main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealRamona

RealRamona Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Chiming in again after my second viewing...

I liked how the Kamino walls and color scheme match the clone/stormtrooper armor.

Love those quick Vietnam looking zooms to the gunships during the end battle.

2. lowanon

lowanon Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    The look of awe mixed with frustration on Obi-Wan's face while he's sizing up the clone troopers on Kamino. The Naboo Invasion music helps, too.

3. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I like the part during the geonosis battle when a battle droid say's uh-oh, then the one right nex to it says roger roger because they see the acklay right behind Obi-Wan, then he looks behind him and see's it. Funny scene. This is kinda funny but Obi-Wan looks kinda like HHH when he stabs the acklay through the haid!

4. XdarksideX

XdarksideX Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    defenetly in the war room when dooku had the plans for the death star..

5. Merton9999

Merton9999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    1) When Padme and Anakin say they're a little scared and Anakin says "Don't worry, we've got R2 . . ." and they laugh. The ironic truth is that little droid who apparently can't think creatively has been responsible for saving the entire galaxy on many occasions!

2) Luminara Unduli - That is just an amazing design for a lady jedi - gorgeous. I'm not really in to the toys, but I just had to buy her!

3) Anakin's subtle and playful force manipulations (The dessert pear, the metal globe in Padme's room). We've never really seen anyone just "playing around" with the force like this before.

4) Obi-Wan looking at Dooku's bust in the library before Jocasta comes up to him.

6. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    I have a new favorite little detail. The WRITING, which is not so much of a little detail, but the little things work so much better.

Example: The warm feeling of human reverence and emotion simply from Typho telling Obi Wan that "he would feel better having the 2 Jedi around" in the apartment.

It is so simple and yet added so much feeling, yet I think if HAles wasn't contributing, that scene could have been lost, or gone the route of the Panaka/Obi conversations.

It's the human element in the story that is so important to balance out the FX! Good job GL.

Anyone notice that one?

7. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Darth Artoo I noticed those two Gungans too. What it made me think about is how in TPM Padme acted like she had never even seen a Gungan, but since then the Gungans and Naboo have been co-mingling in society.

8. AT7

AT7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2000
    My Few Cents : No particular order

1. Jedi Starfighter scenes - R4 is cool !

2. Obi calling the jedi council the "old folks home" before he calls yoda/mace

3. Kamino fight - classic SW

4.End scene w clontetroopers, imperial march etc...and bail organa looking sad/frustrated.
    (Who said Lucas cant direct, OK he isnt David Lynch or Robert Altman, but I'm sure Jimmy Smits needed to be cued on this...)

5.Anakin on the swoop ! love that panning shot !

6. r5 d4 from anh trundling around in Mos espa

7. George Lucas in the senate clapping that the chancellor is creating an army !

8. yoda, the chase, Mace etc......

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    tonight I noticed these 4 cool points:

*During the shot near the end of the ground battle of the close-in firefight amidst all of that dust, we first see from the Clonetroopers perspective & then from the battle droids. You'll notice a close-up-but-hazy shot of a Super BD firing through the dust but all he hits is a few battle droids right in front of him, destroying them. Perfect distiction between thoughtful Clones & lumbering stupid droids.

*The Quarren (squidhead) standing on the far-side of the Geonosians holographic battle field. What's his story I wonder?

*When Obi & Anakin are dropped off by the gunship to fight Dooku, two Clonetroopers get off with them. Then a quick aerial shot shows the gunship PLUS both Clonetroopers getting smoked by the fighters, as you see our heroes running into the hangar.

*(my favorite) The second last scene with Palpy & the loyalists on the balcony. At the very final second of this shot the camera pans up just enough to reveal two Red Guards standing behind them all. Just adds more weight to the feeling that the Empire has just been born.

10. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I think the best kiss is when she jumps on the Reek and gives a quick kiss because it was so natural.
    And when Akakin rides away fromm Padme on the swoop bike(it gave me goose bumps and it looked cool) because it was so real.

11. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    THe look on Obi-wans face when he turns to see the Reek behind him (the battle driods runs away when they see reek).

12. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree, some of those ground shots have a "war documentary"/Saving Private Ryan feel to them....

I hope GL goes back and incorporates some of this into the Hoth battle in ESB, that would be cool!

13. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    The look Ani gives Padme after the "You're making me uncomfortable scene", and the look he give to Obi-Wan when he gets rolled into the arena.

14. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    "Yoda's stomach muscles were pretty cool too."

He had stomach muscles? I must have missed that.

"Six pack, I have!" :D

Lono

15. Yodanator

Yodanator Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    obi-wan feeling for the pulse of a downed jedi.

the sports being watched in the background of the night club.

george in the senate.

and pretty much everything else here that's been mentioned. the detail in AotC is great!

16. rodjedi

rodjedi Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002

It seems like nobody has noticed this one yet! (I've read the first 15 pages)

The Imperial Guards (the red ones) are IN palpatine's office in the first office scene. They are not very prominent (back by the doors, almost blending in) but they ARE there. Look carefully behind Windu, Yoda and the rest of the Jedi.

17. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    Palpatine's little "Hmmm..." after Mas Amedda says "If only Senator Amidala were here."

18. Lethal

Lethal Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I also noticed that OB1 was admiring the statue of Count Dooku in the Jedi library on coruscant. Real koo!

19. Lethal

Lethal Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    The way Padme looked at Anakin after He told Her "I would be to scared to tease a senator" That look was so telling.

20. Lethal

Lethal Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    One more thing...

Padme: That sounds like a dictatorship.

Anakin: If it works....

now THATS foreshadowing!!

21. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I don't like "bathroom humor", but I thought the way Dex pulled his pants up with his spare arm when he was hugging Obi-Wan was done subtley and turned out being funny

22. jeditigger

jeditigger Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Wos, you guys have nailed lots of the ones that I would've mentioned, but here's one that I haven't seen...

Several people have noticed the similarities between II and IV when Ani and Luke are standing on the dune at the peak of frustration, but the way that Anakin handles his anger gives a lot of insight to the differences between him and Luke.

Luke just stands there sulking, staring at the sunsets, not sureof what to do, while his father immediately sets out to do something, and the suns aren't going down until he's well on his way to find Shmi.

Of course, I could be overanalyzing... *lol*

23. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I don't think that's overanalyzing. I noticed it too. In fact, I think it was handled well in that you don't get an exact carbon-copy of that ANH moment.

24. One_Armed_Wampa

One_Armed_Wampa Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I liked the way Padmes starship at the begining resembled a B-52 bomber and it even sounded like one.

Also pretty hilarious the droid serving food on the ship telling R-2 to "get away, no droids allowed"

25. Anakin_Skywalker9

Anakin_Skywalker9 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Queen Amidala's Curly hair :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.