What is your favorite SW movie?

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 7, 2004.

?

What is your favorite SW movie?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
The Phantom Menace 1 vote(s) 3.1%
Attack of the Clones 3 vote(s) 9.4%
EPISODE III 1 vote(s) 3.1%
A New Hope 10 vote(s) 31.3%
Empire Strikes Back 9 vote(s) 28.1%
Return of the Jedi 8 vote(s) 25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    With all this talk of events, meeting, and stuff...nobody has ever asked which of the SW films we all like. Remember, we're all SW fans to begin with.

Plus it's a good chance to get everyone's take on each of the films!

3. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Phantom Menace...I know it is almost everyones least favorite one...but that was the one that REALLY got me started in SW, I have to love it the most!!
  4. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    And how are we going to vote for Ep3? :p I voted for AOTC. I really liked the way that this movie was made, but my 2nd Favorite would have to be ROTJ. I love the Endor battle!
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Everyone's favorite should be Empire! :D
  6. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I was 5 in 1977. Do I need to say anything more?
  7. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    ANH started it all. I was six when it came out, and I still remember watching the Death Star trench run on the big screen... it was like I was sitting in the cockpit. V & VI were good (Leia in the slave outfit and the last battle scene outweighed the cute, fuzzy things). The last two films seemed to rely too much on CGI/FX, but were good nonetheless.

ANH will always be at the top of the list for me :)

8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    The Jedi are my favorite characters, and they are in their peak during the prequels. We don't see many Jedi in action other than Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in TPM, so I'm gonna have to go with AOTC. I also like this movie because it is the one that really starts the main story of the Empire and Anakin's transformation into Vader when watching the films in chronological order, and has had the best action out of all the films (released thusfar). That, and Natalie looked oh so good. ;) However, once Episode III comes out, I think it can easily become my favorite. Guess I just have to wait the 14 months left!!!
  9. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I said Episode III. Time travel is easier then everyone thinks....hehehehehehe....
  10. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTJ, without hesitation!! Gotta love the last 40 minutes of the movie, intense!! This was also the only original trilogy movie I saw in theaters back in the days, I was 7... I remember my little sister trying to look for starfighters in the theater because of the sound! :) And Palpatine really creeped me out as a kid, I couldn't believe someone could have such bad teeth...
    Plus, we get to hear Boba Fett scream like a little girl!!
  11. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Ludo on that one. I love ROTJ and I love it win Leia kicks Jabba's butt! :)
  12. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone's favorite should be Empire!

My least favorite is Empire, right next to ROTJ!!!
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Definitely A New Hope. It's where it all started. :D
    In addition, it was made to stand alone if necessary. That gets extra points in my book.

But Empire is a close second--Leia and Han [face_love]
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    For whatever reason, when I get in the mood to watch a SW movie...I typically reach for ESB on instinct! Mostly, because there is just so much action: battle of Hoth, chasing the Falcon, Luke's training, Leia and company's escape from Cloud City, not to mention the greatest swordfight (before the prequels). Then of course, there is just the overall life wisdom that comes from Yoda's scenes. And ESB was the movie that really made Darth Vader into an ico of evil; the scene where he ambuses Luke (right before the end of their duel) and is just hammering away is still one of the classic images I have of the SW saga.

ANH was right behind...classic movie!

AOTC is growing in my opinion...because having been to Lake Como, I have a personal connection with the film that most people can't experience.

TPM was good, loved to see jedi in their prime! And the podrace was probably one of the most exciting scenes (from an editor's perspective) And there is always "duel of the fates" which until EPisode III may be the biggest swordfight of them all.

ROTJ had some good moments...but just comes up short overall.
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that a lot of people have critisized AotC (mostly for dialogue reasons :p). But I really liked it. :D I guess my idea of what Star Wars has been altered by all the SW books that I have read. I just enjoyed seeing Obi-Wan go to other worlds and see other species that exist. While watching it on the opening night, I could see that some might have thought that it dragged a bit. But I loved every minute of it. :D
  16. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! I voted for ROTJ (and I refuse to say how old I was when it came out) ;) but ESB and AOTC are close seconds. I just loved the scenes between Luke and Vader with the Emperor, how Vader finally redeemed himself, how Luke would not turn to the Dark Side and tossed away his light saber plus the opening scenes on Tattoine with Luke (and R2) rescuing everyone there! :D I know people expected me to say AOTC because of Obi-Wan. [face_love] I also have to give Honorable Mention to the "Duel of the Fates" in TPM. That part was so exciting!
  17. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked AotC. I had the best (and the most) action scenes in it. I also like the Jedi as my favorite group of characters and on top of that seeing the Clonetroopers in action was awesome too!
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    the opening scenes on Tattoine with Luke (and R2) rescuing everyone there!
    The battle at the Sarlacc was one of the classic moments of the SW saga...just good-old fashioned good guys fighting for their lives in a grossly outnumbered situation. Not to mention, I could never look at a diving board...without wanting to do that Luke backflip :D

I think the lightsaber duel between Luke/Vader in the Emperor's throneroom had more drama behind it, but after the knock-down-drag-out brawl on Bespin...it just seemed to come up short! The best part was when Luke went ballistic and started wailin' away on Darth Vader!

I also like the Jedi as my favorite group of characters and on top of that seeing the Clonetroopers in action was awesome too!
    Jedi are my favorite as well...so it was great to see the entire jedi order in action. As for the Clonetroopers, I just remember (at CII) watching those "occupation: clonetrooper" commercials thinking like the guy from Superman II:

Man, this is gonna be GOOD!
    (just a little obscure movie reference for ya'll...enjoy)
  19. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    ESB - the first (and best) SW movie i ever saw
  20. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    Only 1 person likes Episode I? That's sad! What about the amazing pod race and Jar Jar? They were both pretty cool! :)
  21. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I also liked Episode I (I know I'm one of the few) but I wouldn't call it my favorite. If you have surround sound the Podrace scene is one of the best scenes from any movie to display what 5.1 can do to make you feel like you're right in the action! It is however definately in my list of top 5 SW movies [face_mischief]!
  22. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    The Podrace is awesome to watch. We have surround sound and a large screen TV so that part is really exciting to watch. I do like the Duel between Darth Maul/Qui-Gon and Obi-wan. However it is too sad when Qui-Gon dies. :(

Despite popular opinion I do think Jar Jar is a pretty cute addition to the Star Wars family! ;)
  23. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I really like ROTJ. It has and always will be my favorite.

But I love the movies for the exciting spaceship scens, like the Episode IIs Jango Fettasteroid field chase and its Battle Geonosis, ESB's Battle of Hoth and Han's astroid gambit, ANH's Battle of Yavin and escape from the Deathstar squence, and finally Episode I's podrace squence (sorry but the rest of that movie kinda isn't as exciting and the others).
  24. ashliepink Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Almost all of us grew up with "Star Wars" (as it was known then) as the beginning of the SW saga. And despite the prequels, it does serve as the begining of the second act...in the overall SW universe.

I always liked the scenes where Luke/Leia are seperated from Han/Chewie. Especially when Luke and Leia are trapped on the ledge, with stormtroopers firing down on them. TO me, that scene is one of the classic moments in SW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.