What is your favorite ROTS track?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi, May 22, 2005.

?

What is your favorite ROTS track?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith 12 vote(s) 4.4%
Battle Of The Heroes 82 vote(s) 29.8%
Anakin's Betrayal 39 vote(s) 14.2%
Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan 28 vote(s) 10.2%
Anakin's Dark Deeds 23 vote(s) 8.4%
The Immolation Scene 18 vote(s) 6.5%
Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious 13 vote(s) 4.7%
The Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny 17 vote(s) 6.2%
A New Hope And End Credits 22 vote(s) 8.0%
Other (please specify) 21 vote(s) 7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have many favorites

BOTH, Anakin's Betrayal, Padme's Ruminations, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, Anakin's Dark Deeds, The Immolation Scene. But I had to choose BOTH.
  2. MachinaofCog Jedi Padawan

:First Post:

My fav. songs off of the ROTS soundtrack are Anakin's Dream, Anakin's Bretrayal, and The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny.

I loved this music when I saw the movie and had not heard it before my initial screening. It was so moving! This soundtrack gave me a much stronger connection to the story than episode II's. (That should not be taken as an insult to E. II's soundtrack, I have grown to love it.)

By far, my fav. piece on the entire soundtrack is when Williams brings back the choir part from Qui-Gon's Funeral and uses it for Padme's Destiny. So effective!
  3. MikeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
  4. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    1 Vote? Aw, man. Now it's two. I voted for Revenge of the Sith. For some reason, I totally love it. It's my favorite track.

Honorable Mention: Enter Lord Vader
  5. jadailyTCU Jedi Knight

star 1
    Am I the only person who just absolutely does not like Padme's Ruminations? I'm sorry, but I bought the soundtrack to listen to music, not ambient noise. If I want to listen to some ambient noise, I'll listen to Palpatine's Teachins, at least it has some actual melodic material in the latter half of the track. I'm sorry, but I just didn't like Padme's Ruminations. I would rather have had other cues from the movie, like maybe an extended version of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan with the transition into Duel of the Fates from the Yoda/Palpatine battle.
  6. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin's Dream isn't on there?!?!? NOOO!!!!!!!!!:_|

It was a very moving track. The viola solo in the beginning was very touching, then comes a violin solo shortly after, which is equally touching. Then, after the chilling "nightmare" sequence, the strings play a passage that is so emotional, I get chills every time I listen to it. Then the cellos and basses after that playing a very ominous and somewhat scary low phrase, is excellent! This track was awesome!

However, since it wasn't listed, I voted for Anakin's Betrayal.

7. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Am I the only person who just absolutely does not like Padme's Ruminations? I'm sorry, but I bought the soundtrack to listen to music, not ambient noise. If I want to listen to some ambient noise, I'll listen to Palpatine's Teachins, at least it has some actual melodic material in the latter half of the track. I'm sorry, but I just didn't like Padme's Ruminations. I would rather have had other cues from the movie, like maybe an extended version of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan with the transition into Duel of the Fates from the Yoda/Palpatine battle.

I don't like it either. It sounds like Media Ventures material.
  8. I_Bent_My_Wookie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is "Anakin's Betrayal" the music from the montage of Jedi's getting killed?

Oh, there's so many that I like!
  9. batvader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think most of the action cues are tiresome, and just wallpaper scoring for impressive CGIs with spaceships etc (haven't seen the film yet, one of these days). Anakin/Obi-Wan's cues excepted of course. I like the fact that track 10 (Anakin's Dark Deeds) sounds almost like a horror film at parts,e.g. Young's "Hellraiser II", and towards the end you could mistake the music for some drama score (well, until the final crescendo). My fave track. My terminology might not be correct, but english is a second language anyway for me.
  10. Dark-Vador Jedi Knight

star 1
    The first time I listened to the soundtrack (after seeing the movie) I really loved Battle of the Heroes. But after listening a few times, I found that my favourite is Anakin's Betrayal! So moving, especially the scene it's with in the movie!
  11. JedimasterMoon Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin's Dark Deeds the chorus rocks! Then Battle of the Heroes,then Birth of the Twins. Also Anakin's dream. Shoot, I like the whole ROTS soundtrack.
  12. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Having listened to the soundtrack so often over the last week, I'd have to my favourite piece is probably 'Anakin vs Obi-Wan'. The frenetic version of BOTH here, along with the hugely strong renditions of the Imperial March (Clash of the Lightsabres from ESB, right...?) make it a real favourite, that always wakes me up and gets the pulse racing.

