main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What is your favorite EU book that has gotten retconed

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There has been many books but what is your favorite that has been retconed in any way.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Well, first, I am not entirely sure what retcon means or nearly all the changes that have been made. I quit reading EU at Betrayal. Clarification, please? If I understand the question I'll answer it. :)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    They've done retcons? I just buy them when they come out and don't look back again. . .what changed?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Retcon means to change established facts about a piece of fiction and a example of a retcon is like how they made lots of Mandolore a nuclear desert in the clone wars and made them mostly piece loving people.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, RJ. :)

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or, on a smaller scale- some of the dates in, for example, Dark Force Rising, got retconned thanks to the prequels.

Not every retcon has to be big.

7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Or how Tahiri and Anakin's kiss didn't happen but in the future it did happen through Force/Flow Walking. [face_not_talking]

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    You mean like Maul is not dead? Palpatine had an apprentice as an apprentice? Or the fact that they removed several aliens from the Cantina scene that had already had mentions in books restating meetings from the movie?

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    RoTJ's extended versions of movie scenes also became a bit impossible thanks to the PT (Obi-Wan claiming Owen Lars was his brother, for example).

Though I'm OK with The Essential Atlas retconning ROTJ's "the catastrophe that destroyed the host planet of the Forest Moon" out of existence, after a lot of books portrayed the Gas Giant Endor as still existing.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I never had a problem with the catastrophe angle, I always figured the forest moon could of the been the moon of the moon of the gas giant. . .so. Yup.

11. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Well, I don't know if this qualifies, but this is the only one I can think of at the moment. In Ambush at Corellia, Luke muses how he and Leia were raised by people who weren't who they said they were - i.e. the Organas weren't her parents, and the Larses weren't his aunt and uncle, even though in AotC Owen Lars is introduced as Anakin's step-brother.

12. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    However, in the ANH novel, Obi-Wan says that Owen is his brother.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I am now seeing an interesting circle. . .
    [​IMG]

SWpants likes this.
  14. Aeternum

Aeternum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2015
    Matthew Stover's Traitor. One of the best pieces of Star Wars, period. After it was retconned to hell and Denning was finished raping its unrecognizable corpse, it's probably for the best that Disney nuked the whole EU mess from orbit.

adalmentia and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The NJO series with the books that came after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.