main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite SW movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 7, 2004.

?

What is your favorite SW movie?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

3.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

9.4%
  3. EPISODE III

3.1%
  4. A New Hope

31.3%
  5. Empire Strikes Back

28.1%
  6. Return of the Jedi

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    So far I've liked them all except for Ep2. But Empire is the best. :D

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_shocked] You didn't like AotC?
    I certainly liked that one much better than TPM!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Of the prequels, I think I like AOTC slightly more then TPM. Nothing terribly wrong with TPM...just more stuff in AOTC that I liked better:
    Lake Como...been there, done that!
    Clone Wars...enough said
    Bringing prominent EU character onto the big screen...uniting EU and films as cannon!

4. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    PM & AOTC aren't bad films- they have their good points and bad ones. They have plenty to show, but seem to rely too much on CGI FX to move the story along. I like character interaction more then expensive computer gimmicks. I guess growing up with the first three movies sort of made an impression on me- I can still sit down today and enjoy watching them, even though they may be considered 'primative FX'by todays standards.

5. jcsgirl4ever

jcsgirl4ever Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    I would have to go with the original. If it wasn't for Star Wars my parents might not have begun dating (SW was their first date, even though my mom had already seen it) and where would that have left me?

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I certainly liked that one much better than TPM!

Ah, come on...TPM wasn't THAT bad!!! After all it is what started it all again for us (and really got me into SW!!!)

7. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    It is really hard to pick among the movies because I like them all SOOOOO much. But Return of the Jedi is probaby my favorite. There are so many memorable scenes-Jabba's Palace, Luke throwing down his lightaber and proclaiming that he is a Jedi like his father before him, the speeder bike chase, the redemption of Anakin, and Anakin, Obi-won, and Yoda's spirits reunited. And I may be the only person on the planet, but I actually like the Ewoks. I like the idea that anyone, no matter how unlikely, can be a hero. This theme runs throughout all of the Star Wars movies, but no one fills the role of the unlikely hero more than the Ewoks.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I like the ewoks...and not just because of any notion of them beign "cute teddy bears" meant to help market the movie to kids. You like the ewoks for the same reason you cheer for the Hobbits in LOTR...because they are just simple beings, who get involved in a battle between good and evil.

9. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    Ewoks.. yeah, those cute, fuzzy-wuzzy little twerps with their cute little hang gliders and their little pointy sticks...

I think George was smokin' a huge rock when he came up with those :p

That reminds me... I need to make an Ewok pelt for my 'trooper costume [face_devil]

10. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    I think that a lot of the "Ewok bashers" forget what Star Wars really is-a big budget chidren's movie! So I say let the kid in you enjoy the Ewoks!

11. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Watch out! I heard the Ewoks United Liberation Front is heading this way! [face_mischief] (Actually, I like Ewoks too.)

12. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I like Ewoks too. Especially with barbecue sauce. [face_devil]

13. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    things with the CRs and RSAs have calmed down, and ewok bashing has kinda resumed, so it looks like i should put my normal sig back in...

hehehehe

-b-

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    twerps with their cute little hang gliders
    You know...the hang-gliders that dropped rocks on stormtroopers heads. Be careful who you make fun of ;) I mean it took AT-STs to drive those little "teddy bears" back...and even they got tripped up by the Ewoks. RESPECT the teddy bear! :D

15. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    Sure... I LOOOOVE Ewoks... beer-basted and roasting on a spit over an open fire [face_mischief]

I hear there's a bounty on Ewok pelts... about 100 cr each?

A huntin' we will go... a huntin' we will go...<whistles>

Well... just like anything in the movies, Krash- it's ALL in the SCRIPT!

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I had to vote the original of all of them. It could still stand on it's own if no others were produced. Sure we would have had questions like: What happened to Vader (but could have assumed he died in space and also we could have assumed the Empire was defeated when the death star blew up)
    just MHO though

(hope you don't mind me "krash"ing your boards...ha ha)

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    hope you don't mind me "krash"ing your boards...ha ha
    No problem, "mi jedi temple es su temple" as far as I'm concerned...making Krash jokes (and no, I don't like Dave Matthews Band) is gonna get you smacked upside the head at Pittsburgh ComiCon ;)

18. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I chose "Empire" because it had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen in carbonite and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

;)

19. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    now now no unitarian weddings (dressed as stormtroopers , one is a b. the other the butch)

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ESB isn't all about the bad guys winning...there is the intorduction (from the movie audience's perspective) of Yoda. This was also the movie where Han and the Milennium Falcon got to show off a bit in the asteroid chase scene.

The scene that really locks ESB as one of the best (if not #1) movies in the saga is the lightsaber duel on Bespin. As a kid...watch Luke Skywalker stare down Darth Vader is the type of stuff we kids pretended to do in our backyards.

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I love that scene, too, Geoff. Especially when Luke gets up onto the platform with Vader. The scene is dark with the exception of the lights on the flooring. Lightsabers are ignited.
    Good stuff. :D

22. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    Most people answer Empire when posed with this question for various different reasons. However, for me I have always been partial to the original. I love all of the triligy, but Empire leaves you unfinished. Star Wars or A New Hope as it's now called was basically finished at the end, no real cliff hanger (Vader got away...big deal). Star Wars is the only movie that if Lucas decided to stop there it could have stood alone. And seeing for the first time as a kid everything was just so different from anything I'd ever seen before. It's a good memory.

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Exactly why I think it's the best. :)

24. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    Great minds...

25. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I've always loved Return of the Jedi, and after a five-night long Star Wars marathon, my mind has not changed. After watching TPM, AotC seemed really good in comparison (the acting really leaves something to be desired though, and I watched it with a ton of theatre majors). Nothing touches the original trilogy, though. And RotJ is just a super finish to the trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.