main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    When the music started and then all the way up until the credits started were my favorite little parts.

I liked the robots replacing the window on Padme's apartment.

2. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    And who could forget the thong? :D

3. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    The way Santa Claus, er... I mean Sio Bibble, has aged. :p

4. Sailor Naboo

Sailor Naboo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 1999
    Oh, the CLOTHES! Amidala's white outfit (look closely, it's not a jumpsuit, it's a shirt and pants) and especially that blue dress. I'm an amature costume designer and I can promise you I'll be copying both for halloween this year!

5. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Anyone else think Nute's voice was terrible? It sounded nothing like him, and his line "SHoot her or something" was so good on page and so bad in execution.

6. Bumfork

Bumfork Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I think that Nute Gunray was my favorite "little detail," specifically his hatred for Amidala for what she did to him on Naboo.

And the fact that the Techno Union guy has Vader's shoulder pads and arms.

EDIT: No I take it back. I think my favorite "little thing" is Hayden's burst of emotion when he's talking to Padme about Obi-Wan. He just cries out "it's worse," and goes on such a diatribe that you get the feeling he's been wanting to talk to someone about it for 10 years.

7. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    1. Zam's view of Obi-Wan hanging from the assassin droid - both through her binoculars and her rifle scope
    2. Dex's "plumber's butt"
    3. Obi-Wan nonchalantly force-grabbing his little map reader ball with the force
    4. R2 walking up stairs
    5. The tips of the skyscrapers poking through the clouds - Awesome
    6. The marquee above the nightclub with the two cantina creatures
    7. The flies swarming Watto
    8. How Cleigg sounded a LOT like Owen did in ANH
    9. Yoda limping away after his lightsaber duel
    10. That blast door on Kamino that opened up right before Obi-Wan and Taune We walk through. That was the COOLEST!

Oh, and does anyone think the voice of Lama Su is the same as the nemoidian from TPM (the one who says "We will not survive this")?

8. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    this was probably already said, but I liked it when obi-wan told his droid to get a channel to the Jedi Council "care of the old folks home" i do believe he said, and then it cuts to Mace and Yoda

9. whatwhat98

whatwhat98 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Coolest little detail was after the Yoda kicked Dooku butt scene.....he adjusted his cane again and started with his little limp walk again.....Too Cool!!!

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Did anyone notice the Raiders of the Lost Ark moment? Anakin using his lightsaber to hack into the ship was reminiscent of Indiana Jones using a knife to do the same.

11. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    theres just too much!

-i liked the sound that Slave 1's Sonic grenades made... first they blew, then they made a wicked sound (good work Ben burt!)

-yeh i also liked the look on Bails face at the end, he was so fustraded!

- i liked the legs of the trade fed core ships while they were taking off from Geonosis just before one got knocked down, awesome!

- Padme's hippy dress on Tattoine

- OB1's ever-changing-face....no wait..that was just wierd

- seeing the death star in B/G before it was talked about.

theres just too much!

12. SithDewd

SithDewd Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2000
    The detail on the clonetroopers was awesome.

13. NRDigital

NRDigital Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    I can't say that this is something that I loved about the movie, but I thought it was funny how Poggle the Lesser's voice seemed like a mix of "Starvin- Marvin" from South Park, and Greedo is a new hope.

14. Not_Applicable

Not_Applicable Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    The atmosphere on the streets of Coruscant and inside the nightclub was really amazing. The way the denizens carried on, talking, laughing, and dancing gave it a very realistic feeling.

15. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Anakin sliced up those assassin bugs so quickly! One-two

16. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    actually I thought Poggle voice sounded like a cross between Greedo and that podracer who crashes from not looking.

17. DarthSam

DarthSam Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I loved the little Imperial Logos on the clone dropships, and the death star, and I loved the "do you want to buy some deathsticks" scene.

18. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The last shot of AOTC was VERY similar to one of the last shots of ESB.

ESB: Luke and Leia on the left, R2 and 3P0 on the right, looking out the window of the starship.

AOTC: Anakin and Padme on the left, R2 and 3P0 on the right, looking out over the lake.

Also, is it just me, or did the Aiwah sound just like a Tauntaun???

19. Zenomorph

Zenomorph Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    On tatooine, when Anakin and Padme are in the workshop talking, there is a really cool display of some kind in the background showing some really cheesy old fashioned computer graphics, like something you might see in the original movie. I loved that.

20. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    The Geonosian voices totally cracked me up. It sounds like something my crazy brother would imitate. :D

21. Yodarth

Yodarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Dexter was cool. I loved when he used his top 2 hands talking with Obi and his bottom 2 to pull up his pants, hilarious.

And Jango getting his head chopped off, and Boba going andn picking up the helmet.

Also, Threepio calling Artoo obtuse and an idiot.

Mace and Yoda when they're entering vs. Dooku on Geonosis.

Jango shooting the Jedi and doing the spin with his gun.

When Obi-Wan referred to the Council Chambers as the Old Folks Home...didn't know it'd be in the movie after Adi Gallia said it on Jedi Starfighter.

Also, Wat Tambor (tin man) before he speaks, he's like turning to the right radio station to get what he wants to say to coem out right.

22. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Oh, oh, I loved the first we see of Obi-Wan and Anakin - with him all prepping up and looking all nervous and stuff, and Obi-Wan going, "You're sweating." I was just grinning like a geese. I love those two.

*sigh* this is just going to make the next episode all the more painful :(...and therefore cool. :D

23. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    - Boba and Jango's accents. They're so Aussie and Kiwi! I had little patriotic tears in my eyes...
    - The comment by Threepio when Artoo recieves the message. Hilarious
    - The way Palpatine seemed a little paler and more sickly as the movie wore on

24. Skywalker1177

Skywalker1177 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I can't believe no one mentioned this!

When Obi-Wan and Anikan first enter the bar, there are 3 TV screen behind them, the one to the far left is actually footage from Star Wars Episode I: Racer, for the PC/N64. Or, at least it looked a lot like the game.

And, Artoo's little climb up the stairs, it was only for a few seconds, but until now, no one knew how he got up those things. They'd always cut away when he had to go up stairs, or, just use a ramp or something.

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Yoda and the Younglings.

I didn't notice Imperial March / Vader's theme the first time until almost the end. The second time, I noticed it almost whenever the clones were shown.

All the foreshadowing.

R2 walking up stairs was something nice to see, especially since many of us have always wondered how he's gotten upstairs (of course, he also has booster rockets).

Seeing Mace come in behind Dooku and Jango. "This party's over".

The humor was great in this movie. The puns were hilarious, "I'm beside myself", "What a drag!", "She's on top of things", etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.