main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite scene from Episodes I & II

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PauliWanKenobi, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PauliWanKenobi

PauliWanKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    I got the idea to post this question while watching Episodes I & II before going to see ROTS. While I was watching Irealized that my favorite scenes in both movies were probably not the most popular choices or the most frequently mentioned scenes. I would like to know if anyone out there agrees with me on my choices which are, in my opinion, some of the coolest scenes visually in all 6 films:

TPM: The Desert Duel between Qui Gon & Darth Maul. Every time I watch Episode One its stands out to me, obviously not due to quantity (its very short) but due to its quality. It is the first Sith/Jedi duel since Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ and is just spectacular to look at.
    **Don't get me wrong I love the final duel between Obi,Qui Gon, and Maul..I just think the desert scene is so underrated.

AOTC: Obi Wan vs. Jango Fett. A Jedi Master and the Father of the great Boba Fett duking it out in the rain. Such a cool looking scene and far better than the incredibly over hyped Jedi/Droid battle on Geonosis...some of the Jedi in that scene were just, for lack of a better word, stupid looking. And watch some of the fight moves by a few Jedi who will remain nameless (one is a Zabrak), just terrible! They should have focused more on some of the more bad ass Jedi like Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi, etc.

I would love to know your thoughts...and ROTS was frickin great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 4PadmeNslavewear

4PadmeNslavewear Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    1) Padme climbing the column in the stadium. AOTC

2) Obi, Qui-Gon, vs. Darth Maul. TPM

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    tpm: The lightsaber battle between Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul

aotc: The interrogation of Obi-Wan by Dooku

4. Ewok79

Ewok79 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    TPM - the battle between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan & Darth Maul

AOTC - Annakin leaping out of the speeder to jump on the changeling - don't know why but I found that whole bit really amusing

5. rlddrummer

rlddrummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    TPM- Obi Wan & Qui Gon vs. Maul
    AotC- The Arena Battle on Geonosis.

6. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Episode 1-Obi Wan, Qui Gonn and Maul Duel.
    Episode 2-The clone war

7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    TPM-Qui Gon's funeral because they explain that there is a Sith out there. Then that nice pan to Palpatine at the end of the scene. Jee I wonder who the Sith is?

AOTC-Tusken Slaughter and the confession scene. It is the beginning of Anakins fall to the darkside and the internal conflict. He knows its wrong, does it anyway then shows regret.

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I really like the Sidious-Maul conversation on the balcony.

9. Mister_Sidious

Mister_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    TPM: Senator Palpatine manipulates Queen Amidala

AOTC: Anakin brings his mother's body home

10. jesuswasablackman

jesuswasablackman Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    2 moments from each film:
    Ep.I TPM 1.-Qui gon Jin and Watto; when we find out that the Jedi really aren't all powerful. That there are species in the galaxy so unrelated to the Jedi Order but when their paths cross, both have independent capabilities. Watto may seem like a thug, and he is, and that is why Jedi mind tricks work not on his kind, they have a one track mind, bargaining.

Ep.I TPM 2. Darth Maul using the little crate to hit the switch to open the bay door during the final three way battle. I love the little nuances and tricky things that come from having metaphysical powers. I think I was the only person that let out a "hell yeah" right at that moment.
    ----
    Ep.II AOTC 1. I love Frank Oz, but the CG emotion on Yoda's face was perfect, Good job ILM.

Ep.II AOTC 2. Mace Windu, Jango Fett. Like it was nothing, and it should have been nothing. He was the guy that the late Storm Troopers were cloned from. He could not have been that bad ass. It also showed that Windu was all business. Side note: Boba Fett is the dumbest excuse for a cult character. He was weak and easily defeated.

11. JediCouncilBoy

JediCouncilBoy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Episode 1: The Jedi Council

Episode 2: Genosis Battle Arena

12. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Episode I - The conversation between Qui-gon and Obi-wan with the sun setting over the Coruscant skyline.

Episode II - eh.

13. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Honestly? This one:
    [image=http://img231.echo.cx/img231/884/normalpdvd0887ew.jpg]

;)

14. DarthRhyno

DarthRhyno Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    How about the pit droid kicking Jar Jar in the Gungan jewels in Anikin's home in TPM?
    Funny stuff.

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    TPM: Palpatine Manipulating Padme
    AOTC: Anakin's Confession

16. KPoland

KPoland Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    It's very corny and cringe-inducing to a lot of people, but I truly, deeply enjoyed Padme's love pledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.