main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite 'little detail'?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SenateGuard3, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evacuation

Evacuation Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    There is so much I can list! But the only time I remember actually being suprised and letting out a little wail, was when Obi-Wan smacked that Geonosian in the face with his stick.

WHACK!

2. BrendanWOR

BrendanWOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    1) Imperial March during the end Clonetrooper scenes
    2) Yoda using the force to draw his lightsaber
    3) Anakin protecting Obi-Wan by blocking Dooku's swing
    4) Padme's... chest... when they leave Tatooine :D
    5) Anakin using 2 sabers
    6) The Dug saying "Jedi poodoo!"
    7) Jar-Jar's smile
    8) Pre-Star Destroyers
    9) The look on Anakin's face as he looks up from his mother, before he slaughters the Tuskens
    10) Padme's peck on Anakin's cheek

3. Wajas

Wajas Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    OK everything everyone has said...also liked the fact on Tatooine (with the 'He's holing m back!' line) that they're in the workshop from EpIV...
    Natalie Portman throughout, looking amazing...
    The darker side of Coruscant - the clouds at the beginning - the club with the surely the first thongs to be seen in a Star Wars movie...felt a more real city. Grittier like.

4. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2000
    Agreed with all of you, even if of some them are BIG details ;)

Here's some I like that haven't been mentioned.

Ahmed Best, one of Lucas' daughters, and [much deserved] Anthony Danials making appearance in Corouscant bar with little or no make up-costumes.

The first scene when Senator Amadala's decoy ship lands...the silver serface even gives a glint of the boosters blue shine after landing( I know, but you said little detial, and I'm showing my ILM appreciation for hard work).

And last but not least, the scene for Anikin instructs the pilot/gunners to aim for, I forget, the electric modulator's-or something causing greater damage, Obi-wan congragulates him, " Good call my young padawan"

Look at the expression of slight disgust on Anikins face like, "I'm better than you, don't call me that". It's a great quick moment. [face_mischief]

5. ArgonLightray

ArgonLightray Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Didja notice when Boba picked Jango's helmet that his head didn't fall out? Why?

6. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

Look at Corde's feet after the explosion. They are bare. The explosion knocked her right out of her shoes!

7. Evacuation

Evacuation Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    Another thing I loved was the Psycho-esque music when Smhi dies. That look on Anakins face with the music going nuts just gave me chills.

8. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The bit when Zam is flying in her airspeeder and you see her face change back into Clawdite for a second.

Magic

9. Kajash

Kajash Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    yet another newbie, this time from Hungary.

I didnt catch if anyone mentioned it, but when Palpatine said to Padme that "the thought of losing you is unbearable" in the very same voice as he said in ROTJ to Luke that, "I'm afraid that this battle station will be operational..."...OMG, in that instance i fell into love with this movie... truly, deeply:)

10. Obi Wan Bergkamp

Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 1998
    Did anyone else notice the Vader breaths?

One was just after the Tusken slaughter, while Anakin is confessing all to Amidala as he drops to the floor - he lets out a sighing breath that sounds exactly like Vader?

The second is in the battle with Dooku when Anakin cuts the cable in half. It makes a sound like Vader inhaling.

11. MasterKoon

MasterKoon Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    The Imperial emblem is actually on Obi-Wan's starfighter too. It's quite clear in any scene with a close-up (when he's getting in or out of it). I like how the republic symbol is the Imperial symbol.

I also like how republic tech is very often rust-colored. Nice symbolism.

12. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
  13. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    So many great little moments
    *Obi-Wan catching Anakins lightsaber
    *Obi-Wan's laugh while in the elevator
    *The look on Anakin's face when he says "and not just the men, but the women and he children"
    *The Emperor's Theme in that same sequence.
    *Coleman Trebor getting blown away by Jango
    *Jango twirling his blaster
    *Obi-Wan using the force to open the door on Kamino after he falls.
    *Obi-Wan's somersault on the the platform on Kamino.
    *C-3PO's "must kill Jedi" line. Already a classic!
    I could go on and on, there's so many terrific moments.
    GOD I LOVE AOTC!!!!

14. Master_Cloner

Master_Cloner Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Did anyone else notice Oppo Ranciss's tale in the Council scene?

