main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Nuvo Vindi, Admiral Trench, Mother Talzin - I love weirdos ;)
    I must also admit that generally the whole collection of one-off characters is one of my favourite aspects of CW series :)

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Numa. The "Newt" of TCW, and the source of some of the coolest clone humanizing we've yet seen.

Sinube was cool as well, but, like Embo, Mar Tuuk and some of the others, I sort of assume there will be future appearances. I guess that might even apply to Numa, but her deployment within that self-contained episode was pitch-perfect, and her appearance on Waxer and Boil's armor in Point Rain was awesome.

3. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    So it looks I'm the only one who's said 99 so far? Didn't expect that! He was such a noble, tragic, and selfless figure, I'm not gonna lie, watching him get shot down is a really powerful moment for me, and then the clones saying "he really was one of us"... :_| Classic.

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey, I loved 99 too. His pointless death was really sad.

But in levels of awesomeness nothing beats the pwnage that Monkey Lizard from Bounty Hunters delivered. [face_skull]

5. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Haha, don't worry H_J, if you said anybody other than Monkey Lizard, I'd be greatly disappointed. [face_laugh]

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    99 was yet another annoyingly obvious "little person doing big things" moment.

7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Gree. =P

Naw.. I think I'd go with Numa =)

8. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Hmmm, for some strange reason I seem to remember him being a character they developed over two episodes and not a "moment"...

I've noticed that your complaints have a tendency to be about what you think the writers are going for, rather than detailing something's particular flaws.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    General Whorm Loathsom, would love to see him come back in a jail break episode.

Since the movie was at one time episodes I'm counting him, he also had a cameo in an episode.

I'd also love an episode showing how he was a legend in the Inner Core. (A Separatist Victory episode would be sweet.)

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I also would like to see such prequels.... and i'm so hoping for prison break- they could reuse those models- they love reusing models so why not- Loathsom, Durd, Vindi, Tambor, Poggle, Bossk, Boba and San Hill who was captured in old CW but never released in EU or anything[face_laugh] - still he is in ROTS- some have been waiting for Hill's escape since 2003.... hey come on- show it finally please[face_praying]

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    There's also the Neimoidian that was with San Hill that was captured, I'm thinking they should make him be Rune Haako.

He's wearing the outfit that Rune Haako wears in AOTC.

This would explain why we haven't seen Rune with Nute in the Gunray episodes.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    haha what kind of retcon explains Rune's voice and face in AOTC then- no way -even though i know official explanation -for now -is that it's Rune Haako in AOTC- i don't believe that- he was Gilramos Libkath and i'm waiting until TCW or something canonises that since Rune Haako is not in AOTC he just simply cannot be there- different face, outfit and voice why he even should be Rune Haako? For me that guy is always Gilramos while Rune appears only in TPM and ROTS- and even official databank says he appears only in those two prequels....

13. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Ima-Gun Di!
    I loved him, just my kind of man ;)

It would be nice to see him in a future prequel episode. Perhaps Anakins knighting?
    Heck, such an episode could showcase a lot of Jedi that have been killed throughout the show :)

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Lok Durd
    Dr. Vindi
    Pre Vizsla
    Embo
    Tera Sinube

These were really memorable characters and made fine additions to TCW's cast.

15. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    The Libkath thing is IMHO the WORST retcon in Star Wars history and the one that I truly cannot accept into my own personal canon.

He's Gilramos Libkath, dammit!

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I actually have a few:

Nahdar Vebb is probably my favorite because he represents the "new breed of Jedi" that it arrogant and impatient. He was also a nice foil to Kit Fisto: the brash, impatient apprentice vs. the cool-headed, calm master.

Argyus just because he was just an awsome example of the classic vain, out-for-himself villain. I can't say I liked his Shrek-ified model though. [face_whistling]

Nuvo Vindi, with emphasis on the ONE OFF part of the thread title. He was entertaining in one episode but if I see him again multiple times I'll probably get sick of him pretty fast.

17. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Man, Season One was really gung-ho about introducing great new characters and immediately slaughtering them, wasn't it?

18. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    It was one of the biggest complaints I had with TCW during S1. And now we are in S3 there have been a few more S1 characters killed off too (Ondo in S2, King Katuunko, Ziro). How many season 1 characters are left now?[face_worried]

My favourite one-off character has got to be Numa. She was a brilliantly realised character. She reminded me somewhat of Boo from Monsters Inc. The way she bashfully chases Waxer and Boil never fails to make me smile because it's something I see kids do around strangers all the time.

EDIT: Forgot about Cut Lawquane!:oops: Best clone trooper in the show so far in my opinion.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah no idea to try 'Haakoize' him his Libkath and that's it[face_not_talking]
    - we must write petition or something that they would retcon this with TCW:p- since TCW can change even facts from movies like Tantive IV retcon proved so could they finally clear up this mad retcon and say Haako was not on Geonosis while Gilramos was- i don't care if Gilramos' death i EU is retconned and he appears alive in TCW- he should be TF-representative in CIS-senate since he has senators robes in AOTCo_O - 'extremist' allied with Nute Gunray... or then they should replace him in AOTC with Haako for 3d edition- if it's do damn important to have Rune in every prequel....

20. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh yeah, Cut and family... how could I have forgotten them?

They were totally great, and yet I wouldn't want to see them back. They did exactly what they were supposed to do brilliantly. If we want to see them again, we just watch The Deserter again. Well done.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not sure if we need to see them again... maybe... maybe not.... well if Rex becomes deserter he could have those few friends on Saleucami... and what if Empire finds out later- that would probably have ugly coincidences- Cut killed as traitor or press-ganged in the stormtroopercorps and his family killed or sold to slavery..... i actually would like to see them again but not necessarily in this series.... i dunno- but i liked them like i like almost all of these minorcharacters

22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    If Cut does return, I want it to be during the invasion of Saleucami. We know that it happens, and it would be interesting to see him leading a guerrilla movement without Republic authorization.

23. Mr_Shaak_Ti

Mr_Shaak_Ti Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2011
    Favorite One-Off Character in the clone wars: Shaak Ti ;)

24. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Tera Sinube. Badass old geezer Jedi who shares my love of terrible, groan-inducing punnery and kicks major backside with his cane-saber.

And you gotta love how the guy drives a speeder bike at, like, five miles an hour... and still manages to get there ahead of you. Every. Time. I mean, you can be on a train and he'll be there waiting for you to open the door as if you're wasting what time he has left! [face_laugh]

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, that guy (and that scene) was great. [face_laugh] It only could have been more classic if he said "Slow and steady wins the race!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.