main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Yep, shame,shame...

2. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey- I just noticed, that in Episode I, When the group exits the space ship on the landing platform in the capitol- if you look in the back- you can see Jar Jar waving his hand in front of the guards (in blue), almost like someone would do to the Guards in front of Buckingham Palace. :)

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I liked six little detalies!!!!!!!!!1

1.One was how sidoeus betrayed nute gungry
    2.How dooku left the jedi
    3. telling anakin what happed to shmi skywalker and how his stepfather lost his leg.
    4. How the clones were made by the trade federation.
    5. anakin telling padme he hates the tuskins and kills them like anamils.
    6. dooku teling obi-wan that a sith lord is ruler of the sente.

4. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
    Oh, here's another one.

When the Jedi/Padme are forced into a circle, you see Obi-Wan knelling in front of a fallin Jedi, you can see how he closes the Jedi's eyes. And looks almost as if he's blessing him. (Sorta like a prist)

5. JediSilverstar

JediSilverstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Since I'm a part of a group called the DUCKS (DePauw University Competitive Knowledge Squadron... I did not come up with the name,) I have an obsession with ducks. I like how there were actually ducks swimming in the lake in one of the outside shots of Padme's lake estate. I also liked the duck Jedi even though we found out he looks nothing like a duck close up.

6. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I noticed yesterday that if you look really closely, you can see the stump of Jango's
    neck still in his helmet... Creepy.

7. TGL

TGL Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    My favorite "little detail" is actually my favorite scene in the entire Star Wars series to date, although I still can't believe so many people haven't noticed this.

Right before nightfall, as Anakin is preparing to search for his mother, Padme comes out, and the camera pans to the shadows of Anakin and Padme on the homestead wall. It's pretty obvious that Lucas included this "two shadows" shot as a homage to the "two suns" scene in Episode IV, and after I saw this I immediately thought to myself, "how clever, George."

I just can't get over how cool this scene is, and how well it symbolically contrasts the different paths Anakin and Luke would eventually follow. I think scenes like this prove that Lucas is an incredibly gifted and subtle filmmaker.

8. Darth_Lil

Darth_Lil Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    1. The way Mace stuck the lightsaber under Jango's neck, forshadowing his beheading to come. JUST COOL!
    2. The two Millenium Falcon ships off to the left when Anakin and Padme land on Naboo.
    3. The "no droids" comment on the refugee ship coming from a "droid"!
    4. Jango speaking Huttese to little Boba.
    5. Mace's look at Dooku after taking care of Jango.
    6. Obi-Wan and his Flying kick of Jango.
    7. The way the Gunships fire those green lasers, kinda like the Death Star. Again, coolness!
    8. R2 pushing 3PO over the edge just like he did in ROTJ on the Sailbarge.
    9. The way Obi-Wan said "curious"
    10. The sound of the Sonic Charges
    11. Yoda's flying chair

Anyone agree?

9. Cheel83

Cheel83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Yeah, the way Mace cut both Jango's blaster and his head in the same move is just awesome :D

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Mace's expression as he runs towards Jango just prior to decapitation. He's all business, and you don't want to mess with him.
    The way R4-P17 talks.
    R2's whistle while flying around with his rockets. I picture it as the droid version of "Wheeee!"
    Anakin's Darth Vader-like stance on the balcony.
    When Anakin passes through that arch of rock on the bike. The music kicks up right then, and Tatooine looks like a nightmare world.
    Wonderful shots of Coruscant:
    - The Royal Cruiser approaching the planet
    - The RC flying over the clouds
    - Right before it cuts to the elevator scene
    - The establishing shot of the Sith Temple
    Zam with the sniper rifle.
    The three part door on Kamino sliding open. One of my favorite little bits.
    The chairs in Lama Su's office.
    The little things about the Kaminoans. For example, the way Lama Su's fin waves, or the way they blink. (I'm not crazy!)
    The eyes of the Kaminoans. Heck, the Kaminoans themselves.
    The starfighter's arrival at Kamino. The way it just FWOOSHes out of space. Also, the hyperspace ring itself.
    The background of the cloning facilities. Very cool, with neat features like Slave 1 style ships flying around and the control room at the very top. Next time you watch, when it cuts to the control room (the Voyager-looking thing) look right above it. There's a very cool swooping thing attaching it to the roof.

(looks at his last items) Boy, I sure like Kamino, don't I?

This is only half the stuff I can think of. For example, I didn't even include the seismic charges. (well, I did just there) There's so much stuff to love about this movie.

11. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Bail Organa's look of disappointment at the end and the way he looked away and tapped the railing in frustration when the clones were being sent to war.Very cool and very understated.I LIKE!

12. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    -Taun We scratching her neck (why does she do that?)
    -The clouds on Coruscant when Tyranus goes to tell the news to his "masta".
    -The seismic charges.
    -Shaak Ti.

13. Youngling

Youngling Jedi Master star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    * When Yoda has to stop the big column from falling on Obi and Anakin, he still has his lightsaber in his hand. If you don't blink, you will see him turn it off and zip it back under his robe before he Force grabs the column.
    * In the arena when the Jedi tosses Obi & Anakin the lightsabers, Anakin catches his...turns it on...and immediately turns to cut Obi's handcuff chain.
    * And my very favorite...in the "First Kiss" scene after Anakin has caressed Padme's back, Lucas holds the camara on Anakin's face as you see his expression go from a slight smile to a serious smolder. Yum.

14. Merton9999

Merton9999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Youngling:

I watch for Anakin's "serious smolder" too now, it looks pretty dramatic. I also like when he bites his lip after telling Padme "You're exactly the way I remember you in my dreams"

When the Obi/Jango fight starts and Obi is blocking Jango's lasers, he does one move where he swings the lightsaber across his body, batting at the laser like it's a baseball.

15. Youngling

Youngling Jedi Master star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    Merton9999: Ummmm...the lip bite...
    another good reason for me to go see it again tonight...

16. Kolo

Kolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    I always loved the expretions on Anakin's face when he was killing the Tusken Raiders.

It was so cool :)

Kolo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.