is."

7. --Leia--

--Leia-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    The Death Star trench run in ANH. It's so hard to choose but I usually keep my eyes glued to the screen during that 10 minute or so action sequence.

8. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Too many to list really, but any scene with:

Han aboard the Death Star in ANH (some very funny lines)

Yoda at any time in the OT (especially his transition from zany swamp dweller to wise Jedi Master)

The Emperor in RotJ (the most arrogant, s, evil looking and sounding movie villain ever. 'Oh, I'm afraid the death star will be fully operational when your friends arrive...' Now THAT'S how to deliver a line!)

9. Boba_Fett_tbh

Boba_Fett_tbh Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    I've forgotten that there's one more scene that I really love. It is that scene, when Luke saves his friends (in the begining of ROTJ) on Tatooine planet.

10. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I just get this good feeling whenever I see a Y-wing, specially at the Battle of Yavin! I just can't explain it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.