main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What is your favorite part of the trailer? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RyanForder, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Favorite part of the trailer?

1. John Boyega

6.6%
  2. New Droid

5.8%
  3. Stormtroopers

3.5%
  4. Daisy Ridley

4.0%
  5. Oscar Isaac

2.2%
  6. X-Wing skimming the water

39.4%
  7. The Sith and the lightsaber

19.9%
  8. The Falcon

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    For some reason my mind keeps going to the Daisy Ridley shot as my favorite. It feels the most Star Warsy to me--a speeder racing across Tatooine. And I love the look on her face--intense, pressing buttons to anxiously get somewhere in a hurry. That shot makes me think, "She's going to be awesome in this movie."

Hazhar, Skellybobs and mratm23 like this.
  2. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

That shot and the one of the droid feel the most SW to me. Can't get over the one of the troops though. Doesn't feel like it AT ALL.

3. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Yeh the rolling droid and its little look to the camera gets me.

Skellybobs likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    My favourite part was all 88 seconds but to narrow it down the Falcon followed closely by the X-wings over the water...........

5. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    The Falcon.

6. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Every time I ponder this question, I come up with a different answer. Every moment is great in its own way.

At first it was the X-wings. Then the baddie. Now it's the D-day stormtrooper landing. All shots are awesome, IMHO.

7. Amiga_500_User

Amiga_500_User Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 4, 2014
    Though I did love the Falcon scene, the water skimming part was simply the best. It looked fantastic!

8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The music. Just the fact that John Williams is STILL conducting like no one's business at age 82. Second place is that flaming lightsaber. Just so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    The Sith snapping into his primal stance. It just felt like, whatever this guy is, grave robber, Sith fanboy etc. When he throws down he is all business and primal anger.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm not that into the ships and tech of SW, but the X-Wings skimming the water is my favorite scene, just because of the visuals, even if it's not so intriguing like the character shots.

Satipo and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  11. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Loved the shot of the baddie in the forest, just want to see him from the front!

12. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Right on Slater, the sound of that thing when it ignites just screams that this is one pissed off dude, or dudette, if it turns out be Christie. Hopefully Abrams listened to all the complaints about Maul barely being on screen and dying. Don't make that same mistake please JJ[face_praying] Love the the look of the saber, especially the blade crackling and looking electrified! The more I look at it the more the cross part does look like it's "venting" energy. Just cool as all hell!

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The whole thing is great, so this was difficult to choose... but I also voted for the X-wings flying low over the water. That shot is just incredible. An honorable mention goes to John Boyega in that opening shot. I love how he quickly emotes his nervousness and that he appears to be on the run.

14. snikttrooper

snikttrooper Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2014
    If I could change my vote, I would choose the X-wings skimming the water. That shot is amazing.

Satipo likes this.
  15. LionHeartV1

LionHeartV1 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2014
    The Millennium Falcon with the classic John Williams music. Followed closely by the X-wing shot.

16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Daisy's part. I'm very interested to see who her character is going to be. I have a feeling I'll love her.

17. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    The Sith. From the awesome setting to the cinematography to the intimidating performance and the unwieldy saber effect, this dude is clearly not to be messed with.

Other than that, the tension of the Stormtrooper shots... and the exhilaration of the X-Wing shot... and the cuteness of the droid...

Yeah. All of it.

18. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Boyega looking tense set the tone. That one shot was like Star Wars is back! The Count Dookie is about to hit the fan!

Bob Octa likes this.
  19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    As stoked as I am for the new bad guy, there was just something about seeing the Falcon that made my heart swell...

Sarge likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh. Dude.

More of him please.

Yanksfan likes this.
  21. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Xwings,the Sith and the MF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    There is something about the Isaac shot that I love, but I can't quite describe accurately. He looks like he is completely 'in the zone' even though he is almost slouching.

23. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I would have chosen the stormtrooper scene but it was too brief.

24. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    The X-wing shot is fantastic but it has to be the Falcon appearing as the theme starts. So good.

25. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    There are only two shots/sequences that really made me excited, and the rolling droid is one of them. Sphere-Two Detoo.

I dunno, it's that droid and Daisy Ridley on her speeder that feel new and fresh, but like they still exist in the Star Wars galaxy. All the rest seems like stuff I've already seen. If we're going to continue a story 30 years after Episode 6 do we still need stormtroopers? Why are the ships still 95% the same? There's a rebel pilot, looking just like a rebel pilot from 30 years prior. There's the Falcon, looking 95% the same in a chase (or something) with some TIE fighters that look the same. Have those TIE fighters been flying around for 3 decades? There's some X-Wings and that's a really pretty shot, but it doesn't make me excited for the story. I hope the writers have actually come up with something new...

Primetime_Jedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.