What is your favorite part of the Episode I DVD?

Discussion in 'Ontario General' started by YoungJediNiagara, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Ok, I think I?ve watched every piece of know footage contained in the Episode I DVD?s.

My favorite part (out of many):
    Disk 2 > Deleted Scenes and Documentaries > ?The Beginning? Making Episode I Documentary Film

Ewan McGregor ? Very excited after completing a scene for the Final Dual.
    Quoted:
    ??Do you wanna do Star Wars?? they said. I said, ?Too (censored) right??

Very funny line and delivery?
    I wonder what reaction we would give?
  2. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I finally got a chance to see the dvd that i bought...I love absolutely everything about the dvd...especially the deleted podrace lap..bloopers were good too...heck, all the easter eggs are good so far. Nov. 9th makes me think that we`ll begin liking this dvd alot more ;)
  3. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    I would've paid the $28 just to see that video from Attack of the Clones! I also really enjoyed the blooper/gag reels. The one of Sebulba's podracer racing a Sandcrawler was absolutely hilarious!
  4. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Oh...
    The Sand People shooting at the Jawas!!!!

(I thought the Stormtroopers had bad aim! [face_laugh])
  5. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    Sebulba`s pod racing a sandcrawler??? where is this??

EDIT: LOL, yeah, that was pretty damn funny with the Jawas
  6. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    watch the Deleted Scenes documentary and watch the credits.....:D
  7. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched both...i didn`t see that scene...hmmmm....curious
  8. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I, unlike the rest of you, didn't get the DVD, and can't wait till Saturday! We haveta see the Bloopers tho... that is the first thing on my list of things to see..... See ya Saturday!!!

Shaden
  9. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    I loved all the easter eggs and deleted scenes.

One thing I found really odd.
    According to Ben Kenobi, tusken raiders have bad aim while stormtroopers are "so precise".
    Then how come a tusken raider can shoot a podracer going 600mph while a stormtrooper can't shoot someone 5 metres away?

Then in the deleted scenes it showed Tusken raiders firing on jawas. BUT THEY KEPT
    MISSING!

Weird.
  10. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    make sure you watch the behind the scenes stuff too, it`s really neat stuff!
  11. TragicLad Jedi Master

star 4
    The documentry was worth the cost alone, imho. I love the opportunity to see the creative work in process.

And once again, I'm feeling that tPM was robbed at the Oscars for Visual Effects. Just the look on John Knoll's face as he's confronted with the task ahead... and then he goes ahead, does it all and then some. Forget an Oscar, he deserves a medal.

Seeing the books on opera in Lucas's work room, and hearing him describe film as poetry or as opera... that sheds some light on some things for me.

And the footage of the crowd in SanFran... ah that brings back memories.

All that being said - I have no one favourite part. I am just glad to see someone finally releasing a DVD that's got all the extras we could want and doing it in an incredibly well designed package.
  12. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is my take so far...

The Documentary. Haven't seen it! Thats my "job" for tonight after work, after midnight.

The Blooper Reel. I hated it! Why? Because 90% of it was R2 being made to look bad! R2 is a professional! Its anti-droid I tell you! Its anti-droid!! All the non-R2 bloopers are really good though. :)

The expanded pod race stuff is great. I have a theory on why a Tusken can hit a 600 mph pod racer, but miss a Jawa... who says they were aiming for the pod they hit? :)

The super-extended, special-edition fart sequence during the pod race intros... well that speaks for itself.

There is probably more snide remarks I can make. Just haven't thought of them all yet. Actually I'm waiting for next week when I'm off work to really sit down and watch everything, including the commentary track.

13. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    Well I finally watched EVERYTHING except the web featurettes. The documentary is by far the best one ever made. It's a must see!
  14. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the parts in the menu at Watto`s shop and on the Trade federation ship where if you leave the screen too long either Watto or Darth S. comes on screen to tell ya to hurry up....cool feature
  15. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched The Beginning, and the Deleted Scenes doc now. Very good. I also watched two of the 5 mini-docs. Costumes, and Fighting. Lots of good tips in there for people interested in those.

Hey Dreamweaver, if you are reading this, be sure to watch that costumes doc, you'll be amazed.
  16. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I just got a DVD player for X-Mas. I cannot wait to get the Episode 1 DVD after reading this thread. It sounds great. :)
  17. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    Tragic expressed my exact feelings about the discs. ILM was robbed of an Oscar, totally!

"The Beginning" was amazing. For a film that was shrouded in secrecy for so long, it was just great to get to see a bit of how they pulled the film off. I gained even more respect for all of the people invovled in TPM's production.

Audio Commentary. One of the most interesting ones I've heard. Covered alot of the bases for a film production.

I could go on but I won't cause you all know how great it is.

18. DarthTyrannosaurus Jedi Master

star 1
    My favourite parts of the dvd were the trailers of episode 1 and also the link to the dvd.starwars.com for the "mystery" trailer of episode 2.
  19. Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I liked watching it with the french dialogue...

Maul;

"Oui mon matre'd..."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.