main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Indiana Jones theme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darth-Lutgerous, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I know that the Indiana Jones movies have great themes. What is your favorite? I know that Raiders March is always a memorable theme, but there are many others that are just as good.

My personal favorites are: - Marion's Theme
    - The Ark Trek (Ark Theme)
    - Slave Children's Crusade Theme
    - Penitent Man Will Pass (Grail Theme)

My overall favorite is the Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra Theme which is in The Last Crusade and is a nice, light theme. It fits the characteristics of the Joneses perfectly.

So, what is your favorite theme from Indiana Jones?

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    My favorite Indy theme by far is The Ark Theme. It perfectly captures the "wrath of God" nature of the Ark itself and is simultaneously beautiful and horrifying.

A close second is The Slave Children's Crusade.

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The Raiders theme

4. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I'm with WOS here, the Ark theme is the most majestic of them all. After that, I would have the father and son theme of Last Crusade, Slave Children, and Raider's March.

5. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I always liked The March of the Nazis.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I love the romance theme for Indy and Marion.

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, the grail theme is beautiful, but for sheer pomposity and evilness, the Nazi's march from Last Crusade gets my vote.

8. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    WOW...

first time in the music section and i read this...

Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra is definately my favorite Indy Tune as well....

9. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Which theme is the Father and Son theme? I think the Third Knight's theme is the one that plays in the end credits, the Grail theme plays during mention of the Grail after the boat chase, the Scherzo plays during some of the fun antics between the Jones', and I think Henry's theme plays when Indy gets Blimp tickets at the airport. Did I get any wrong?

10. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    The Father and Son Theme, called Keeping Up With the Joneses (I'm pretty sure), plays in the movie when they are on the blimp (zeppellin) and some of the action after that. Is the Third Knight Theme the same as the Grail Theme? I think it is because that music plays when we last see the knight, whenever the grail is mentioned, and in the end credits. I did not think that Henry had his own theme. Maybe, you are thinking of Keeping Up With the Joneses? Check it out.

When I first posted this, I forgot to put the Nazi's Theme on my list of personal favorites. I really like the overpowering brass in its melody. I'm glad other people have mentioned it. I purposely left out Raiders March from my favorites because I really wanted this thread to center on other memorable themes from the movies.

11. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    I like the the Slave Children's Crusade theme.

12. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    The Basket Game is another great theme from Indiana Jones and shows the many obstacles of Marion and Indy's relationship.

13. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    It's a close tie between the Nazi theme from Crusade and the last bit - with the triplets - in Belly of the Steel Beast. It's unbelievable how much that piece builds and builds and builds and finally, just like the tank, goes over the top/edge. Killer stuff.

14. Condawn

Condawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2003
    From Raiders listen to The Map Room: Dawn, Desert Chase, Main Title: South America, from Temple of Doom - Nocturnal Activites and from Last Crusade - Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra and Belly of the Steel Beast 6 great tracks.

15. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I personally also like Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra. The rhythemic spectrum in this peice is amazing. besides, the name's amusing. ;)

~JW

16. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    Yes, finally another person who likes Scherzo! :D

17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The grail theme.... or the Knights' theme from Last Crusade.

18. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    While I was watching George Lucas' AFI award tribute on tv, they showed the scene with Henry holding onto Indy with their theme playing and then showed the knight with the grail theme playing. It was fantastic. I've always loved those two themes and that is when they are at their climax in the movie. Breathtaking.

19. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Flight From Peru, Well of Souls, and Miracle of the Ark from Raiders,
    and Escape From Venice, Finale & End Credits, Scherzo For Motorcycle and Orchestra, and No Ticket (Simple as it is), from the Last Crusade.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Ark Theme; definitely beautiful and horrifying, as someone above me said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.