main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What is your favorite song of 2001?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
  2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I enjoyed Ozzy Osbourne's new album,'Down to Earth' and also liked the title song 'Save Me' by Remy Zero from the great series 'Smallville'.

And on a patriotic note, Celine Dion's singing of 'God Bless America' helped me through the weeks following the 9/11 attacks.

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Dropkick Murphy's "The Gauntlet," off the (pretty good) album "Sing Loud, Sing Proud" is phenomenal. Harsh, emotional, unforgiving... everything punk stood for and none of the usual 90s pseudo-bulls#it. One of the best punk songs (nea, one of the few real punk songs) of the past ten years.

Still, best song of the year belongs to a little instrumental piece on VNV Nation's "Genesis" single (from their as-yet-unreleased "latest" album) called "Weltfunk." It's nothing short of beautiful.

-Le Penguin
    "They won't get me
    They won't get me
    Though they never cease to try
    They won't get me
    They won't get me
    No, I'd rather fight and die"

4. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    parabola - tool

5. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park

The whole CD is great, I can't really say which songs is my favorite 'cuz i like them all... The ROCK!!!

6. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually like that new song from Linkin park. I think it's called "In the End." Very cool.

I don't know. It's hard to pick a favorite song. I thought U2 had some great stuff out this year and I think my fav would have to be "Elevation", though "Walk On" rocks, too. I really enjoyed the late Aaliyah, also. "We Need A Resolution" was a great song. I also enjoyed "Fallin'" by Alicia Keyes, lots of Aerosmith, and "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch.

7. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    delurking, digging up a slightly old thread...

some fave songs of 2001...

"Mississippi" off the latest Bob Dylan
    This record got ME through the week after 9/11, JodoKast. It actually came out that day, and i debated buying it, but i'm glad i did. somewhat of a tour through american music.

"Stuck in a Moment" off the latest U2
    I'm not necessarily a U2 fan, but I like this record a lot. And this neo-white soul junk Bono does, i'm a sucker for it.

"I'll Take the Rain" off Reveal by REM
    A summer record. Gentle, sweet, smart stuff. I like it all. Their best since Monster IMHO.

"For the Love of a Girl" by Young Fresh Fellows off their latest
    A discovery this year, though I think they've been around forever. So great. Power pop you could eat off of.

"Lady Marmalade" from Moulin Rouge
    Screw me? Screw you!

i could go on. i won't.

matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.