main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho What is your favorite Star Wars film?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Mar 2, 2006.

?

What is your favorite Star Wars film?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Attack of the Clones

14.3%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A New Hope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Empire Strickes Back

28.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

42.9%
  7. They're all my favorite!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Impossible to choose

14.3%
  9. I hate them all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Star Wars?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Here it is. The question of questions for SW fans. Have at it!

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    My vote went to Attack of the Clones. I know many of you who know me well are probably saying, "what?" Well, it comes down to a matter of emotional attachment to the film.

Growing up, I had the OT pounded into me by my brother and good friend Nate. It wasn't long before I was a diehard fan. My brother moved to Oregon for a short time for college and my parents flew me down so I could see the re-release of ANH with him. That experience was amazing. It forever placed SW on a whole new level for me. I remember the audience breaking with laughter when the stromtrooper hits his head...something I'd never noticed until then. And the roars of cheering for character appearances was deafening, especially Han Solo.
    Expecting The Phantom Menace for several years after that was really hard. I know all the fans can relate. At the time I was in high school and the line for the film wrapped around the theatre with literally hundreds of tents. Eric can confirm that one...I think we have some pics on our website?
    It was heaven of sorts. But I wasn't allowed to see the midnight showing because of my high school finals...something I'm still upset with my mother about!:mad:
    So I saw it the next night...
    [face_money_eyes]
    I was blown away. So it shocked me when a lot of the reactions I was hearing were so negative.
    I understand that negativity on some level now, though I'll never agree with it.[face_not_talking]
    My brother sadly fell into that category, losing the interest that once so influenced me...
    In the end I saw TPM 28 times in the cinema, including dollar show viewings.
    It was a matter of making up for all my OT viewings I guess.
    TPM remains one of my favorite films...
    But Attack of the Clones is where it all really started for me. Because of my bad experience of not seeing TPM on opening, I grabbed my stuff from my dads, packed it up in my truck, and pitched my tent at Edwards a whole month and a half in advance! I honestly don't know what I was thinking...it was mostly making up for missing out with TPM I guess.
    But that's where I met Eric. That's where I met Ron. And that's where I met Marc, our founder and many of the other people involved in our club. The shear experience alone of being outside the theatre so early was enough fun to last a lifetime...Eric can share many of those stories...SHUT OFF THAT DAMN MUSIC!!!:oops:
    It was weird being first in line for tickets to then leave for Celebration II before tickets even went on sale. My brother took my place and purchased all my tickets for me (they just had to schedule the ticket sales and CII at the same time...brillant).[face_beatup]
    But what happened at CII really concretes my love for AOTC. The first night there I recieved a phone call that my younger brother (Brandon, my friend who was like a brother) had been killed.
    It shattered my world, transforming in minutes my heavens of sorts, to a hellish nightmare.
    This experience was much of the same one Anakin experiences with his mother in AOTC. He felt guilty about her death, was angered, crushed and changed forever.
    It was exactly the same with me.
    Seeing Clones without Brandon there was heartbreaking...and it has forever cemented the film as my true favorite.
    Now, I tell people usually that my current favorite is Revenge of the Sith. That's true, from a certain point of view. Its the one I've seen least so I haven't watched it enough yet...and lets face it, ROTS is a fine film!
    My experience seeing ROTS was exactly the opposite from AOTC. Our whole club camped out and I think I can speak for everyone in saying we had the time of our lives.
    Projecting the films up against the wall at night and playing the video games, sleeping in the drippy tent...all of it was worth it. All of it was amazing.
    And the film layed the icing on the cake.
    Celebration III being the actual cake I think.
    The experience of that is something for another thread itself, which I'll put up sometime soon so we can all regal our tales of the horrors, wonders and shear delights of the Con.

3. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    I think the Star Wars Saga is great just for the friendships alone that it has created. I am very blessed in that regard.

For me it is a very close call. I camped out for all three films in the prequel trilogy. Met Kasey, Ron, and Marc. Enjoyed the music and the rain, but espically loved the wind and the intellegent questions from the passers by. But as all who camped out will say, i wouldn't have missed it for anything.

i was the first person to buy tickets for ROTS at both Edwards and the Majestic (I bought the first tickets ever sold there). I saw the first digital showing of Sith in the state of Idaho.

Revenge of the Sith is a tremendous movie, a very hard choice to leave at No. 2.

Ah, Episode V:The Empire Strikes Back.i still remeber that May afternoon in 1980 when my sister and I went to see ESB at the Fairview cinemas (it a car dealership now). i remember how incredible the Battle of Hoth was the first time. To this day it probably my favorite Star Wars Battle sequence. I remember how shocking it was when lukes face was revealed in the cave on dagobah. And of course the devestating revelation by Vader that he was Luke's father. the worst feeling i had that day was when the film ended and nothing was resolved. Wow the movie had a little of everything.

I would say i am a bit more of a fan of the Original Trilogy, but all the Star Wars films are incredible. They tell one great story and each part is very important to the big picture.

STAR WARS IS FOREVER

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    what is my favorite 1 there is no one the question needs to be rephrased as what is my favorite chapter.

But I love them All with out one would not have a story complete.

My favorite from the OT chapters is Chapter 5 ESB
    and My Favorite from the PT is Chapter 3 ROTS

reason why more dark in both of these chapters and they tell alot more of the story in depth.

5. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Return of the Jedi!!!

-Rancor!!! And other things in Jabba's Palace, like Leia in slave girl outfit and Female Twi'leks(the Male Twi'leks are also cool)!
    -The Emperor!!![face_skull]
    -Luke Jedi(wearing black, and Green Lightsaber)!!!:cool:

And most of all...
    -Endor and the Ewoks!!![face_dancing]

6. MutantMix

MutantMix Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I voted Empire Strikes Back.

I remember my sister elbowing me in the theater when I shouted "NOOooOO!" along with Luke. I think I was either 6 or 7 and in the 2nd grade. After that I was hooked. I wanted to use the force, I wanted to be a jedi, and I wanted to live in the SW universe. lol

Empire means a lot to me because it's how I was introduced to SW. I also remember an essay we had to write in 7th grade on "What we wish the world was like" or something like that. Well I think you can guess that I named mine,"If the world was like SW" heh. It turned out my English teacher was a huge star wars fan and had me read it aloud to the class. Back then I was a huge closet nerd and didn't want all my 'cool' friends to know I was such a huge dork. I was almost in tears...*sniff* "And I just think if the president was a jedi... *sniff* there would be world peace." lol

The OT were my favorite movies and when Phatom Menece came out I saw with my mom, brothers, and my brothers wife. I think that was the one that really made me a fanatic. I went out and bought tons of posters and I remember my Jar Jar stand up that I absolutely loved. (( That's right! I think Jar Jar is the bomb!))

Star Wars will be apart of my life for a long as that is.:D

"Always in motion, the future is." -Yoda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.