main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon What is your favorite color?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Nov 14, 2002.

?

What is your favorite color?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Blue

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Red

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Yellow

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Orange

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Purple

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Black

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. White/Other

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
  2. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    There was nothing happening here, so I put up a useless, but interesting poll.

My favorite color is blue because it is the color of water and the sky and at times my mood.

I also like a lot of other colors like red, orange, green, black. I wear a lot of black, but I think it's a phase.

I also have favorite color pairs for different reasons, but I'll put that in another post for later.

-IJedi

3. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Navy Blue.

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Purple is awsome

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Everyone always says blue, it actually bores and annoys me so much, lol. I swear people were all born to say "Oh my favorite color is blue." It just gets incredibly boring to hear 9 out of 10 people say the same thing.

Blue is alright, wouldn't make my top list. Nothing wrong with liking it of course, I just bored of the lack of originality ;)

My favorite color is absolutely red, I always wear red polo shirts, I love my red/fire sunglasses, red is a great color. A chaotic color of fury and fire, power, it's wonderful. :)

Next would be black because, well, black just rules. It goes well with almost everything, it looks frickin' awesome (The Matrix, for instance, and ninja outfits, whatever, that sorta thing).

Third place and far behind would be green, which is a pretty nifty color, for some reason my third favorite, perhaps because certain green colors have a glow to them...

6. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Actually come to think of it I really like yellow. Yeah.

7. Raiden

Raiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    I like red... heh..
    -Raiden (thinks of little units with red templates... ahh... the memories...)

8. Amphibian

Amphibian Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    Camoflage... is that an option?

9. Fayre

Fayre Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Heh. I would have to say a light sea-blue because I live by the ocean and it's a nice color at sunset. :) Purple is up there too. A nice color. I guess I like any light colors.

10. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Bowen, I've thought about how unoriginal the color blue is before. I examined the other colors and found that when they were paired with somthing else then I liked them. And blue was the only true color that I liked as a stand alone, black not on the color wheel. Pink is my most hated color for what it represents, and just how it looks.

My favorite color pairs:

Anything with black (except pink): Black with blue, black with orange - school colors, black with red, black with green
    Blue and Red - Thrawn's coloring.

I also enjoy silver. It is so much better looking than gold. Black and Silver are cool.

Okay, I think that's all I have as for color prefences for now. ttyl

-IJedi

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I realize I may not convince anyone who doesn't already agree, but black and white are very much colors.

I think it's silly to argue that they are not colors. I mean, come on, what makes them any different from any other color? White isn't the absence of color any more than red is the abscense of color. How do you know that everything wouldn't be red if there were no colors?

White and black, as perceived by our eyes, are just two different wavelengths in the light spectrum. Every other color has a distinct wavelength as well, so you can't argue that just because black has a different wavelength from red, which has a different wavelength from blue, that black is not a color! It is clearly a color, just as anything else is a color. Everything has a color. There's no such thing as any item or any perceivable anything that isn't a color.

If someone asks you what color your hair is, if it is black, you say, "It's black." You don't say, "Oh my hair is not a color, it's black." LOL! Of course black is a color. White isn't the absence of color, it's just the lightest possible color.

Everything has a color, that's my argument and I'm sticking with it. If it isn't a color, the burden of proof is on someone else to decide what it is, then, because if white isn't a color, then it's a what? A... texture? No. A feeling? No. A sensation? No. A taste? No. It's a color, lol. There's no other way to describe it.

That's like saying that pizza tastes like pizza, but that the taste of mint is not a taste. It's like, uhh what is it then?! lol

12. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I see how I worded it. I didn't mean to convey that I thought that black and white aren't colors. I was thinking of when people would ask fav colors and people would say black, then someone would say, "Black's not a color." It depends in what context that they say it in to decide if the statement is right or wrong. In fav colors it should be a false statement, but I am not one to argue about the color black, so I just keep it on the color wheel and chose blue.

Great argument though, Bowen. :D

-IJedi

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha, well I know what you mean.

