What is your battle plan for getting tickets to the first showing?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ObiMcD, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
    Just wondering how you were planning on guaranteeing yourself tix to the very first showing of AOTC.
  2. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm hoping that SW comes to the theater in Ft. Collins that sells tickets off the internet. If not, I'll probably have to wait a couple days after its release to see it. *Shrugs* I guess we'll find out soon enough...
  3. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    my plan involves a jacket some books and a lawn chair.
  4. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    My plan involves that I wait for the lines to die down. Or, I can get a ride with one of you guys to the movie. My parents don't like seeing a movie the first day, first week, or first month that it came out.
  5. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    bumer bravo you can chill with me if you want. my wife can come pick you up shes not a psycho like me.
  6. LaraCroft1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am a student down in Waco, part of the fan force here, but I live in Denver. Just wondering if you all are gonna line up together as a force or just individually. I saw EP1 at the continental on the giant screen and I would like to go there again. If anyone has other plans I would love to crash in!! Drop me a line here or at the waco fanforce.

Thnx
  7. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    My intention is to hit the Net sales as soon as they open for the midnight showing on the 15May debut....I'm not even going to try for the 12May Kempe gig showing since those tiks are ~$300.
  8. mirax_T Jedi Knight

star 2
    my plan is to get tickets through the net for the midnight showing, if the theater isn't selling that way, than it looks like i'll be camping out
  9. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
    The only problem is that a lot of movie theatres banned camping out following Episode I.
  10. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the internet has given us so much but has taken as much.

11. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
  12. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    why stand out in a line and hang out doing nothing when you can sit in your warm chair drinking some tea . why go hunt down new toys at every wal mart target and toys Rus when we got ebay .
  13. JediSedai Jedi Padawan

Because, Chunk, it's TRADITION. The Continental is the place to be. You bet I'm gonna be camping out for the movie. Remember, THIS IS STAR WARS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! I wouldn't find myself anywhere else this May (except Indianapolis, of course). As far as going out to find a toy, it's the thrill of the hunt. What thrill is it to merely click on a mouse button compared to actually seeing the product itself right before your very eyes after days, weeks, or months of hoping to find it? Unparalelled, I tell you.
  14. JediSedai Jedi Padawan

P.S.

I camped out five years ago to witness the awesome unveiling of the ROTJ SE at the Continental. Five years ago today it was seen! Take cue from the guys in Seattle. Show your devotion. Camp out.
  15. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Well said...yes, I'll be camped for at least three days.
  16. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
    One question is, will you be ABLE to camp out at those theaters? As I previously stated, many theaters banned camping out following Episode I.
  17. darth-jar Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if the Continental allows us to camp, then I am there. They did not sell TPM tickets on the internet for this theater. If they do, then that will be my option, but I do love the whole camping experience. I want a camcorder to record this type of event that most people don't ever see. Will be fun....again.
  18. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ok I was being a smartARSE ^^^^^ I hate the fact the computer has made us so lazy. I will be at whatever theater I have to be to stand in line for them count me in kit I bring the habachi & the trivia game... to bad the cats gotta my maul chair I knew I should have gotten fish insted.
  19. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I will realistically be lining up as soon as the Kempe event is done, and I can get everything together.
  20. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will be manning the post too hopfully I will have to leave to go to work but if not count me in for the whole deal too KIT.
  21. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I will be ordering tickets off the net. And so far my carpool number has grown by three. :) That's a total of six bums so far! Including myself. And SD if he wanted to hitch a ride. I don't know if FP want's to come too tho. I have one extra seat.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.