main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Star Wars Collectible?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Jacen_Solo81, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Mine would be the teaser poster for Phantom Menace that my girlfriend gave me.

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    The 3-D cardboard pit droid Barnes and Noble had that i got, along with all the Lay's display cardboard cutout stuff i have.

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Lets see for me, I have a few things.
    I couldn't just pick one.

The poster the fan club sent out in 1980 before ESB was released. How do I have this since I was only 2, well I will tell you. My dad loved ANH after it came out, I make the joke my mom was pregnant with me, when they saw it. Anyway, my dad when I was real little bought me all the toys, I was a member of the fanclub and all that good stuff. Course I also had some rules for my toys. Couldn't take them outside or to nana's.

latest one would be my 12 inch vinyl Xizor statue .

4. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    A roll of wrapping paper with Star Wars print, from 1977 complete with date, still in shrink wrap.

*waves hand* It's for sale if you want it.

5. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    While it's so rare for the books to be considered "collectibles", I highly value my Star Wars book collection. I'm not the type who has to buy everything with a cover that says Star Wars on the front, but I do like my collection of novels, trade paperbacks, and Essential Guides. Also, "The Wildlife of Star Wars" has to be the most beautiful Star Wars book I own. It's simulated Dewback hide cover is awesome!

6. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    While I gave most of my meager collection of SW stuff to Paul a while back, I kept a few things. Like my set of Avon-Jedi Knights metal trading cards are cool, but my favorite would have to be the "official" Star Wars glycerine soap with the little figures inside. Make bathtime fun with all your favorite SW characters. An epic struggle for cleanliness in the galaxy.
    My fav. toy was the Tie Interceptor I had as a kid. Sadly, it got lost in one of the moves I made in the last couple of years.

7. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    heh I picked up that Xizor vinyl kit at Trek Expo.

My roommate got from his dad an copy of the original printing of the star wars paperback. That was kinda nifty.

I don't really have a favortie. On my TV sits my 12" boba fett, Beany Jabba, Yoda finger puppet and a Phantom Menance figure set with obiwan,QuiGon, and Maul still in the box. Somewhere I have a huge collection of Star War micro machines. Think they are at my grandparents in a box.

8. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    My mom got me a complete set of ROTJ trading cards, uncut, I believe from QVC or something. Nothing horribly special, but she got them framed in this custom, double-sided job that you can see the front and back of the sheet easily. It's very cool and sentimental more than anything.

9. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Way ta go, Mom!

That rocks!

10. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Thats cool Ed!

Mine isn't a model. Its like this vinyl statue, that I only saw at Suncoast the time SOTE was released.

Hehe course last week we went to Gardner's and they had like 12 of them.

11. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I've got my Pizza Hut Yoda Answer Cube, from which I obtain answers to all of my important life questions.

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    "Clouded the Futre is"

"A Jedi Skywalker will Be"

"Mine! Or i will help you not!"

"I can not Teach him"

"Taste like chicken Ewoks do."

13. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Not exactly sure which is my favorite but I have a handful of Star Wars kitch on display in my office. On my monitor is both the 12" and 4" Darth Mauls on Interceptors... and the Beanie Darth Maul. On my wall are 5 figures from the Star Wars Expanded Universe figure set (Sith Luke, Jedi Leia, Clone Palpatine, Mara Jade, and Admiral Thrawn), on the opposite wall is hanging a near mint first printing Star Wars Soundtrack LP I found one day while junking. Over on my shelving unit are several Applause vinyl statues (Xizor, Dash Rendar, Wedge, Speeder Leia, Tusken Raider, Emperor, and Jabba Guard Lando). So since those are displayed I figure one of those is my favorite heh. Also displayed prominantly is a Japanese Cloud Strife Figure, Vash the Stampede Figure, Nikolaus Wolfwood figure, US Vash the Stampede figure, Samurai Spawn, Clown Biker Akira Figure, Kaneda Akira Figure, Link Figure, Gannondorf Figure, Zelda Figure, Gandolf Figure...

Needless to say got lots of geeky figures on display heh.

14. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I like the "odd" little things that I find at cons or just in flee markets or garage sales. Not really "collecter" material, but fun stuff never the less. My dad travels to Germany every few months or so and the gets these chocolate eggs with these little surprise toys inside. Lucas has actually licensed the Kinder egg company to do a SW Happy Hippo set. They are so cute!!! They are these little blue hippos dressed as Obi Wan (hippo in dark hooded robe with saber), Prin. Leia (hippo in flowing white dress and the bun hair do) and so on. I now have Leia, Obi Wan, and Yoda. Hopefully the rest are in with this set. Of course they aren't sold in the USA, so if I don't get the whole set, I am SOL until dad goes back. Of course, I LOVE anything creature related.

Ice Queen

15. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I like my "Star Wars Rocks" poster from the Insider, mainly for the reaction from people who've never seen it before! [face_laugh]

16. DARTH_TRAE

DARTH_TRAE Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    My favorite collectables are:
    1.The 3 special edition posters i have lined up on my wall.
    2.My toy AT-AT that I actually opened out of the box (gasp!)
    3. A Darth Vader statue with his fist raised and foot standing on a rebel helmet.
    4. A Subway poster of Darth Maul. (unfortunatly it is too big to hang up in my room. I'll do something with it someday when I move out.)

17. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *in best comic book store guy voice*

"Worst collection ever."

This is to no one, just something i felt like saying, so laugh already now.

18. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Trae, you have the Maul subway poster...Thats just awesome!

I always wanted to get that, but I knew I wouldn't have the wall space for it.

Heh actually the trick would be convincing Billy, exactly why I need that poster. ;)

19. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Because he loves you, that should be enough. right? Right? Billy? eh?

20. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    hehe

Hey I'm happy with my small batch of Maul items. :)

21. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    (Psssst... Just go with it Kenzi... this guilt stuff almost always works on us guys, unless its for another pair of shoes, then we are immune)

22. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    LOL!

I'm not too bad on the shoe thing, unless its summer and I want sandals.

Hehehe

I think Billy's immune to my scary movies. Cause if its scary I want to see it.

So some of us have shoes , while other have scary movies. ;)

23. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Kenzi, can you tell me how any of that immunity can rob off of Billy & on to Mike! He hates scary movies & I love them... most of them anyway!

24. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I wish I knew.....

Jaimme, if you ever in the mood for scary movies call me! I love them! I am always up for a scary movie, granted most of them are cheesey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.