It's actually a rather silly argument that isn't worth making even, LOL, but I still personally feel that white and black are colors, and I don't mind if someone else doesn't feel that way, it's just that I don't see what they ARE if they're NOT colors :) The eyes just perceive these images, these colors, as wavelengths on a spectrum, that is what creates a color, but objects in and of themselves don't really have "colors," they have characteristics that make light reflect off of them in specific ways so as to create the "color" eyes perceive...

14. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Mace Windu,unicorns,sunset,royalty,PRETTY!)
    Purple da bomb!
    14%,I'm disapointed!

15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I voted green, but I love black, too (I just realized, Kyp colors :) )

16. Rakima_55

Rakima_55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    Blue.

~R55~

17. Darth_Coolieo

Darth_Coolieo Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003
    Ok i dont know why more people didnt put blue on ther vote? if you ask me i think blue should be every body's favorite color because it comes natural.people see the sky every day meaning it should naturaly be a favorite color.well i suppose not everybody sees the sky every day photosensetive people cant see the sky every day becaus they have a highly dangerous alergy to the light so in other words they cant see blue sky. :D

18. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Portlanders don't see the sky every day, they usually see clouds. Green is more natural for Oregonians. Pine trees, grass, leaves...

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    No offense, but I really get annoyed with the vast majority of people just saying blue as their favorite color. It's like the total herd mentality. It's just so unoriginal and lame to say blue, but oh well.

Red rocks. ;)

20. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    I dunno what the thing about blue is either.

I think, technically, that white is a color and black is not. Black is the absence of color, whereas (it's hard to believe) white is every color in the spectrum combined.

I don't want to argue. It seems too trivial for that.

21. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha, whoa that is an interesting argument!

I have heard it the opposite way, that black is the presence of every color, white is the absense of every color.

You have a point, though. What happens when you cannot see anything, like in the darkness of space? It is black. That seems sort of like no colors, really, not all colors...

It's an interesting point, at least.

I personally think just the idea of saying "this is not a color" is incredibly idiotic, no offense to anyone intended. I just always thought that is funny. I mean, if someone says, "Gee what color shirt do you have on?" and you say, "White," are you wrong? Of course not. White IS a color, so is black. Red is just as much of a color as white or black or blue or purple. There's no such thing, in my opinion, of the idea of one color not being a "color." That's idiotic. Ok so what is white if it isn't a color? How am I supposed to describe the "color" of my walls? I guess I can't say they are white because white is not a color, so should I say, "Oh my walls have no color." Hell no, that is simply STUPID.

If someone asks me what color my computer is, it is black. I'm not going to say, "Oh no, you see, my computer has no color because it is black, so it is the presence of all colors, it really isn't a color." Umm, no. There is no argument that will ever convince me that white or black are not colors. I don't see any difference between black and red as colors. They're just two different colors, one is not more worthy than the other, lol.

22. DARTH-O

DARTH-O Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    I had to vote for black. Even though I seem to live in a closet full of the blues and greens of the northwest.

Lord Vader's ensemble.
    Black Monday, Black Cat, Black Plague, Black Flag, Blackjack, Blackballed, Blacklisting...

Black is just a powerful statement color.

Ok, that and it's slimming.

Happy Black History Month

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Mine is blue. On any given day, you can find me wearing at least one blue piece of clothing.

24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Black is tight, agreed. Black cars rule, black computers are awesome, black is the color of death and decay, darkness and destruction :)

Then red is the color of chaos and blood, haha.

Blue is too serene for me. My life is full of chaos and darkness, but in a good way mostly (haha, I mean hard work IS chaotic), so red and black are perfect.

Now if I lived in the forest like the Unibomber, maybe green would be my favorite color. Or maybe not. Because if I were the Unibomber then I'd probably still like black and red for the reasons mentioned, haha :)

25. Europa

Europa Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    My favorite color is yellow. I just painted the wall yellow in the living room a week ago and it's pretty nice.

By the way. I'm from Vancouver, Wa about 10 miles from Portland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.