Oregon What is your favorite color?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Nov 14, 2002.

?

What is your favorite color?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Blue 7 vote(s) 29.2%
Red 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Yellow 1 vote(s) 4.2%
Green 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Orange 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Purple 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Brown 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Pink 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Black 1 vote(s) 4.2%
White/Other 2 vote(s) 8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-O Jedi Padawan

Bowen, good point about "black cars rule". I just realized that I've 2 of the 6 cars I've owned have been Black. The others being dark grey and silver, kind of like my own imperial fleet. My Durango I have now is black. I never even thought of all the black things I own until you started listing cars, computers, etc. Dang near all of my shoes (easier to keep clean), my bass guitar, almost all of my coats....black. Back on a Star Wars theme...I even think Luke looked better in black than he did in his farmboy days. Ok, the orange flight suit was cool. Got me thinking though....how cool would Boba Fett have looked in an all black Mandalorian Battle Armor ensemble?
  2. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Heck yeah, Luke looks so cool in black! The confidence (supreme, really) that Luke exudes with that flowing black outfit in Return of the Jedi, that he throws aside in Jabba's Palace, is a perfect demonstration of his acceptance of his origins (as son of Darth Vader), but he also just looks dang cool in it.

White doesn't do anything for me. No offense to anyone intended if it is your favorite "color," but it is a submissive color in my mind. I have a few white polo shirts that I wear from time to time, but honestly I will only wear those on days where I feel like, "Ugg, this day sucks, I give up," haha. So if it's one of those days where I wake up tired and thinking the day's going to suck, I might put on white. If, however, I'm about to take a midterm or whatever else, gotta be red and black (the Tiger Woods "victory day" attire) or maybe ALL black if my mood is entirely business and my thoughts for the day focused and dark, hehe. :)

All black with black leather gloves, my black coat, and my black backpack looks tight. Especially with some Plasma Fire Oakley sunglasses, or maybe my Gold Oakley's (more of the luxurious, rich look), or perhaps even my Plasma Ice Oakley's for more of the cold look, haha.

I got it all down to a science. I even have about 15 different Sensa pens (at like $50 to $100 each) that match my wardrobe for the day. If I wear red, as often the case, then I have a pure red pen and a black and red pen. I have a Royal French Navy (blue and gold) pen that I can use for my blue polo shirts along with an aqua colored one, or a more generic ($100) metallic looking pen, or my copper looking one ($100) too, or maybe even if I wore a purple polo shirt (talk about rare; I'm not into the gay pride color, haha), I can use my Tokyo City Lights pen (purple with black), or for green shirts I have Emerald Oakley's (just got them last x-mas) and a forest green pen.

It's all perfectly set up now, haha :) Everything must be matched accordingly, wouldn't want someone to see me in the same pair of sunglasses two days in a row!!! Haha, j/k, but I have 8 pairs of Oakley's now, so my sunglass collection alone is, uhh, well above $2,000.
  3. waenlotien Jedi Padawan

yeah me, i picked purple
    LOL, i used to always say black, but my kids bugged me too much about it LOL, said it was the color of death. I would just smile and look at their dad LOL

so I have 2 choices really, black and purple
  4. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe.

What's wrong with it being the color of death? :)

When someone asks why I like red and black, I will say, "Because they are the colors of chaos, death, and destruction." Cool colors. I don't want sissy colors where I have to say, "Oh they are the colors of peace and tranquility." Ah that's no fun! ;)

Nah, I'm j/k. I see red and black as dominant colors, though. They are conquering, ambitious colors. Blue is a passive, submissive color, just as white is, lol, sorry for saying that if it bothers anyone. What does Tiger Woods wear on the last day of a tournament? That's right, red and black! ;)

Red is also the color that bulls charge, so that's why I see it as somewhat dominant and conquering. Black because darkness is enveloping and black is the presence of every color, people often say, and space, which is vast, is black. The night "conquers" the day, so to speak, so I don't think my reasons for saying that about black and red are purely subjective, but based on observations, anyway.

I don't see any real greatness in the color blue. It's bland, to me. It's nearly as boring as white. There is one type of blue I love, though, and that is turquoise. There is nothing more beautiful, for instance, than the somewhat shallow part of a Hawaiian ocean near the island, that awesome light blue, turquoise color. I love that! Normal blue is best with gold. I like the "French Navy" look, so to speak.
  5. jimsidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Bowen whats up bro??!!!
    Just to let ya know black, just like white and grey, is not a color but a void ;).
    I learned that in my art class LOL, my teacher chewed me for that once, man art teachers are usually always the coolest teachers in school(along with the shop teach)but man you get the guy cheesed off and watch out!!
    any ways purple would have to be mine as well.
  6. me_luky Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.