main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurufett

Gurufett Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    -The droids replacing a window in the queens quarters the next morning
    -the video screens of the various sports (with pod racing)

And my favorite:
    The advertisement outside the Coruscant night club where the Bith and another OT alien are giving a thumbs up and saying something, probably advertising the club. This can be seen when the club is established.

2. MichelleSC

MichelleSC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    JediPraxeum

I was about to post the same thing! I thought the scene with Yoda teaching the kids and calling them "younglings" was kinna touching and the star map was nice effect :)

3. bombchu

bombchu Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    someone mentioned hearing qui gon's voice. i missed that. when was it and what did he say?

4. MrBNtrl

MrBNtrl Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 1999
    I can't believe noone noticed that we finally see how R2 gets up and down stairs. Pay attention when Anakin and Padme are preparing to leave Coruscant. 3rd leg extend to next step, lift up back legs, hop sorta, repeat.

oh and Dooku's salute to Yoda before the fight.

Someone also mentioned Dooku's expression when he had finished Obi and Anakin. I thought it looked more like an expression of sadness. I feel that he is really trying to take down the sith, but he's doing whatever it takes to make it happen.

5. ITDEFX101

ITDEFX101 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Oh yea, the R2 Walk up the stairs scene. I know that was CG cause I don't think they could get the real R2 up there stairs.

6. batman697

batman697 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    qui-gon's voice? Can that really be heard? Damn, I gotta see this again tomorrow

What is the Emperor's chant? Not sure what is meant by that

One of my favorite moments was just seeing Obi Wan get out of ship at Kamino. I just got on the edge of my seat thinking the jengo/obi wan battle was coming soon.

Dooku's expression is definitely fatigue related. Using the force to fight both anakin and Obi-wan would really take a lot out of him.

7. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    The bit where the federation ship crashes back to the ground and throws up a huge dust cloud.

All the clonetroopers and droids battling it out in the dust. Blasters illuminating the picture, blue and red. Just brilliant!

8. JediMasterNeo

JediMasterNeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2001
    Details I liked:

-Flies buzzing around Watto on Tattoine.
    -Anakin on his speeder looking for the Tuskens, silhouetted by the sun as he blocks out the light.
    -Yoda's really pissed-off tone when he walks in to save the day: "Dooku!"
    -Padme eye candy, especially the black leather outfit and the SNE (Sudden Nipple Erection)

9. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Anakin?s little moment of anger with Zam before her death was great, the foreboding, yet pleased look on his face is chilling, as is Obi-Wan?s return expression.

And who could forget the best line of the film? ?Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.?

10. RealRamona

RealRamona Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Battle droid saying "Roger, Roger" just before getting blasted.

Tatooine actually being cold. *

* Padme's nips.

11. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    The first time I realized I was hearing the Imperial March. That gave me definite goose chills.

12. ITDEFX101

ITDEFX101 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I would not be suprised if Portman asks George to remove "that" from the DVD.

13. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    For me it was seeing the imperial guards the red ones

14. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    Basically everything on Tatooine thrilled me, but I'd have to say the nicest moment was the shot of the shadow of Padme and Anakin hugging. I loved how Williams inserted the Luke theme there. Interesting how when it was truly Luke's theme, he was looking out across the Dune Sea anticipating some positive embrace of the galaxy, while when played for the lovers, it presaged the imminent display of Sith powers. Really nice bit of irony there.

15. jabbawocky

jabbawocky Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I loved the utter confusion when C3PO and that battle droid switched heads. That was priceless especially with the battle droid saying something like "Uh, I think I need maintenance". Classic.
    Did anyone notice how when Obi Wan is spying on Count Dooku and the other separatists that there's a guy in all this huge robotic getup who speaks sort of like Darth Vader. The first time he spoke, none of them were on screen and I thought it was Dooku talking and then I saw him sitting at the table. Don't know if it's a voice modulater or whatever that Anakin may use later (he's good at fixing things and he does become more man than machine. You gotta wonder how he puts together his outfit). Anyway, I may be totally off base about that, but it sure as hell jarred me when i heard the vocie the first time.
    Did Qui Gon really shour "No Anakin No"? That is so cool. I must watch out for it next time.

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    The best line in the film was Obi-Wan's "Why do I feel like you'll be the death of me Anakin."

