What is your favorite ROTS track?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi, May 22, 2005.

?

What is your favorite ROTS track?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith 12 vote(s) 4.4%
Battle Of The Heroes 82 vote(s) 29.8%
Anakin's Betrayal 39 vote(s) 14.2%
Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan 28 vote(s) 10.2%
Anakin's Dark Deeds 23 vote(s) 8.4%
The Immolation Scene 18 vote(s) 6.5%
Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious 13 vote(s) 4.7%
The Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny 17 vote(s) 6.2%
A New Hope And End Credits 22 vote(s) 8.0%
Other (please specify) 21 vote(s) 7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't, and it's not Latin.
  2. JediSara Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    1. Battle of the heros
    2. Padme's ruminations
    3. Star Wars and The Revenge of the Sith
    4. The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
  3. ArthurClavin Force Ghost

star 1
    Anakin's Dream, Anakin's Betrayal, Battle of the Heroes, Padme's Ruminations (the first part), Grievous Speaks with Lord Sidious (the first part), Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith (the first to middle part), Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan, A New Hope and End Credits (that small segue between 'Battle of the Heroes' thematic recap and the 'Skywalker Symphony'), Palpatine's Teachings (the first part).

AC
  4. darthmohican Jedi Master

star 4
    Battle of the Heros and Anakins Betreyal
  5. JOINME Jedi Master

star 4
    Battle of the Heroes definitely. It is just so tragic..
  6. Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Knight

star 2
    1st. Battle of the Heroes
    2nd. Anakin's Betrayal
    3rd. Anakin's Dark Deeds (the last part is awesome)

BHB [face_cowboy]
  7. Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. CatherineSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anakin's Dark Deeds is my favourite
    followed by Anakin's Betrayal,Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan ,The Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny
  9. Wester547 Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, followed by BOTH, Anakin's Betrayal, Anakin's Dream, The Immolation Scene, and Anakin's Dark Deeds.
  10. Darth-Havocous Jedi Padawan

Battle of the heroes was the best song EVER!
    If you cant't tell that, then "You are not a Jedi yet."
  11. EwohEkim Jedi Knight

star 1
    Padme's Ruminations.

This track is just such a strange and unearthly track that it defies what I've heard in a Star Wars score. The way it enhanced the mood of the sequence and gave the film a nice little 'pause' from all the action. That and I can't get that image of Natalie Portman looking out the window, her big brown eyes wide and her hair curled around.
  12. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I've failed in my training. :(
  13. RedBlade89 Jedi Padawan

1. Battle of the Heroes
    2. A New Hope and End Credits
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I agree, Ewoh, about Padme's Ruminations. That music made me cry when I heard it before I saw the movie and it was filled with such despair and confusion that it completely touched me. Then, I saw the movie and when I heard that movie start to play, I just started sobbing.
  15. DarthMorsus Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love The Immolation Scene. It's so tragic... Strings can be so expressive.

Of course Battle of the Heroes and Anakin's Dark Deeds are good as well. Those are three of the tracks I listen to the most on the RotS soundtrack.
  16. NocturnaLeiAyr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Boy, so much to choose from! I've been listening to this soundtrack nearly every day. It is my favorite of all the films, although I've always loved the original Star Wars (now ANH) and ESB soundtracks, too...used to listen to those LPs all the time as a pre-teen...

Anakin's Dark Deeds is definitely my favorite, esp. the second half, when it gets all mournful and melancholic. A good friend of mine died on June 14th, and now I play "Anakin's Dark Deeds" on a repeating loop in my car, and crank the volume up during the second half of it. It gives voice to my grief.

The last time (5th time) I watched the movie, I really noted how beautifully that piece is used, underscoring the deep betrayal and sorrow expressed when Obi-Wan talks with Padme. "Anakin is the father, isn't he? ...I'm so sorry..." Oh man, I love that scene. (Right up there with the terrible grief and loss expressed by Obi-Wan at the end: "I loved you like a brother...")

