main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite character

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by darthmaul3162, Apr 2, 2004.

?

What is your favorite character

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Luke Skywalker

11.1%
  2. Darth Maul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mara Jade Skywalker

5.6%
  4. Obi-wan Kenobi

11.1%
  5. Darth Vader

38.9%
  6. Leia Organa Solo

22.2%
  7. Darth Sidious

5.6%
  8. Mace Windu

5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmaul3162

darthmaul3162 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
  2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    <<< notice the icon!

I've always been a Luke Skywalker fan! I was Luke Skywalker for Halloween one year, I collected all of the Luke Skywalker action figures (both vintage and current), and I even had the Luke Skywalker underoos! :D

EDIT: We had a thread like this not too long ago...but no worries, it's cool! In the future, check the first couple pages of threads before starting something like this. Good thing is that we keep having fun conversations like this (and on the website boards), mixed with FF business.

3. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I voted for Mace Windu- I'm a Samuel L. Jackson fan. Unfortunately, you left out Han Solo.. I would have voted for him instead!

4. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    Vader forever man, but as a seperate entity from Anakin...his wining drives me nuts. Blah blah blah I'm better than Obi Wan...blah bla blah he's like a father to me...:p

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Always had a bit of a thing for the Dark Side. Love vader, so that's who I voted for.

6. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Darth Vader, Darth Lord of the Sith

7. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    Darth Vader......

8. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Darth Vader is awesome. Anakin Skywalker is annoying the way Lucas wrote him, but the rewrite Liz, Lauren and I have going has a much more likeable Anakin. Inspired, of course, by our extreme dislike for Anakin and our love for Vader.

9. jcsgirl4ever

jcsgirl4ever Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    I have to go with Leia because she displays women so well.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, but do you guys like Darth Vader for "dark lord of the sith" or because of Anakin Skywalker "gone bad...later redeems himself"? Personally, I think the prequels may make Darth Vader into more of a sympathetic character, because we'll have seen what coulda been and know that he lost so much of his life...by choosing the dark side.

11. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Vader, because I'm actually more a fan of Anakin's when he's still a Jedi and you can see all that's going on in his head and how he's progressing towards the Dark Side.

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Since there are only two women and Leia is the only one I have really SEEN in a movie I had to go with Leia...not to mention she is the one I am making a costume of :D .

13. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I have to go with Leia because she displays women so well.

I'm going to have to agree with Debbie. Girls need strong women role models and she's one of the best (besides Buffy :D).

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm going to have to agree with Debbie.

I took a screen grab of that comment just so you can't deny it later.

And I voted for Vader. He's just cool.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I went with Obi-Wan. Despite his limited roles in Episodes V & VI he really did have a huge part to play in the return of the freedom in the galaxy. He really seems to take a lot of flak for letting Anakin fall to the Dark Side but the JC could have put Anakin under Master Yoda's watchfull eye at any time.

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alot of people like to blame Obi-Wan for Anakin falling to the dark side, but really if Anakin was the key to bring balance to the Force...then it HAD to happen. Just as Luke HAD to confront Darth Vader again...it makes the story (as we're finally witnessing in prequels) all tied together.

17. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Mara, of course. ;)
    No. She's not in the movies. But she is a very strong woman character and I love how she compliments Luke so well. And the force meld between them in VotF *happy sigh*

I agree that Obi-Wan can't really take all the blame for the fall of Anakin. It's interesting reading the Jedi Quest books--how Obi-Wan is pulled between so badly wanting a close, loving relationship between himself and Anakin as he and Qui Gon had, and wanting to be a good Master to his padawan.
    Who do you blame?
    Qui-Gon for laying such a heavy burden on Obi-Wan?
    Obi-Wan for accepting something that he likely was not ready for?
    The counsil for allowing it or at least from not giving Obi-Wan enough help with this very powerful and unusual boy?
    How about Anakin for not listening to all the things that his Master was trying to instill in him--for always following his own will (which was proven wrong time and time again in the Jedi Quest books) instead of what was for the good of the order and the Republic?
    There is a lot of blame to go around.
    But, as Geoff stated, things had to unfold the way that they did in order for balance to be restored.

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Actually, even Anakin himself blames Obi-Wan multiple times...

It's all Obi-Wan's fault

Now Obi-Wan's failure is complete

19. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    I agree with all of your comments about Anikin, and it's obvious to see why it was done. And I also believe it was neccessary to portray him this way for the progression of the story...and I love watching his desent into the darkside, it's great. The slaughtering of the Sand People was classic and his angrily bum rushing Dooku was cool. But the fact still remains he and his son started out as whiny little b!tches.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It's all Obi-Wan's fault
    In the Lars garage scene, Anakin is lashing out at anyone and everything...because he was unable to save his mother. But even he realizes that it does not excuse his actions (murdering the Tuskens) and knows that what he is saying doesn't make sense:

"I'm a jedi...I know I am better then this"

And as for the comment he (Vader) makes in ANH, it would seem that his assesment of Obi-Wan's "failure" was far from accurate, since in the end Anakin casts out his darker side, to save the life of his own son. Anakin let his anger and arrogance ruin his life, and almost destroyed the galaxy in the process.

Like alot of people, he needed to be "waiting for the wheel"

21. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Other: Mitth'raw'nuruodo. [face_devil]

22. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    But even he realizes that it does not excuse his actions (murdering the Tuskens) and knows that what he is saying doesn't make sense
    I don't agree. He knows what he should and shouldn't be doing according to the Jedi Codes/Rules. He does that all through the Jedi Quest books.
    The problem is that he doesn't feel them in his heart.
    Maybe it's because he wasn't brought up in the temple and basically brainwashed (for lack of a better term) from the time that he was a youngling.
    Maybe it's because of his unusual stength in the Force--it overwhelms what he "knows" should be true.
    Maybe it's an inherent flaw in his character. There have been several Jedi brought up in the temple that turned. ;)

23. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    See, I'm probably going to get flogged for this, but I choose to accept some of the accounts ritten in books and comics and reject probably most. My reasoning is yeah Lucas is supposed to O.K. these stories, but I'm sure he doesn't have the time to read them all and thats probably where he has one of his lackies doing his "homework" for him. He is the supreme creator of the SW universe...it exists in his mind and he was kind enough to share it...and make a bundle in the process. There are just someauthors who tend to screw things up. Sometimes I read things and think...Han wouldn't do or say that. Half of the stuff written about the EU had to be rewriten or have some sort of spin placed on it due to the prequels...example: Owen and Buru were explained by some author way back when as Obi Won's relatives...

24. LukeSkiwalker

LukeSkiwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2004
    Well it would have to be Luke, being the best and all.

25. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Owen and Buru were explained by some author way back when as Obi Won's relatives...

Yeah, in the original novelization of A New Hope, which Lucas put his name on, even though it's well known fact that it was ghostwritten by Alan Dean Foster. This was back in the day, before Lucas was too busy to do his homework.

The problem my friends and I have with the prequels is that they try to interconnect waaaay too much. That and they ignore some pretty obvious things established in the books (and I'm this huge novel nerd). I've ranted a billion times about things he could have done, but the best illustration is how, in three days, Lauren, Liz and I wrote three entirely new storylines for the prequels, and they don't contradict anything. And this is during winter term theatre, when my friends all had either 6 or 8 hours of rehearsal every day, plus we had to prepare dinner for who knows how many people, and had to deal with a fairly major injury on top of that.

Not that that was way off-topic or anything. :) We just pulled the scripts out to work on once more today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.