15. Blue_Milk

Blue_Milk Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2001
    Agreements with those already mentioned:

Blue Milk (of course!)
    Watto's flies
    The "pit of gundarks" conversation in the elevator - best because it established that Ani and Obi have had plenty of adventures together already.
    Padme smuggling peanuts.
    Poggle's voice
    The way the Geonosians emerge from the walls, Alien style.

Others:

The kaminoan "tear drop" chair
    Geonosian being turned into bug squash on the conveyer belt
    Geonosian handler getting eaten by the nexu (serves him right!)
    In fact, geonosians dying in general (I'm warped like that).
    The battle droid head on 3PO's body saying "uh-oh".
    Coruscant adverts (none for Pepsi, thankfully)

16. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Master Cloner, THAT'S the one I forgot to mention. That was really cool to see.

I also liked seeing the Senate from outside at night, as well as the different viewpoints from within the Senate building.

17. Tar-Jinn

Tar-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    This is one cool detail I love (in addition to all those mentioned above):
    Taun We's dress. Remember how ILM said they wanted the Gungans to wear something like that, but could not make them realistic, and so the Gungans wore leather? Well, it appears they now CAN make a material any way they want! Even half-transparent and flowing and soft! Congrats!
    And another one: the blue dress Padme has on while packing her things on Coruscant. "I want that dress, not excuses!"

There are the things I love to hate:
    Geonosis... it's Hell; its inhabitants are demons!

The sleek, curved, beautiful ships like the "flying wing" supplanted by the boxy, angular, mass-produced, Star Destroyer-like ships; even the Sith Infiltrator's beautiful lines are now changed to the very angular (cool, but from a certain point of view ugly) Jedi Starfighter! And the - again - curved, flowing shape of Amidala's blaster from TPM is now a very big, very ugly, very mass-produced droid weapon (Padme on the Arena)! Lightsabres, the "elegant weapons", lost and destroyed all over the movie... Padme changing gradually into less and less complex clothes over the course of time... The wedding dress being the one exception.

There is not a shot including the Sun anywhere on Coruscant! The scenes either take place in the mist, or inside buildings, or in twilight, or in the night. Not even when the Son of the Suns is on Coruscant is the Sun anywhere! Dellow felegates, Honourable Members of the Council, twilight is upon the Republic. Can anyone say Gotterdammerung, Twilight of the Gods?

The last part: so Obi-Wan's ghost was more correct than he suspected... Anakin Skywalker died (will die) and rose (will rise) from the dead - just as he promised on his mother's grave. Only he won't be resurrected precisely the way he intends this to happen... the Jedi, on the other hand, will (as in: disappearing trick).

18. WelshBob

WelshBob Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I loved the fact that Slave 1's cannons were just firing continuously,during the asteroid chase. None of that aiming and firing nonsense for the family Fett.
    Fantastic

19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Tatooine's three moons.....

20. SenateGuard3

SenateGuard3 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I forgot to say, Yoda in his little flying chair. Made me laugh

21. Nastard

Nastard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    During the fireplace scene, Anakin says "I can't breathe."

But my favorite line delivery in the movie has to be Threepio's "well shutme down."

22. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Wow...I can't believe NO ONE mentioned this yet:

Padmé giving Anakin the peck on the cheek when she drops onto the Reek. SO CLASSIC.

That was beautiful beyond words...I LOVE it!

I agree 100%.

23. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    The best little detail was at the wedding and the NEW hand Anakin has. It is chilling, disturbing, and shows his progress towards becoming more of a machine then man.

24. JediStrider

JediStrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2002
    A lot of you are mentioning big scenes. I agree that those scenes are amazing, but there are so many LITTLE things that are cool.

Three things stand out to me: Yoda's laugh when he's with the younglings (sounds just like ESB).

When the Jedi are all surrounded, Anakin stands in front of Padme and raises the saber above his head. Very valiant and looked just plain cool.

And finally, when Anakin blocks Dooku's saber, saving his master, much like when he blocks Luke's saber and saves his master in ROTJ. Love that foreshadowing.

25. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    How about the fact that the camera panned UP to the action after the crawl rather than down? That definitely added a surreal element to the movie for me from the word "go".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.