main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Star Wars theme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 30, 2005.

?

What is your favorite Star Wars theme?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Duel Of The Fates

9.1%
  2. Across The Stars

10.4%
  3. Battle Of The Heroes

8.2%
  4. Luke's Theme (Main Title)

9.5%
  5. Force Theme (Ben's Theme)

24.7%
  6. Leia's Theme

3.0%
  7. The Imperial March

15.2%
  8. Han/Leia Love Theme

10.0%
  9. Yoda's Theme

3.9%
  10. Other (please specify)

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    ...General Grievous's theme.

2. Xile

Xile Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    Trade Fed march all the way, however It doesn't quite make it past the almighty IM.

3. Chesterix

Chesterix Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    1. Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, The Force Theme, The Droid Invasion, Across the Stars
    2. Imperial March, ANH ceremony, Luke and Leia theme, Death Star theme, Main theme
    3. Asteroid Field, Vader defeats Luke, Han and Leia theme, Yoda's theme, Anakins Dark Deeds
    4. Rescue of the Princess, Princess Leia theme, Emperor theme, General Grievous theme, Escape from Cloud City
    5. Endor Forest Battle, Cantina theme, Binary Sunset, Into the Trap, Battle of Hoth, Jabba Theme, Ice Planet Hoth, TPM Augie, ROTJ Victory Celebration, Flight to Cloud City, Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious...

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I went with the Force theme, but really, it all depends on my mood. The Imperial March is one of my favorites and I like Across the Stars as well. But like now, Í couldn't listen to the Imperial March. So I'd prefer to put on something lighter, more mystical- like the Force theme.

5. jediprson

jediprson Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    The Main Theme was the best. after all, it is the first song in the movie.(not including the 20th Century Fox Fanfare)

6. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Thought I should post this here.

A new compilation of Star Wars concert suites is currently in the works. The album will feature music from all six Star Wars films, newly recorded by Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. Recording sessions took place earlier this month, for a fall 2006 release.

Can I expect a Grievous concert arrangement?:cool:

7. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I think "Battle of the Heroes" is the only concert arrangement from Sith.

But you never know.

8. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    definitly duel of the fates it sounds so good!!!

9. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Err? What about "Anakins' Dark Deeds" ? "Anakin's Betrayal", and "Padmé's Destiny" (well that's actually probably just a remix).

10. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    "Duel of the Fates" barely beats "Battle of the Heros" for me. TPM has the best overall soundtrack, IMO.

11. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005

I adore Anikin's Betrayal, made better because its over looked by so many on the board by the more over-done, to the point of becoming trite, main theme ect.

12. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    A concert arrangement is an alternate/expanded version of a cue or an extrapolation of a theme intended for performance at concerts or inclusion on compilation CDs, not the original score. It doesn't mean "good cues." ;)

13. Wester547

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm not talking about decent cues, I'm refering to cues with concert arrangements, alternate or not alternate. Which is why I listed Anakin's Dark Deeds (some choir here and there) and Anakin's Betrayal (reminiscent of BOTH).

14. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Neither of which are a concert arrangement or a theme.

15. SimplyWillNotDie

SimplyWillNotDie Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2004
    I'll make a short sweet list

1.Luke's Theme
    2.The Force
    3.Carbon Freeze/Darth Vader's Trap/Departure of Boba Fett
    4.Lea's Theme
    5.Imperial March
    6.Yoda's Theme
    7.Emperor's Theme

That's all.

16. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    [face_frustrated]

17. Wester547

Nov 5, 2004
    Well it was conspisciously conducted in the London Symphony Orchestra, that's for certain! :rolleyes:

18. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    That makes absolutely no sense. Choir is considered concert arrangement? Cues that are reminiscent of "Battle of the Heroes"? A concert arrangement is a cue not recorded for the film. It's something written in the composers own time not specifically intended for the film to be scored. It's usually a modification of an actual film cue, but sometimes it is completely original from anything in the film's score (e.g. "The Imperial March," "Yoda's Theme").

19. LOTRFreak4488

LOTRFreak4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Duel of the Fates. Definitely!

20. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    I have no idea on how he came up with that, Cerrabore. You would have done alright if you had said Anakin's Betrayal, but I prefer to think of that as a Reprise, rather than a theme.

21. Star_jedi_33

Star_jedi_33 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    battle of the heros

22. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    what about the cantina music? is that in here under another name? if not it should be in here, thats gotta be up near the top in the list. along with imperial march and main theme

23. masterevad

masterevad Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2005
    My personal favorite is Duel of the Fates. That song just gets me pumped. Then it would have to be The Throne Room. That song is just cool.

24. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Those are both very nice pieces of music. However, you might take it under advisement that they are not "songs," since songs use the voice as a primary instrument; they have words (I know there are words in Duel of the Fates, but I think it was decided that "choral piece" would be a more accurate term). The pertinent terms around here would be cue, track, or in this case theme.

I threw another vote in the Force theme pile. It's always good. Second place might go to the Han/Leia love theme.

25. Darth_Orcus

Darth_Orcus Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Imperial March

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.