Discussion What is your favorite NSW fandom?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    What's your favorite to read? What's your favorite to write? Why? Are they the same?
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Yes. Yes they are. :p
  3. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I have two for the moment. :p Harry Potter and Twilight. I think they're too different to be the same. :)
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Right now, favorite to read is probably Avatar:TLA, though Harry Potter will always win. Favorite to write is definitely Harry Potter.
  5. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow... how to pick....

Currently my favorite to read is either NCIS or Firefly. My current favorite to write is Supernatural.

6. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    My favorite to read is probably Supernatural at the moment. Writing... that's a tie between Torchwood and Supernatural.
  7. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Star Trek. I love reading Star Trek. I've tried writing it myself but I'm having difficulty with the characters.

I like reading Merlin, as well. Next to Supernatural, it's my favorite show.
    But writing? *sighs*

It doesn't feel right yet. Don't ask me why but sometimes it feels like the characters aren't speaking to me, as crazy at it sounds. :p
  8. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Star Trek is my favorite to read and to write. I am in raptures over the new timeline and am totally not at a loss when trying to feel what the characters feel and giving them their true voices--one lovely lady in particular. :D [face_dancing]

9. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Favourite to write? Merlin, and my wacky, one-of-a-kind True Blood/Merlin crossovers. :p

Favourite to read? Harry Potter, Merlin, Star Trek, Firefly. :D
  10. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    True Blood/Merlin Crossovers? I wonder how that works? [face_thinking]

Ant, you know you have to post, right? I'm curious now. :p
  11. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! [face_laugh] I would, but they're kind of... nsfw... or they're implied as to not being safe [face_blush] 8-} Though maybe it's just me being weird... I can link them to you, and if you think they're okay enough I'll post 'em here, too. ;)

Ant.
  12. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Favorite NSW to read? That'd have to be Quantum Leap crossovers, BtVS/Angel, and... Smallville. (And also crossovers. They're fun.)

Favorite to write: Animorphs... because "Idiot teengers with a deathwish" just does not sum up that series.
  13. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    Favorite to read is House. Favorite to write is The Simpsons. I actually see a lot of similarities between them, and I'd love to explore that in a crossover or something, but right now, I'm just more comfortable with the Simpsons.
  14. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Favourite to read? It shifts every so often. I go through phases of really liking a particular fandom, and then I veer away from it. But I always read Harry Potter fan fic, it's the one fandom that I always come back to and don't really get tired of, so I guess it's my favourite NSW. :p

Favourite to write? To cut the long, convoluted story short, it also shifts every so often. At the moment I have most of my plot bunnies for Harry Potter (big surprise :p ) and after SW, I find that it's also the easiest fandom for me to write in (unlike some -- such as LOTR, which is next-to-impossible for me to write for, despite the fact that I grew up with Tolkien's Middle-earth). Right now, my current obsession with all things Shakespeare has activated my muse and for some reason my potential future directors' notes for Hamlet have turned into a flurry of vignettes and stories which are devastatingly addicting to write. Oh boy. 8-} (I also blame Nat for it :p ).
  15. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Right now my top two favs are Harry Potter and Bleach. I just might post some here, too.
  16. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Funny, since I plan to blame any future Shakespeare fics on you :p

I'm not sure what my favorite to write in is, but right now my favorites to read are HP and Avatar :D
  17. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Im still waiting for you to notice your error in the very first post, hun. [face_laugh]
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    . . . Well, that explains your post 8-} Fixed 8-}
  19. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Favorite to read: Star Wars, Star Trek, SG-1, KF:TLC for Pop...only ever wrote one which wasn't intended to be shared: CSI: Miami.
  20. heinapaa Jedi Padawan

Not much of a writer myself, at least of stories that are ever finished, but I have to go with Harry Potter. Besides SW it has probably the most diverse world and most possibilities to explore.

As for reading? Sherlock Holmes, Firefly. Oh, and Doctor Who. Doctor for the win!
  21. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    I find Pirates of the Carribean really easy to write (easier than SW) because I know so much background about the history of Pirates.
  22. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Kingdom Hearts, .Hack//, Death Note, Firefly.

Just those exacting series, of which 3 out of 4 have finished or are in the process of finishing, which is saddening. :(
  23. Thorn058 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    For reading I would say Halo, nothing like the master chief and killings some covenant. Also the small loyal fan base for Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series. Then there is the Belgariad and Mallorean, what can I say Eddings knows how to work a formula and sell some books.

Write i would have to say if I did I would look at a few Halo storie maybe some B-star G, something set in Butcher's Dressden files, maybe a Kindred story or two.
  24. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Merlin. I adore it. Love reading it, love writing it.
  25. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Both tend to rotate, I go through cycles of reading and writing different fandoms.

Reading: Right now I'm back on a House kick but also Torchwood and Queer as Folk(US).

Writing: Torchwood and Brothers & Sisters.

I think they differ because I've tried to write House before and I just don't like the outcome. While I can be snarky in real life I seem to not be able to write it with House's particular flair. 8-} I've not even tried to write QAF, probably for the same reason. I don't think I could do Brian any justice, though I guess I may try one day.

I sometimes write Brothers & Sisters but don't read it all that often because the fandom is so small I've not found very many authors that I enjoy, though there are a few.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.