Discussion What is your favorite NSW fandom?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I've had a lot of non-SW fanfic favorites. Star Trek (the various TV series, not so much the movies), Doctor Who, Man from U.N.C.L.E., and a smattering of a few other things. But my current non-SW binge is Emergency! Old and obscure with a small but loyal following. You're really showing your age if you admit to watching Emergency! when it first aired on NBC.

E! pre-dates VCRs, let alone the internet. But now we live in 21st century luxury when you can get it whenever you want online or on DVD.

2. Ubersue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Star Trek! I now have several unwieldy TNG AU epics infecting my brain. Maybe it's nostalgia, or maybe it's the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm in love with Jean-Luc Picard.

My all-time favourite fanfic to read, though, was some awesome and insane Super Mario Brothers fic that some guy found written in a notebook that was wedged behind the radiator in his apartment.
  3. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Harry Potter, to both questions.
  4. ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It depends on my mood. Right now, it's Supernatural to both reading and writing. Every so often, I get into Saiyuki, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Yu Yu Hakusho.
  5. lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Master

star 1
    I totes approve of you being in love with JLP. Although, you might have to fight me off for him,bb. x]

My favorite to read remains Harry/Hermione fic of Harry Potter fame. Write? Well, I've only have one story online and it's SW, but I've got loads of Star Trek TNG stories floating around my harddrive. I mostly write in those as a way to de-stress.

Peace,
    Bea
  6. violent-poetry Jedi Knight

star 1
    i just finished the twilight series and it was awesome, i can't wait to see what they will do moviewise for breaking dawn. if you like stephenie meyer, you might want to try out cassandra clare. she has this city series they're called the mortal instruments there is city of bones, city of ashes and city of glass.

http://www.mortalinstruments.com/
  7. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Favorite NSW fandom to read is Pirates. Duh. ;) Actually, if you want to get really technical, and this is something I rarely ever admit, I have a terrible, juvenile addiction to Todette fics -- that is, Sweeney Todd fics involving Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett. Usually in humorous, embarrasing situations. Disgustingly immature, probably, and most likely quite brain-dead, as well, but yeah. [face_blush]

I hardly ever write any fandoms besides Star Wars, with the exception of Pirates, which I dabble in sometimes. Mostly I do fics based off of the main character in Secret Window, though, and that's not really a fandom, per se. And I hardly ever post my fics. :p No particular reason why; I just don't.
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I think you should start posting :D Why, we have such a lovely board here, all perfect and waiting!! :p
  9. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Really? Where can said lovely board be found? :p

You don't have to be so kriffing nice about it! Now my conscience dictates that I think about doing so. Wouldn't post any Sweeney fics, though. You guys would throttle me. Or lynch me. Or both. [face_laugh]
  10. CherryLightsaber Force Ghost

star 4
    Right now, my favorites are Mass Effect (so much that I'm doing UDC4 and UDC5 in Mass Effect) and Dragon Age. I tend to read the less-used pairings in those fandoms. As in almost anything that isn't Fem!Shep/Kaidan, Fem!Shep/Garrus, or M!Shep/Tali for Mass Effect, or F!PC/Alistair in Dragon Age.
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] I will smother you with nice :p

Too dark? I did love the movie.
  12. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's just evil. [face_laugh]

No, not too dark at all. Quite the opposite. I had the terrible misfortune of being introduced to a certain brand of Sweeney fic that deals exclusively with placing Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett in extremely uncomfortable, extremely hilarious, innocent but innuendo-loaded situations that are just priceless...if you're into that sort of thing. :p Some of these fics are actually pretty deep and emotionally jarring, just like the movie, I guess. Ahh, what the heck, I'll hunt up and post one of my older ones.
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  14. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't have one. I mean -- I have one, but it changes all the time. Well, every couple of months.

I read or watch something that sticks with me to the point I can't get it out of my head. I then turn to fan fic. I remain fixated on the fandom, or at least stories I come up for it, and the characters, for months. Some fandoms after the initial fixation I rarely return back to. Some fandoms I continue to return to over and over again. Some fandoms are just as active in my head, but will receed just enough for me to focus on something els for awhile, but when I let them, they're just as prominent.

My favorite NSW fandom at the moment is the Percy Jackson fandom, but Transformers and the Heir Series are pretty prominent in my mind, and HP occasionaly takes over for a couple of days before retreating.
  15. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess for me it's the kind of mood I'm in. Two years back, when I was writing my Trilogy for Beyond the Saga, all I would read was SW fan fics that take place after the Star Wars series.

Now or days, I've kind of lost interest in SW fan fics, and have very little desire to read or write SW fic. That's why now I am into NSW, and the ones that I like to read the most is Avatar: The Last Airbender. I would write one myself if I haven't gotten myself started in a new trilogy. I'm sure some are able to write two separate fan fiction at the same time, but I want to make the one I'm writing as professional as possible, with all the research and stuff. But then again, I really struggle to write a single chapter story, so that might have something to do with that.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.