main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Lord of the Rings theme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darth-Lutgerous, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I know The Lord of the Rings movies have memorable themes. What is your favorite?

Some of mine: Eowyn's Theme
    Fellowhip's Theme
    Gondor's Theme
    Concerning Hobbits
    Lothlorien's Theme
    Rivendell's Theme
    March of the Ent's Theme

My personal favorite: The In Dreams Theme *I think it is called this, but am not sure* (can be heard in the tracks Many Meetings, the Breaking of the Fellowship, etc.) which reoccurs in all three movies. Very emotional. Great movie scoring.

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    My personal favorite: The In Dreams Theme *I think it is called this, but am not sure* (can be heard in the tracks Many Meetings, the Breaking of the Fellowship, etc.) which reoccurs in all three movies. Very emotional. Great movie scoring.

"Shire theme," "Hobbit theme."

Well, my favorite is the Fellowship theme; nothing beats the first five notes heralding Aragorn and the army of the dead at Minas Tirith.

... except anything by John Williams.

3. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Isengard theme and the Fellowship theme do it for me.

4. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    Cerrabore: I always thought Concerning Hobbits was another name for the Hobbit Theme/Shire Theme. You can hear the theme I was talking about at Amazon (see The Fellowship of the Ring, track sampler for Many Meetings, its 30 seconds).

5. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Those are all "The Shire Theme", only one is the melody for the verses of In Dreams, and the other is the chorus....

My favorite is the Moth/Nature/Hope theme.:)

There are a lot of good ones though....

TTBk

6. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    The March of the Ents, what a climatic and wonderful piece of music.

7. Discorpor8

Discorpor8 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Isengard Theme, Many Meetings, and that little choral strain that plays whenever that little moth comes around. All three are moving, hopeful, and stirring all at once. I'm also a fan of that song Gollum sings to Frodo in Shelob's lair (caught in a web, soon you'll be dead...).

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Shire Theme (mainly because of In Dreams, though), The Moth Theme
    and the ... I'm not sure what it's called. I think it's not the Ring Theme... maybe it's the Power of the Ring Theme... what the quiet choir sings at the beginning of Amon Hen... and has an action version late in A Storm is Coming... that one.

and I'm not sure if you can count it as a theme, but the Khazad-Dum music in both Bridge of Khazad-Dum and Foundations of Stone.

9. Wester547

Nov 5, 2004
    Amon Hen, Foundations of the Stone, and The White Rider are all around brilliant 'themes (if you can really dubb them that)'!

10. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    The Rohan Theme. Beautiful, haunting, exciting, and courageous.

11. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Does Sauron have a theme? I think I heard it during Saruman's conversation with him, and some of the Grond music.

12. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    I'm not sure. Maybe in Fellowship when his Barad-Dur tower is first shown and we hear Gollum scream, "Shire, Baggins," and then the Ringwraiths leave Minas Morgul. That could be Sauron's theme.

13. Wester547

Nov 5, 2004
    ^^ No, that's not it. Infact, I don't think Sauron even has a theme. His theme is probably The Ring's theme actually.

14. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Rohan. I often play it on my violin. It is beautiful :)

15. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    Then what's that cue called? You know what I'm talking about right?

16. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Actually, that is a theme for Sauron/Mordor...

ttbk

17. Darth-Lutgerous

May 24, 2005
    I knew it. Thanks for clearing that up ttbk. :)

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The Mordor theme is used when we first see Barad Dûr in FOTR and also in TTT during the beginning of Saruman's "We will drive the machine of war..." (The Uruk-Hai from 1:50 to 2:24). This theme is the theme for Mordor. From 2:25 in the track The Uruk-Hai to the end is the Saruman/Isengard theme. The track to which you refer when Barad Dûr is first shown is The Shadow of the Past. To help you differentiate between several themes, here is a rough thematic breakdown of this track:

0:00 - 1:12 Gollum's theme
    1:13 - 1:36 Mordor theme
    1:37 - 1:46 Nazgûl theme
    1:47 - 2:13 Incidental score
    2:14 - 2:47 Gollum's theme*
    2:48 - 3:32 Incidental score

*This theme for Gollum is also used for the Ring sometimes, as the two are closely bound.

19. CJedi72

CJedi72 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I believe it is the Rohan Theme from TTT, it was the one with the haunting violins in it. It is very cool and goes with the movie perfect.

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    My favorite is the "Second Age" theme... the one that plays over the "Lord of the Rings" title shot of each film...

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll have to agree with the Rohan theme as being my favorite. One of my close seconds is Minas Tirith, or the Gondor theme, if ya like. :)

22. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Nature theme
    Sauron theme
    Morodor theme
    Uruk-hai theme

hell, all of them!

23. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    My favorite themes, in order:

1. Fellowship theme (Duh! Especially the "To the Bridge of Kazad-dum!" statement.)
    2. Gray Havens theme (If that' what you call it... the musical version of "Into the West," especially it's "I can carry you! statement)
    3. The Gondor theme (especially the TTT:EE Boromir Flashback Speech statement, and the Beacon-lighting sequence)
    4. The Isengard theme- just pure, mechanical menace
    5. The Hobbit theme- light, folky, and fun
    6. The Rohan theme- a real 'down to earth nobility' feel
    7. Shelob's theme- because it's different

24. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I can't honestly decide which is my favorite, but I love playing the Fellowship Theme, specifically the Bridge of Khazad-dum Cue, the Rohan Theme, and the Shire/Hobbit Theme. The Isengard Theme is also wonderful. The Gondor Theme is great as well. And so is the Mordor Theme. Oh and the History of the Ring Theme! Shelob's Theme is great as well. Into the West was brilliant. Heck, the entire score is just my favorite. Let's leave it at that. 8-}

25. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    The Fellowship theme (I concur about the "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" statement), Isengard theme, Mordor theme, Rohan theme, and the Shire theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.