What is your favorite lightsaber color?

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 19, 2003.

?

What is your favorite lightsaber color?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Blue 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Green 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Red 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Purple 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Yellow 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Silver 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the color blue. If you consider the characteristics of the saber colors, it's so me. Cool and calm, more mature (if you can call a guy that runs around his apt. complex with a lightsaber mature ;) ) Also, what do you think about the EU sabers? Should Lucas have included more or do you think he was right sticking to his main 3 colors, and of course Jackson't 'bad mofo purple'.
  3. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    I ever I were to have a real lightsaber (hey, it could happen), it would be a deep bluish purple. I voted for purple because it would be more than just blue. Blue is my favourite colour, but the lightsaber would have a tint of purple in it. I'm not sure if any EU characters have one like that or not.
    I actually wish that Lucas had done a few more colours in EpII. It was neat seeing the random purple and orange here and there, but I had thought that there would be more diversity instead of the dominant blue and green. That's just one of the many things that I enjoy about the EU.
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    My two goals in life are to make a lifesize X-Wing replica to sit in my front yard, and to make a working lightsaber. I have a working theory for the saber, unfortunatly our technology doesn't quite help too much. There's a theory that lightsabers are made from a form of plasma, and the way plasma is contained right now it through magnetic fields. So if we could fine-tune the magnetic field enough just to extend a meter and then 'cap off', the blade could be made of super-heated plasma, able to cut through anything, andthe magnetic field would prevent the saber from crossing with another. Unfortunatly the power consumption would be huge :( You're an EP geek, maybe you could make this your research project ;)
  5. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd give my left hand for a working lightsaber. I don't think that'd count as a topic, though. Something to look into, I suppose.

I had found a really neat website a while back that went over lightsabers in ridiculous detail and a lot of it seemed to make sense to me. I'll have to see if I can dig it up for you. I totally think that it would be a possible thing one day, though. How cool would that be?!
  6. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be awesome! I remember hearing a few years ago that NASA was looking into it, but that probably got a budget cut :(
  7. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    My Jedi character has an orange lightsaber, but orange wasn't a choice, so I went with Mace's bad-a$$ purple.

star 4
    I think you accidently went for Red Karma, but I know whatcha mean ;)
  9. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    No, it looks like there's two votes up there for purple. It's all good! ;)
  10. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Doh! *smacks forhead* The color of the bar threw me off a little :p
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jayna, check your opera mail and let me know if that's what you had in mind ;)
  12. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    That was really cool. It actually sort of resembles my lightsaber. I have the parksabers Echelon. That's exactly the colour I had in mind. :)

You're very talented! How long did it take you to whip something like that up?

13. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    *blushes* aw, thank you :) The saber itself took about 2 hours, then the blade took maybe 3 minutes. It's really easy and if your interested I'd be happy to show you how.
  14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jayna, what did you think about the second saber? I'm trying to decide which to post on my website and it may as well be the one that you like :)
  15. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    While I liked what how you all around brightened up the colour of the second one, I think the size of the "aura" is more accurate in the first one. From the lightsaber pictures that I have here, it looks like your first picture glows more correctly.

Very cool, though.
  16. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okie, it's up at my Maw Shipyards site (check sig) in the Gallery if anyone wants to see it :)
  17. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! It's officially my lightsaber! Awesome!

You are very a very talented cg artist, Q99. Are you self taught or have you taken classes?
  18. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Aw, thanks Jayna. It all started when I first found out I could color on the walls :p I've always loved drawing and working with my hands and such. I am all self taught. I started CG in 10th greade when I first saw 'Duality' and got into rotoscoping, then I got hired to be the graphics guy for my high school's TV Production team and learned Power Point, then I moved on to some free CG programs and haven't looked back since. I love doing it and only with I had more time to devote to it. I originally wanted to be a CG artist for Disney but I just couldn't ignore the pull of space and aviation that ERAU offered :)
  19. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    For a big chunk of my life I wanted to be an animator for Disney. That tour through the place at Disney World always just fascinated me. Then I went to Kennedy Space Center and decided to be an astronaut- which is what I've been stuck on ever since.

I love to draw, but I've never tried my hand at CG. I'm thinking that it's an entirely different animal. I wish I drew more here. I guess that's what summers are for. :)
  20. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would be happy to take you on as my Padawan :) Keep that braid going, hehe.
  21. Commander_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Out of the choices that were listed, I would have a silver lightsaber. It would look more like a real blade, though I really want mine to be somewhere between blue and green. I read in one of the novels that it all depends on which crystals you put in your saber, and I guess I would need more than one.

Having more than 1 crystal would be cool anyway because then I could change the length of my lightsaber.
  22. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey hey! It's Commander_Clone!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.