Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.
Hey- I just noticed, that in Episode I, When the group exits the space ship on the landing platform in the capitol- if you look in the back- you can see Jar Jar waving his hand in front of the guards (in blue), almost like someone would do to the Guards in front of Buckingham Palace.
I liked six little detalies!!!!!!!!!1
1.One was how sidoeus betrayed nute gungry
2.How dooku left the jedi
3. telling anakin what happed to shmi skywalker and how his stepfather lost his leg.
4. How the clones were made by the trade federation.
5. anakin telling padme he hates the tuskins and kills them like anamils.
6. dooku teling obi-wan that a sith lord is ruler of the sente.
Oh, here's another one.
When the Jedi/Padme are forced into a circle, you see Obi-Wan knelling in front of a fallin Jedi, you can see how he closes the Jedi's eyes. And looks almost as if he's blessing him. (Sorta like a prist)
Since I'm a part of a group called the DUCKS (DePauw University Competitive Knowledge Squadron... I did not come up with the name,) I have an obsession with ducks. I like how there were actually ducks swimming in the lake in one of the outside shots of Padme's lake estate. I also liked the duck Jedi even though we found out he looks nothing like a duck close up.
I noticed yesterday that if you look really closely, you can see the stump of Jango's
neck still in his helmet... Creepy.
My favorite "little detail" is actually my favorite scene in the entire Star Wars series to date, although I still can't believe so many people haven't noticed this.
Right before nightfall, as Anakin is preparing to search for his mother, Padme comes out, and the camera pans to the shadows of Anakin and Padme on the homestead wall. It's pretty obvious that Lucas included this "two shadows" shot as a homage to the "two suns" scene in Episode IV, and after I saw this I immediately thought to myself, "how clever, George."
I just can't get over how cool this scene is, and how well it symbolically contrasts the different paths Anakin and Luke would eventually follow. I think scenes like this prove that Lucas is an incredibly gifted and subtle filmmaker.
1. The way Mace stuck the lightsaber under Jango's neck, forshadowing his beheading to come. JUST COOL!
2. The two Millenium Falcon ships off to the left when Anakin and Padme land on Naboo.
3. The "no droids" comment on the refugee ship coming from a "droid"!
4. Jango speaking Huttese to little Boba.
5. Mace's look at Dooku after taking care of Jango.
6. Obi-Wan and his Flying kick of Jango.
7. The way the Gunships fire those green lasers, kinda like the Death Star. Again, coolness!
8. R2 pushing 3PO over the edge just like he did in ROTJ on the Sailbarge.
9. The way Obi-Wan said "curious"
10. The sound of the Sonic Charges
11. Yoda's flying chair
Yeah, the way Mace cut both Jango's blaster and his head in the same move is just awesome
Mace's expression as he runs towards Jango just prior to decapitation. He's all business, and you don't want to mess with him.
The way R4-P17 talks.
R2's whistle while flying around with his rockets. I picture it as the droid version of "Wheeee!"
Anakin's Darth Vader-like stance on the balcony.
When Anakin passes through that arch of rock on the bike. The music kicks up right then, and Tatooine looks like a nightmare world.
Wonderful shots of Coruscant:
- The Royal Cruiser approaching the planet
- The RC flying over the clouds
- Right before it cuts to the elevator scene
- The establishing shot of the Sith Temple
Zam with the sniper rifle.
The three part door on Kamino sliding open. One of my favorite little bits.
The chairs in Lama Su's office.
The little things about the Kaminoans. For example, the way Lama Su's fin waves, or the way they blink. (I'm not crazy!)
The eyes of the Kaminoans. Heck, the Kaminoans themselves.
The starfighter's arrival at Kamino. The way it just FWOOSHes out of space. Also, the hyperspace ring itself.
The background of the cloning facilities. Very cool, with neat features like Slave 1 style ships flying around and the control room at the very top. Next time you watch, when it cuts to the control room (the Voyager-looking thing) look right above it. There's a very cool swooping thing attaching it to the roof.
(looks at his last items) Boy, I sure like Kamino, don't I?
This is only half the stuff I can think of. For example, I didn't even include the seismic charges. (well, I did just there) There's so much stuff to love about this movie.
Bail Organa's look of disappointment at the end and the way he looked away and tapped the railing in frustration when the clones were being sent to war.Very cool and very understated.I LIKE!
-Taun We scratching her neck (why does she do that?)
-The clouds on Coruscant when Tyranus goes to tell the news to his "masta".
-The seismic charges.
* When Yoda has to stop the big column from falling on Obi and Anakin, he still has his lightsaber in his hand. If you don't blink, you will see him turn it off and zip it back under his robe before he Force grabs the column.
* In the arena when the Jedi tosses Obi & Anakin the lightsabers, Anakin catches his...turns it on...and immediately turns to cut Obi's handcuff chain.
* And my very favorite...in the "First Kiss" scene after Anakin has caressed Padme's back, Lucas holds the camara on Anakin's face as you see his expression go from a slight smile to a serious smolder. Yum.
I watch for Anakin's "serious smolder" too now, it looks pretty dramatic. I also like when he bites his lip after telling Padme "You're exactly the way I remember you in my dreams"
When the Obi/Jango fight starts and Obi is blocking Jango's lasers, he does one move where he swings the lightsaber across his body, batting at the laser like it's a baseball.
Merton9999: Ummmm...the lip bite...
another good reason for me to go see it again tonight...
I always loved the expretions on Anakin's face when he was killing the Tusken Raiders.
It was so cool