There are other excellent tracks and parts on the soundtrack, but I think that one is constantly my favourite.
  13. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I know why I like that man.
    While I voted for RotS, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan definitely comes in a close second. :cool:
    (honorable mentions mean something different :p)
  14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    (1) Battle of the Heroes
    (2) Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan
    (3) The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
    (4) Anakin's Dark Deeds
    (5) Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith
  15. mvwg3003 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin's Betrayal is still my favourite. I loved how it emerged once more during the Mustafar confrontation between Anakin and Padme.

When I first heard Padme's Ruminations I wondered if Hans Zimmer had somehow got his hands on the score but after hearing it in the film it fits perfectly, in my opinion. The scene was unlike anything in a Star Wars film before what with the echo of Palpatine's voice etc. The music and the visuals made the scene one of the most haunting of the entire film.

Honourable mentions:
    Battle of the Heroes: When the chorus erupted during the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.
    The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny: I was not expecting to hear Qui-Gon's funeral music as Vader awoke but it really worked.
  16. Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted for Anakins Betrayal, but I really like all of them. Anakins Dark Deeds reminds me of Lord of the Rings in the begining.
  17. GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I see what you mean, I just put the track on it it was just like LOTR at the start!
  18. Obi-pres Jedi Master

star 4
    I LIKE THEM ALL!!!! :-( I just couldn't decide. I love Battle of the Heroes and Anakin vs. Obi-wan and Padme's Ruminations and Anakins Betrayal and Anakins Dark Deeds and Palpatine's Techings and. . . Oh God! I just can't choose!!!!!!!!
  19. Serendipity Guest

2) Birth of the Twins & Padmé's Destiny
    3) Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
  20. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Padme's Ruminations.

That just works so well in the film.

Second would be Battle of the Heroes.
  21. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    The ROTS cue that gets stuck in my head most often is the music playing in the background when Obi-Wan says to Padme, "I'm so sorry." I believe its from the Anakin's Dark Deeds track. Like Anakin's Betrayal it's epic and tragic and very, very powerful.
  22. DarthSkeptical Jedi Master

star 3
    "Pamé's Ruminations"/"Palpatine's Teachings"/"The Birth of the Twins" and "Padmé's Destiny".

They're brilliant reflections of each other that really narrate the scenes. If ever you needed proof that STAR WARS would read completely differently without John Williams, you need look no further than these scenes.

Having said that, I love "Anakin vs. Obi". It's like getting the core of six films in 3'57".
  23. Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Knight

star 2
    Definatley 'Palpatine's Teachings' and 'Padme's Ruminations.' Both are unique and dark withtin the general Star Wars musical library. I was quite surprised by William's score this time around! Brilliant!
  24. GreenWrinklyYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    At first, it was Anakin's Dream. Mainly because I loved the beginning of the track. Anyways, it then became Battle of the Heroes. Now after seeing the film three times, I think that Anakin's Betrayal is my favorite. Even better when listening to it on the big screen with the movie.
  25. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I LIKE THEM ALL!!!! :-( I just couldn't decide. I love Battle of the Heroes and Anakin vs. Obi-wan and Padme's Ruminations and Anakins Betrayal and Anakins Dark Deeds and Palpatine's Techings and. . . Oh God! I just can't choose!!!!!!!!

Has the shock worn off yet? Maybe you can actually think about which tracks are better now.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.