Classic

17. 0Bl-WAN

0Bl-WAN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    I had many, because I thought ATOC was one of the best movies I've ever seen and even better than ESB.

- The fact that Mace killed Jango so fast. I expected more of a drawn out fight. I said, "holy ****" when that happened.

- Obi-Wan saying, "not good" when realizing he was caught on Jango's wire.

- Boba glaring at Obi-Wan.

- The screams. Unlike any other time in SW, there were three distinct, agonizing screams let out by characters. It made the action seem that much more real. Zam shrieked when Obi-Wan cut her hand off. Padme screamed when the Nexxu scratched her, and Obi-Wan yelled when Dooku stabbed him twice.

- Mace's "introduction" to Jango (putting his saber right to his neck.)

- Anakin's precise saber control to slice away the two centipede things in Padme's bed.

...I guess I could mention just about every scene. That's how much I liked this movie. Jesus. I haven't seen a movie twice in the theatre in about 6 years. I didn't even consider seeing TPM again after the first time. I'll probably see ATOC 4 times.

Edit out the whole curse

18. hubzilla

hubzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    How about the Markalite / Maser cannons from Godzilla movies shooting down the control sphere?

Pretty cool if you're a Godzilla fan like me!

19. dark_phoenix

dark_phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001

i think i saw the millenium falcon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you may able to see it when anakin and padme leave courrasant for naboo,the moment when the ship takes off flying from the right side of the screen up to the left you see a building in the background and on it i think you can see the falcon on the rooftopp!!

people please verify this i think i really saw it.

20. Child_Of_The_Ocean

Child_Of_The_Ocean Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    - Everything from 'STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES' to the scene with Anikin and Padme at the end.

- Padme's clothes were so much better than the last movie.

- Obi-Wan's line 'Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?" and Anikin replies, "Don't say that, Master, you're the closest thing to a father I have." (tear)

- The Death Star plans (I screamed with joy and got a really angry 'SSSHHH!!!' Sorry to that person)

- I loved it when Obi-Wan said, 'That's not good' when Jango went over the edge.

- I like seeing Owen and Beru, even though their roles were very small.

- Anikin losing his arm.

- Obi-Wan cutting off Zam's arm.

- Anikin saying the legendary line "I have a bad feeling about this." I almost thought George had omitted the line this time around.

- Obi-Wan getting into a physical fight with Jango! That was fun.

- Obi-Wan jumping out of the window onto the droid.

- Anything with Obi-Wan...*big silly grin*

I suppose one day I should grow out of my Star Wars obession...but why?

21. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    either the falcon or a ship in the same class was present yes. Boba's evil stare toward Obi Wan was great. Kit Fisto cheesin it up. sooooo many little things. It was like watching a Kevin Smith movie loads of extras for fans of the series to pay attention to. Tying this to all of the films before it and paying homage to other films telivision etc....

22. TattoonieSunset

TattoonieSunset Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Did any of you see the little imperial emblem on any of the clonetroopers? One was on a helmet and another on a shoulder I believe. It wasn't on all of them and it is some what faint but it's there! It goes by quick however but all of it was very cool!

Also the fight between Ani and Dooku. The flashes of the sabers...the red..the blue....flashing the light across their faces....very intoxicating and dizzying!

The fake out of Ani loosing his hand in the factory. I thought that's where he was going to lose it. Good move there.

Ani explaining to Padame about his hate for the tuskans after he kills them. Good forshadowing.

The movie just left me wanting more very badly. Too bad we have to wait all the way until 2005.

23. justsawit

justsawit Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Hmmm....you've all made good observations. Let me add my two cents.

I liked Anakin force lifting the piece of fruit. I think he should have force lifted her top off.

I like Natalie's laugh, when Anakin comments that they were safe with r2 protecting them.

I liked Boba's evil eye stare at Obi Wan.

I liked the voice of Poggle the Lesser.

I liked c3po calling r2 an 'idiot'.

I liked the way Hayden delivered the majority of his lines. He stepped up in the biggest role of his life.

And lastly, Yoda, "it seems master kenobi has lost a planet. How embarrassing."

Classic

24. 159065

159065 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    The best was when Obi Wan says "I swear you'll be the death of me." to Annie. That was so cool.

25. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    r2d2 walking up and down the stairs at various parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.