I get chills when we see Anakin/Vader's tears on Mustafar, after he slaughters the separatists. Part of Anakin's Dark Deeds is used for that, too. There he is, literally in hell, and it seems like he is realizing what a bad deal he has made; at that point, before his immolation scene, I think he is enmeshed with some degree of remorse at what he has done and is becoming. Thus the tears. (But not enough remorse to really repent or stop his own slide further into the dark side!)

Other tracks that I love: Battle of the Heroes, of course, and Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. And Anakin's Betrayal. Love the opening and end credits too. I usually skip over Palpatine'es Teachings and most of the General Grievous pieces. Padme's Ruminations I have to be in the right mood to hear again.
  17. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Now that the soundtrack has been out for three months, I've changed my list a little:

1. Battle of the Heroes
    2. Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan
    3. The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
    4. Anakin's Betrayal
    5. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith
    6. A New Hope and End Credits
    7. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    8. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    9. Grievous and the Droids
    10. General Grievous
    11. Padme's Ruminations
    12. Enter Lord Vader
    13. Palpatine's Teachings
    14. The Immolation Scene
    15. Anakin's Dream
  18. Talonias Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was really annouyed at the fact that the war drums are missing from the start of The revenge of the sith.

Film order:
    1) Star wars and the revenge of the sith (for the coruscant battle)
    2) General Grievous (for his invisible hand scene)
    3) Anakin's dream (self-explanetary)
    4) Grievous speaks to lord sidious (for grievous' arrival on Utapau)
    5) Palpatines teachings (for the opera scene)
    6) Grievous and the droids (for the Utapau chase)
    7) Anakins betrayal (for order 66)
    8) Padme's Reminations (for that scene of Padmes apartment/the jedi temple)
    9) Enter lord vader (For Anakin's arrival on Mustafar)
    10) Anakin's dark deeds (for the slaughtering of the CIS leaders)
    11) Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (for the first leg of their fight)
    12) Battle of the Heroes (for the final bit of their fight)
    13) the Immolation scene (self-explanetary)
    14) The birth of the twins-padme's destiny (The death of padme and the birth of Darth Vader)
    15) A New Hope-End credits (for the final scene on Tatooine and the credits

And yet the CD of ROTS break all traditions by not having it's tracks in chronological order. Why?
  19. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Actually, none of the original soundtracks have tracks arranged in chronological order. AOTC, such as it is, is close.
  20. darthramzafft1 Force Ghost

star 1
    Anakin versus Obi-wan
    Because it combine Battle of the Heroes and the Imperial March! [face_dancing]
  21. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad they weren't included. A soundtrack CD should contain only the composer's music, not sound effects or dialogue.
  22. Lando_Bubrissian7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Both "Star Wars: the Revenge of the Sith" and "A New Hope and Credits" because of the unique aspects used in the compositons. Every time I listen to the middle of the first soundtrack I tend to wonder if John finally snapped and started using styles, comparable to Howard Shore's compositions of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Pay attention to the rhythym of the weather master drum; it almost fits the same rhythym used in certain Lord of the Rings sequences.

I also thought"A new hope and credits" was great because of how it seems to almost introduce the listener to a preview of whats to come in the later episodes (a positive outlook!). I liked the parts near the end of the track where Williams actually, and I don't know if it was coincidence or on purpose, made a small homage to George Lucas' "Imperial Attack" from Episode IV when the escape pod C-3P0 and R2-D2 are commandeering, is flying towards tatooine.

Did anyone notice also the end theme to the credits, while similar to that of "Return of the Jedi", the drummer is given a longer time to drumroll. I thought that was rather neat. Just think if this pattern continues, if they make the 9th Episode, John would let the drummer do a round-trip on the drum set before the final note?
  23. IRON_ANT Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anakin's Betrayal.

It's a pretty moving piece of music, despite the fact that there are no real dominant themes.
  24. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
  25. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Actually it kept up the tradition of NOT being in chronological order. ;)
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.