main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your Favorite Cologne/Perfume?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am bored so I thought I would find out a little bit more about my favorite star wars geeks=)

LOL

I was wondering what is your favorite perfume/cologne to wear? What is your favorite on others?

Let's see

On Me it depends on my mood but.
    Vanilla Lace by Victoria's Secret
    Nag Champa

On Others
    Obsession
    and this one I can't remember thename of but makes me weak at the knees

lol

So, how about you?

This thread is considered Spam as it discusses a topic that can be considered unneccisary. A better topic could have been a getting to know you thread that deals with many interestes of a member.

2. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    well, this is a good thing to talk about...being a girl and all.

ok my favorite perfumes come from bath and body...they had a line called gingham, i loved it. they discontined that.

then they had one called love and beauty, i think, i still have some of it and always get compliments when i wear it...but they discontinued that one was well.

so i guess i would i have to say clinque happy. it's fresh and happy. just like me. ha ha

how is that for an answer. :)

3. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

GREAT ANSWER

what do you like on others?

4. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    well becca,
    since this is a two person posting. :) ha ha

actually i am allegric to CK 1 and what is that other one...there are a few that i am allergic to...which is funny.

i was just thinking. i don't even have any 'happy' i am waiting for the Bath & body stuff to run out...which i am using very sparingly.

5. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    i wear very sexy by victoria's secret

it smells pretty

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Drakkar Noir cologne, when I wear cologne (not often).

7. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I like B.O.

There is nothing quite like B.O.

I smells great!!

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I find most smells a little offensive.

And the 3 or 4 that I don't, I find rather distracting and have to stay away from them. :eek:

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ooooh

that one that Obi_Wannabe said is the one that makes me weak at the knees

I think

10. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    wait

I probably shouldn't have posted that

man

I am in trouble now

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, Drakkar is what I would wear on the few very rare occasions that I ever wear cologne. It makes me wonder if guys do even wear the stuff. [face_laugh] I guess I don't go around smelling guys that often. :p

It's been so long since I wore it, I even wonder if I still have some....

I'm not sure about women's perfumes (as in what I like to smell on them). I'd say any, as long as it is lightly done. They're nothing worse than getting in an elevator after Ms. Heavyweight bathed in whatever the perfume du jour is. Blegh. :(

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    It seems like the women over 50 who go to hobby lobby put it on by the bucket. I feel like telling them " the damn bottle is for more than one use!!"

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    See, that's what's up with girls. They always try to smell like flowers and stuff, and that's what makes us run away the fastest.

I likes the food-like smells.

The Bath & Bodyworks "Cucumber Breeze" wasn't too bad, either, but it was more of a nice, tolerable smell, rather than something that'd make me go [beavis]"Heh...heh heh...hm...heh...hey baby, howzitgoin'?"[/beavis]

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I do like the Hawaii type of smells. White Ginger, and other tropical flowers are always nice.

Rose is bad, though. I had an ex g-f that always wore rose smelling perfume. It doesn't bring back great memories. [face_plain]

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And perfume's usually too caustic to my nose anyway -- it's the mild smelling stuff like certain lotions that get me. But I've taken great pains to never learn the names of those lotions, hence the knowledge would be deadly if it fell into the wrong hands.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ew. Rose stuff.

Have you heard that song...I forget who sings it, but it's on Magic all the time -- "Roses Smell Like Poo Poo"... :D

Aquanet hairspray does that for me, too. If I smell one certain flavor, it fills me with much dread and fear.

18. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I do love vanilla perfume. something about it.

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    It's a food smell. :D

But some vanillas are more deadly than others.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    fresh from CNN

(CNN) -- A liquid substance that forced authorities to shut down the Fort Wayne International Airport in Fort Wayne, Indiana, for several hours Wednesday has been determined to be a component used to make perfume, a fire department official said.

The airport reopened to incoming flights around 1:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. ET), a spokesman for the airport's public safety department told CNN.

American Air Lines spokeswoman Lisa Bailey said the liquid spilled from a broken bottle in a package on American's Flight 4271 from Chicago's O'Hare airport.

"'Haz-mat' has told us that there is no biological or chemical threat," Bailey said.

Bob Amber, a spokesman for the Fort Wayne Fire Department, said testing showed that the liquid was a perfume ingredient.

"But at such a strong concentration, there was a very strong aroma," he told CNN in a phone interview.

Airport authority director Tory Richardson said six people had become sick because of the spill, two of them paramedics and four airport employees.

Bailey and Richardson said the FBI has taken over the investigation and told them that the man who owned the bag -- who was not on the flight -- is cooperating.

Bailey said the man had changed his booking to a Wednesday morning flight to Fort Wayne, but his bags had already been cleared and stayed on the earlier flight. She had no information about why he made the change, but told CNN that the Tuesday night flight had originally been scheduled to depart Chicago about 8:30 p.m. but did not leave until after 1 a.m. and speculated that delay could have prompted the change.

Flight 4271 arrived at Fort Wayne at 1:53 a.m., and the 28 passengers and three crew members aboard the 50-seat, twin-engine Embraer ERJ-145 plane got off safely, not exposed to the liquid, Bailey said.

The spill was discovered by three of the airline's agents who checked the baggage claim area at the end of the evening.

"There were a couple of unclaimed bags," Bailey said, "and they pulled them into the baggage office." In one of the bags, "something had obviously leaked in the bag and it had an odd odor."

One of the agents opened the bag, she said, and found "a bottle that had been wrapped in bubble wrap" and became nauseous.

The agents called the airport hazardous materials team, and the airport was shut down for testing.

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Now THAT'S comedy.

22. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

that is too funny

lol

23. JuniperSky

JuniperSky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2003
    lol, figgures though.

Personaly I cannot even smell perfume in any form w/o becoming sick 'n junk. Kinda cuts down on the pep ya can hang w/.

24. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I have no favorites as I can't stand to go near any perfume counters. Way too overpowering for my sinuses. Lotions are much more tolerable.
    I can tell you what I hate--Musk! It smells like mold and mildew to me--YUCK!
    I can also tell you a funny little story.--My mother said she once spilled pickle juice on her blouse while eating lunch one day, then when she went back to work someone commented on what a nice perfume she was wearing and asked what it was. She told the woman it was "Eau de Pickel".
    So if you like food smell perfumes/colognes you could always dab a bit of pickle juice behind your ears. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.