What is your favorite Star Wars battle, musically?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DjFoNiX, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling

star 1
    From prior questions..
    I didn't originally consider duels as a part of battles. But, since an overwhelming amount of people considered DOTF, I suppose duels are perfectly acceptable. As well as SOTE music, too. Because "The Destruction of Xizor's Palace" is splendid. I'm not too keen on Gall, though.
    I'm just surprised how many people like Hoth. I dunno what it is about it. But, I just don't really think Hoth is as up to par as the other battles. And, I especially don't think it's even near as good as the rest of the Empire soundtrack. Don't get me wrong.. Great track. And, under any other circumstances, it would be great. But, next to the rest, it just doesn't measure up.
    I also really enjoy "The Droid Invasion". However, I must agree with what someone said earlier... The real flaw that this entire battle faces is the jumping around of other music. However, if it was considered in its entirety, it really is good. It just doesn't have consistency.
    Someone else said that they liked "TIE Fighter Attack", which I must agree is probably one of the best action tracks in Star Wars. That and tracks like "Asteroid Field" or "The Pit of Carkoon", would, I suppose, be worthy, as well. Although, they're quite short. Thus, I originally thought of only using the major battles from each film.
    Still, hands down:
    Yavin
    When I hear it, I'm reminded of drinking Butterbeer. I have no idea what this fictional beverage tastes like. But, I can only imagine what it tastes like. And, that is what I taste when I hear this battle.. musically!
  2. Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling

star 1
  3. DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I just got through watching ANH on VHS..
    And, one thing I noticed, was that I really couldn't hear the music very well till the build-up at the end. With Hoth, Endor, Naboo, and Geonosis, the music was still very audible and good. But, with Battle of Yavin, the first half of the battle, the music was very hard to hear. I never really noticed this before.
    Then again.. at the same time.. When I first got Special Ed. Soundtrack, I finally realized how littered with drums that battle was, in the beginning. Because, one can barely hear that in the movie.

DjFoNiX
  4. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    The asteroid chase sequence in The Empire Strikes Back. Nothing can beat how the strings make the mood seem desparate, and the horns just add to the oppression and lack of hope in the situation. The introduction of a wider theme range in this part of the soundtrack was also spectacular. This is where Empire really seems to go down the drain for the good guys. They've lost their base, and the heros are divided. It's just a great part of the movie.
  5. -DarthMetallus- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Attacking a stardestroyer is the best.
  6. endangeredsp Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Battle of Hoth

The entire ESB soundtrack rocks. :)
  7. HanyBezem Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Into the Trap builds up the tension. I really liked that one.

But the battle of Hoth Is the winner i think.
  8. I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    it might not be a battle sequence but the asteroid chase music from ESB.....if that doesn't count as a battle then put me down for Duel of the Fates.....

....the cloner
  9. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I personally am a huge fan of the battle music for The Arena and following. The brass/woodwinds and their imperialistic swelling harmonies are just great, really conveys the tension of the struggle.
  10. itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am all about the Battle of Hoth.
  11. DarthShona Jedi Master

star 5
    Battle of Yavin, Duel of the Fates, and Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ.
  12. Darth_Nubian Jedi Master

star 4
    Though I love them all, these are my favorites in order:

1. Battle of Hoth
    2. Battle of Yavin
    3. Battle of Endor

I leave the battles of Geonosis and Naboo off because if John would have been given complete films to score for both PT movies, I have no doubt that they would have been just as good or better that their OT counterparts. I would wait until 2006 for episode 3 if it meant that George could deliver a completed film to John for scoring. And if they do a SE for the PT they should definitely let John re-score TPM and AOTC.

13. Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Anakin's death Scene and the final battle was so powerful in ROTJ. It said so much with just a few sad, sad and dark notes, musically. It made me wanna cry. It said that this Light was gone now. That Anakin turned back, but he was going to die anyway. They needed no words for that scene because of what the music was saying. It was so beautiful.
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.