main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon what is your favorite scene from the new movie??

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by oregonjedi, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonjedi

oregonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    I was really surprised how much I ended up liking this, I was so skeptical, but it was awesome...anyways, my favorite part of the movie starts when mace announces that palpatine is under arrest and ends with anakin being sent to kill the jedi. love that scene with mace and palpatines transformation, and anakins oath. awesome.......

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I could no sooner choose a brighter star from the heavens!

3. DANakin89

DANakin89 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    There were a lot of parts I really liked from the movie, but one of my favorite parts was after anakin was put into the Vader suit, there was a small moment of silence then you hear the infamous inhaling and exhaling of Vader, it was great.

4. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Well it started with Lucasfilm LTD and ended after the credits. There isn't one scene that stands out because they all were awesome. I will list all of the shot compostions and editng that looked cool.

I really liked the editting when Anakin is alone in the Council chambers looking at the apartment and Padme is at the apartment looking at the Temple, Then Anakin starts to cry and decides to leave. I also like the shot of the Close up of Anakin's face when he is on Mustafar talking about his Empire and then Obi-Wan peeks up from behind him. I also liked the close up shots of both Obi-Wan and Greivious's eyes during their duel.

5. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    my favorite, anakin's march on the jedi temple with the battalions of troops, and ending when he met the younglings in the council room. it was evil, and i loved every part of it!!!!!![face_devil]

6. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    HEY. Now THAT scene wasn't cool at all. [face_not_talking]

I stay he should have taken the younglings and attempted to train them as Sith. Then, this being a part we never see(just a story), they grow older and individually try to overcome Vader.(which they can't)
    So by the time ANH roles around, there are none left.
    Kinda Palpatine's "sport", he tries the same thing with Luke only Luke kinda defeats him,lol.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    That would have made Vader a softy ;). I liked that scene, it made me sinisterly chuckle to myself when I saw it. Poor stupid little younglings, if they only knew the power of the dark side before it was to late.

Although that one Padawan killed some serious tale, I guess being the son of Georgie boy has its benefits.

8. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    I really enjoyed Ewan McGregor's performance in this one. I liked his dialogue deliveries and the facial expressions which went with them. The "Obi-wan" scene that cracks me up is when he drops in on Grievous at Utapau and says, "Hello there!" That grin on his face, and the way he said it, had me rolling. [face_laugh]

The scene that made me cry and cheer at the same time was when Yoda took out those two clone troopers on Kashyyyk. The first time I saw it was at midnight with a lot of die-hard SW fans. With the tragic scenes of "Order 66" culminating, I felt devastated when one Jedi after another was taken out by the clones. :_| Then, when I thought Yoda was going to get a blaster in his back, he spins around leaping and slicing those troopers with his lightsaber. The cheers and clapping in the theater was incredible! =D=

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i can't pick one! i'll just list my top five:

*palpatine's discussion of how the sith will rule the galaxy after mace's death
    *anakin and obiwan's dialogue before their fight begins
    *the "calm before the storm" before mace confronts palpatine
    *yoda owning the red guards
    *grievous w/ 4 sabers vs obiwan

10. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I really enjoyed Ewan McGregor's performance in this one. I liked his dialogue deliveries and the facial expressions which went with them. The "Obi-wan" scene that cracks me up is when he drops in on Grievous at Utapau and says, "Hello there!" That grin on his face, and the way he said it, had me rolling. [face_laughing]

I agree, when I saw that scene in the ROTS game I was cracking up. Ewan did a fantastic job.

11. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    ^ That line reminds me of Alec Guiness so much...

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    "I really liked the editting when Anakin is alone in the Council chambers looking at the apartment and Padme is at the apartment looking at the Temple, Then Anakin starts to cry and decides to leave. I also like the shot of the Close up of Anakin's face when he is on Mustafar talking about his Empire and then Obi-Wan peeks up from behind him. I also liked the close up shots of both Obi-Wan and Greivious's eyes during their duel."

Those are three of my favorite parts, you really nailed it. Those are some excellent choices. I absolutely LOVE Grievous during that scene, "Army or not, you must realized you are DOOMED!" I do that impression all of the time now, wow what a great scene.

But the calm before the storm scene, Anakin and Padme looking out over Coruscant at the sunset, is one of my favorite parts in the entire Saga, actually.

I love how Anakin's look becomes more and more disheveled throughout the movie, and the scene you are talking about on Mustafar, "My new empire," is fantastic. I love how out of control Anakin becomes. Originally I found it very sad, and it still is, but I've seen it enough times now to sit back and just appreciate it all.

I still find Padme's funeral very sad, even after 8 viewings. The music and the closeup on the thing Anakin gave her all those years ago really gets to me. It makes you think back on all of those scenes where she is full of life and so fiesty, and now it is over for her. What a sad ending to a trilogy. Nothing like this has ever been done before, nor is it likely to be done again anytime in the next, oh, 50 years, haha.

13. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Any scene with Ian McDiarmid is pure gold. I am stunned at how he transformed so well into the Emperor again after not having played the character that particular way in 25 years. It was like no time had passed. Something about McDiarmid's performance raised the quality of this film tenfold.

Mr. K

14. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    so how many times has everyone seen it now? i've seen it twice. yes, i know that's sad, but i'm dirt poor so yeah...

15. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    "HEY. Now THAT scene wasn't cool at all"

Ah, but it was sinisterly evil. they had NO IDEA, and that is the whole idea behind it. the entire temple was betrayed by not only one of their own, but the most powerful of them all. BUT, i do have to say, my favorite scene from the "good guys" was when obi wan and yoda stormed their way into the temple, and kicked some serious clone ass. when yoda impaled that trooper with his saber, everyone in the theatre cheered. i think yoda and obi wan were probably the best acting in the movie, aside from palpatine. the humor that went along with those two characters, and than the ultimate tests they had to face at the end, were one of the main reasons, i think, the movie was such a huge success. so, as much as i am a lover for the baddies, kudos to ewan and frank for making these characters really stand out in such a dark movie.[face_peace]=D=

16. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    so how many times has everyone seen it now? i've seen it twice. yes, i know that's sad, but i'm dirt poor so yeah...

Don't feel bad I only saw AOTC 4 times, and the first showing I saw of it was about maybe 2-3 weeks after it opened.

Anyway, counting the tickets I have for todays 4:10 showing, I have seen it 5 times now.

17. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    twice!! just did it tonight. doing it next week. i dont consider myself a person who will see it five times a week, but i will like to see it in theatres as much as possible, before its gone forever. than i will just buy it on dvd and watch it on my new 60 inch LCD high definition tv. anyone here seen it over 10 times yet?? lol

18. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I bet if you ask Bowen this question on Sunday, he will answer yes, I mean he allready has seen it 8 times allready.

It was funny, I took my gramma to ROTS yesterday and the only reaction to the film I noticed from her was when it was the close up of Leia's face. My gramma did a big "Aaaahhhh, how cute".

19. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    The Very Last Scene !!

As I said before, seeing the twin setting suns of Tatooine once again brought tears to my eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.