main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite Star Wars track?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by SexyStarWarschic, May 9, 2003.

1. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Picking one would be physically impossible. Excluding concert suites, here are *several* of my favorite tracks from each film:

TPM: The Flag Parade, The Droid Invasion, Qui-Gon's Noble End, The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral

AOTC: Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant, Jango's Escape, Return to Tatooine, Love Pledge and the Arena, Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale

ANH: Imperial Attack, Binary Sunset, Burning Homestead, Ben Kenobi's Death/Tie Fighter Attack, The Battle of Yavin, The Throne Room/End Title

TESB: The Battle of Hoth, The Asteroid Field, Yoda and the Force, The Clash of Lightsabers, Rescue from Cloud City/Hyperspace

ROTJ: Approaching the Death Star, The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault, The Emperor Arrives/The Death of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation, The Battle of Endor (Into the Trap, The Dark Side Beckons, The Emperor's Death, Darth Vader's Death), Light of the Force, Victory Celebration

:cool:

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    For me, its got to be

Imperial March / Dual of the Fates / Across the Stars...

His new songs are just so great, and no one can mess with the Imperial March!

3. lucasmilfltd

lucasmilfltd Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    Has to be FINALE from Empire.3 magnificent themes rounded out by the most magnificent coda in film music history.God bless you,John.Been listening to that track for 24 years and it's still the best I ever heard.

4. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I have to agree with the above poster about the "End Title" from ESB. It's my favorite end title ever and the last 30 or so seconds constitute the best finale music I've ever heard.

5. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    Imperial March is powerful

6. Dark_Prince_Xizor

Dark_Prince_Xizor Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2003
    I'm very into "The Dark Side Beckons" aka The final duel from ROTJ...

So powerful...

Do people agree? So haunting...i'm hoping for something similarly powerful in Ep.3...

Hmmm this track and sequence from ROTJ (Luke hacking at Vader) makes me continually debate which movie i like more...ESB or ROTJ....ESB is best overall but ROTJ has THAT music and THAT duel...

So tough:)

7. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Dark Side Beckons is very good...

The nameless choir is very mesmerizing...

Kind of like the one in Dual of the Fates!

:D

8. jirskyr

jirskyr Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    ESB has probably the most complete score and themes, but ANH probably contains the best cues of the whole 5 movies.

"Imperial Attack" is one of the top Star Wars cues, with excellent pacing for the intensity of the cruiser boarding. I love the interjection of Vader/Imperial and Leia motifs. The highlight is the fantasy strings as the droids escape in the pod to the planet's surface.

"The Death Star / The Stormtroopers" has a great take on the end counter of the Star Wars main theme, with a stilted presentation, underscored by stabbing bass strings, before firing into a threatening brass delivery. John Williams always has great brass power chords. This track leads into "Wookiee Prisoner / Detention Block Ambush" which ends with the brilliant detention firefight music.

Other highlights include the beautiful rendition of the Force Theme during "Hologram, The / Binary Sunset" (as Luke watches the twin Tatooine suns setting). This theme is used perfectly again in "Burning Homestead" as Luke realises the droids have endangered his aunt and uncle - powerful climbing cellos launch into a frantic brass blast of the force theme as Luke rides his speeder, relenting into a tragic string interpretation as he sees the charred corpses. Masterfully this works into the Imperial motif, indicating the culprit as the movie swipes to the Death Star.

Another action highlight is when the Falcon gets attacked after fleeing the Death Star part way through "Ben-Kenobi's Death / Tie Fighter Attack". The piece begins with tense orchestral jingling as Luke and Han prepare the gun turrets and then crescendos into a racing offbeat staccato, again incorporating part of the SW main theme. This portion is used once more in ROTJ during the "Battle of Endor III" as the rebels penetrate the Death Star shields.

There is then of course the "Cantina band" alien swing, the entire "Battle of Yavin" and undoubtedly the brass fanfare as the hero's walk up for their medals at the start of "Throne Room, The / End Title".

John Williams is a genius. Hardly another other composer writes soundtracks that you can then continuously listen to in their entirety. Its more than just memorable themes, but a consistent brilliant quality throughout the score.

9. Condawn

Condawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2003
    Bens Death and Tie Fighter attack
    (original Star Wars)

10. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    I would have to say the Imperial March (ESB), The New and Old Ewok Celebration and End Credits,(ROTJ), Duel of Fates (TPM), Across the Stars, which I think is very powerful, same with the Duel,(AOTC) and I can't wait to here what is put into ROTS that is going to be the theme for that. :D

11. StarWarsFan2005

StarWarsFan2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Duel Of The Fates
    The Darkside Beckons(sp?)
    The Imperial March (Darth Vaders Theme)
    Jango's Escape

12. voorheesdude

voorheesdude Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    In ROTJ, I love the drama of the choir track that plays exactly after Vader says maybe Leia would turn to the dark side and Luke goes "NEVER!!". It plays through those moments before Vader losts his hand. Can anyone tell me the name of that Track?

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    It's called "The Dark Side Beckons". It's a great cue, and this is one of our "Frequently Asked Questions". :)

14. voorheesdude

voorheesdude Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I found out in other thread eariler :) I plan on using that in a light saber scene i'm filming. Love that Cue :D

15. PT_Thran

PT_Thran Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    Across the Stars

no doubt - it's the best track ever

16. RA-7

RA-7 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2003
    Well, I really don't have a favorit track - I love it all!

But there is a certain passage in "Han Solo and the princess" from ESB that I find very moody.
    It is about 2.20 into the track, where Vader is talking with the Emperor hologram.
    I think it is so cool. Funny nobody never mention it...

17. SW_Classifieds

SW_Classifieds Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    They are all good of course, but I like the Final Duel in ROTJ best.

18. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I love so many of these tracks...

5. Droid Invasion Theme
    4. RotJ Victory Celebration- SE (not Yub-Yub :p)
    3. Across the Stars
    2. The Force Theme- Binary Sunset

1. Whatever the music over the "Never!!!" scene is called.

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    "The Dark Side Beckons".

20. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    //sticks head round door

Any "songs" here?

21. revan796

revan796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    my favourite song would be the imperial walk

22. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I prefer the Imperial Strut.

23. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    //sings to the tune of "Stray Cat Strut"

"Black and red suit yeah standing on a ledge,
    Ain't got enough pull to sway that kid,
    He jumped off but I don't care --
    I storm right out get my shuttle in the air.

Imperial Strut, I'm a dark side guy
    A Dark Lord of the Sith; now don't you cry
    Get some junk thrown at you from your mean old man,
    Tell you I'm your daddy and cut off your hand."

24. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I have a very hard time picking just one. Suffice it to say, I don't Star Wars would be what it is without Williams music. I got to see John Williams conduct the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for the 2002 Olympics in person. Even though it was just the Olympic theme, it was still a thrill to see him conduct one piece he wrote in person.

25. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    I can't choose one, so here are my favorites:

"Across the Stars"
    "Duel of the Fates"
    "May the Force be With You"
    "Augie's Great Municiple Band/End Credits"
    "The High Council Meeting/Qui-Gon's Funeral"
    "Qui-Gon's Noble End"
    "Love Pledge/The Arena"

and I'm sure there's more....