What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juantanbomb Jedi Knight

star 1
    I liked all the humor, that just made it a better movie. I also liked all the underling stuff ie...

Boba with Jango's helmet
    "You'll be the death of me."

etc...

JT
  2. Jedi_Alec Jedi Master

star 3
    Call me crazy, but my favourite little detail was Mon Calamari in the Confederacy. Right before Poggle the Lesser goes to download the Death Star plans we can see a guy with an octopus head.

I also liked the many expression in Obi-Wan's face when the Acklay broke that spear.
  3. tDR Jedi Master

star 4
    Mon Calamari? u sure?!!!!
    damn, i missed it! sure it want akbar? :p
  4. jirskyr Jedi Padawan

No the dude you saw was a Quarren, the squid-head guys who share Mon Calamari with the Mon Cal.
  5. Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost

star 3
    On my third screening .... I realised that I can officially "use the forks" - the clones army and I eat with the same swedish plastic-handled knives and forks!

(big breath ...mantra... get a life..get a life...see AOTC again...)
  6. tomm4004 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My favourite little moment (maybe it's a big moment) is the shadow of Anakin on the Lars' hovel that resembles Darth Vader. That sent shivers up and down my spine.
  7. Wookies-N-Cream Jedi Knight

star 1

-the silence before the seismic charge (i love those things)
    -Yoda's click as he force-grabbed his saber
    -Yoda dropping the cane as he tried to propel the first thing that Dooku threw at him
    -the flies around Watto
    -Obi-wan's "...but this is suicide" remark (think back to ANH)

Plenty of other stuff.
  8. Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Knight

star 1

I loved when Dexter pulled up his pants and Obi-Wan said...

"That's no space station...that's a moon..."

*grin*
  9. Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know this isn't the thread, but I just have to say this...

In regard to all the posts about R2 going up and down stairs. Check out ANH when everyone arrives at the Docking Bay to meet Solo and board the Millenium Falcon. As the camera pans away and Luke says "What a piece of junk", etc, you can see R2 making his way down the steps in the background to the left. He sort of tips himself from side to side and goes down one step at a time.

If you look carefully, you'll realise you've seen it all before.

As for my favourite moment...the opening sequence of the starship cruising through the clouds on Coruscant (which it appears NOBODY knows how to spell correctly, by the way *sigh*), and the tops of the building poking up through the mist.

10. Auge_Der_Sturm Jedi Knight

star 2
    I forgot to mention the Geonosian's "Hee-yah!" as he drives Anakin and Padme into the arena. So cute.

And BTW, SpareParts, newhopesters has quite an imagination. Nothing like that ever happened in ANH. Han hid behind a SD in ESB, but Ben was a little too dead at that point to make that suggestion.
  11. desann Jedi Knight

star 1
    the delay on those seismic charges is so cool!

plus the part where yoda pushed back his robe to reveal his lightsaber.. just like a gunslinger!

heck i even loved how helpful, polite and... caring(?) the clonetroopers were.. (the clonetrooper DID appear to be concerned about padme when they fell of the gunship :p)
  12. DakSpacerunner Jedi Padawan

There's a scene on Tattoine where you see Padme outside in the sunset that is SO reminiscent of a similar scene in ANH with Luke - that one really got to me.
  13. vulcanjedi99 Jedi Padawan

Kit Fisto's smile was good;

Everything about the scene in Jango's apartment was good;

I felt real suspense and fear; good acting on both Temeura and Ewan's parts; and the little kid too...

The way Jango is fixing his cuffs and Obi-Wan stares at him...good stuff
  14. JediofJade Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, here's my two cents:

-the little touch-off when Ani and Obi-wan touch their sabers together while riding on that arena animal on Geonosis. Kind of like a "cheers to a great battle" toast or something

-the droids fixing Padme's window on Coruscant

-Qui-gon's voice-over

-how the love theme screeched to a halt when Padme broke off their kiss. I actually laughed out loud when that happened...all three times I've seen it

-Ok, Yoda

-Ani's wiping out the poison centipedes or what-not, that kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it. His movements seemed almost careless.

-Obi-wan's "I don't think so." So smooth, so...English.

-Mace's "This party's over." My brother leaned over to me and said "Sucka!" Throughout the entire movie, we were going "Ya M-F'er" "Sucka" and "Fool!" everytime Mace said something. It was great.

-Jango and Obi's fight. Just goes to show how a Jedi needs to be physically fit and not just strong in the Force. Reminded me of Luke's training, of all things.

-Everything on Kamino. It was so ethereal and graceful. Reminded me of Lothlorien from Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring.

-this may seem weird, but I liked how easily those fruits were forked and bitten into on Naboo. Thos pear-like things, they looked *really* delicious.

-The scene with Ani and his mother brought tears to my eyes. That was incredibly well-acted, and one of the best scenes in the entire series of movies, IMHO.

-and probably my fave part- the sonic charges. The delayed sound release was an awesome idea, and the surround sound was especially necessary to feel the full crushing effect of the sound waves. Anway, best movie I've seen in a long time. Right up there with ESB.

oh, and can't forget: "I love democracy. I love the Republic." That was so funny to me, so "polititian-esque". So Palpy. I say those lines all the time. They just strike me as particularly cool in the movie. Good job, George.
  15. BucMan55 Jedi Master

star 4
    Haven't seen it mentioned:

The rifle report from Jango's Rifle after the dart hits Zam....

You see the dart(and hear a slight swoosh) and THEN you hear the gun go off....Great attention to detail there....

Noticed it the first time but it kept slipping my mind when I thought about posting it....
  16. Wookienookie3 Jedi Padawan

I found a little symbolism in that at the Lake Retreat, you saw how Padme's back was all beautiful and flawless, then in the arena it got slashed and bloody. You have to wonder what kind of big, ugly scar she has on her back now. Both Anakin AND she received battle wounds - his lost arm, her back. The symbolism is the way things will undoubtedly be from now on - the once "beautiful" republic becoming the corrupt, "scarred", ugly empire. You can sense how dark and downhill things are going.
  17. TheVioletBurns Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting point, nookie3.

Ah, this movie is chock full of symbolism.
  18. ju-may Jedi Knight

I enjoy this post, and everybody here seems to be this kind of person that look begind the main action.

(sorry if it´s been post before) In my third film view I was concentrated in Dexter´s dinner. I saw an "old" dug (that is easy) and to the back of Dexter enters a ... and he comes out a few seconds later, it seems to me he was drunk. Are this two the same that appear in the zam´s chase??

This secuence is very rich in "little detail", it has a soft cantina song, and pass a lot of creatures behind the window.
  19. Darth_Zidious Chosen One

star 4
    I like how the Geonesian who is standing next to the execution cart sort of jumps backwards a little bit and flexes his wings when the cart starts to move. Great little detail.
  20. jacensky315 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought that kiss she gave Anakin on the Reek was kind of funny. Obi had some great lines. Yoda walking away with a cane. Yoda's battle cry. I thought Dex was really cool too. he was actually kind of serious, unlike Jar Jar.
  21. Jedi_Chai Jedi Master

star 1
    My favorite little detail is Obi-Wan checking the pulse of a fallen Jedi. It is very indicitave of the man he has become and of his former Master (Qui-Gon) whom he holds in high regard.

The one detail that annoys me, though it fits perfectly, is in the beginning of the fight scene between Dooku and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has to get in one little wrist twirl of his lightsaber before connecting with Dooku's saber. Did he learn nothing from his and Qui-Gon's fight with Maul? It's okay to do those show-off moves when you're about to kill a mostly disarmed acklay but right before fighting a Sith? Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan. Tsk tsk.
  22. jayme_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    "The one detail that annoys me, though it fits perfectly, is in the beginning of the fight scene between Dooku and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has to get in one little wrist twirl of his lightsaber before connecting with Dooku's saber. Did he learn nothing from his and Qui-Gon's fight with Maul? It's okay to do those show-off moves when you're about to kill a mostly disarmed acklay but right before fighting a Sith? Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan. Tsk tsk."

The "saber twirl" is used to get ready for a battle and prepare to defend/attack. That's why you see Obi-Wan doing it when he rushes for Maul and Qui-Gon when the energy binders open in TPM.
  23. keith71_98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You have to love Obi-Wan's comment to Anakin as they enter the bar :

"You're going to be the death of me"

How true , how true Obi-Wan
  24. SCOTSSITHLORD Force Ghost

star 2
    Ian McDiarmid's expression, and very insincere voice, when he proclaims to the senate he reluctantly accepts the emergency powers, then goes on about how much he loves the republic and democracy,the liar that he is.
    I also loved the bit where Anakin plunges off the cliff face, with his cloak billowing out, a bit like Tim Burton's Batman, and Vader's shadow appearing on the wall whilst Anakin talks to Padme.
  25. Benwan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved when Obi-Wan cut off Zam's arm in the nightclub and Anakin says to all of the startled customers "This is Jedi business, go back to your drinks." And then everyone quickly looks away. It shows how feared the Jedi are in the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.