main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Embo
    Captain Keeli
    Nahdar Vebb
    Cut Lawquane

2. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Definitely Embo or Sugi. Did anybody else see any sparks between Sugi and Obi-Wan? :p

3. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    This. 99 is up there with Rex and Cody as my favorite clones.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha same voice as Satine's so maybe that was unintentional.... but Sugi should return she was extremely interesting honorable bounty hunter and Embo is just personification of everything 'bad@ss' in the universe.....

5. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    There are sparks between Obi-Wan and every available female he encounters. More to do with him than them, I'd think!

6. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Glad someone finally seconded me on that. :D

7. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Ima-gun Di (R.I.P) :_|
    Admiral Trench
    Tera Sinube
    Numa

8. Sylverlin

Sylverlin Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2011
    Yeah, Admiral Trench was great...
    In no particular order, Sugi, Numa, 99, Cut and family, all of them great characters. I like the characters that go against stereotypes.

Also, what about Jaybo? I mean, you have to give some credit to the guy who made possibly the only B1s in the galaxy that embarrassed Anakin.

Hevy (Rookies). Most. Badass. Last. Words. Ever.

Slick was interesting, too. And Trapper, with his droid fingers.

Generally, the one-shot characters do tend to be good. They give the show an extra dimension of sorts, the sense that it is a part of a wider world. I say, bring 'em on. :)

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I can't believe I forgot Hevy, add him to my list.

"You didn't say please."

10. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I liked his character, but the whole teeth-clucking thing got really annoying for me.

11. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    Lightsaber lost is one of my favourite episodes. I love how he pushes the lesson patience by never being in a rush, like when he's driving the "speeder", but he knows how to kick butt when needs to, and I love how easily he disarms Cassie like he's dueling a youngling.

12. Sabulum

Sabulum Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2010
    Hevy. He shall be missed. *stands up, doffs hat, puts hand over heart* :_|

The Son was damned awesome. Sam Witwer made that character!

General Trench was great also. He kinda sounded like Dooku crossed with Vader, and his death scene was quietly awesome. I respected the guy.

Ima-Gun Di. Hilarious name, and yet another awesome death scene.

Embo. OMG THE HAT!

Numa was the little Twi'lek girl from Ryloth, right? If so, definitely her too. She was adorable. The little stuffed animal! *wipes tear*

Also the Angel from Iego, strictly because she made me laugh and think back to TPM. [face_laugh] I could just picture Anakin thinking: "I take back what I said. Padmé's hotter!"

And... yeah. Tara Sinube was cool, but not a favorite...

99 didn't do it for me simply because he was such a stereotypical "omg underdog!" type of character. I called his death literally from the moment I saw him. If anything, he irritated me. His history with Hevy (and receiving that medal) did hit me pretty hard, but that was more for Hevy's sake than 99's.

I liked Cut and his family, but not so much their episode.

And of course George Lu?er, Baron Papanoida. :p

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    1. Numa
    2. Admiral Trench
    3. Sugi--------------------------->likely to come back
    4. Embo----------------------->likely to come back
    5. Kalifa
    6. Mina Bonteri
    7. Hevy
    8. Osi Sobeck
    9. Even Piell
    10. Monkey Lizard on Florrum
    11. Captain Argyus
    12. Ima-Gun Di
    13. 99
    14. Force-Wielders
    15. Cut & Family
    16. Halle Burtoni--------------->likely to come back
    17. Mee Deechi
    18. Sy Snootles
    19. Echo
    20. Neeyutnee--------------------->likely to come back

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Favourite is Embo.

The bulletproof hat clinches it.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Glad they changed the episode because he originally dies.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My top six one-offs.

Numa - Cutest kid of the series, possibly beats little Ani. She really pulled on the heart strings and turned born warriors into mush. I don't think we'll see her back and would rather not. She may even have been killed in the firebombings...

Lux Bonteri - The only good things about 'Heroes on Both Sides' were this kid, his mother, and the Clone's ironic 'Heh, stupid droids...' line. I actually hope he isn't a one off and gets to meet Ahsoka and Anakin on the battlefield with a really bad taste in his mouth. That would be some good drama.

Captain Keeli - I love a guy who can get face planted by a thermal detonator then get back up and fight on. It took like 7 shots to the back to bring him down. I think this guy was the most badass and heroic clone so far on the series; "I'm not finished yet sir, we can do this!" ...R.I.P. Captain.

Mina Bonteri - I liked her aged elegance, her voice, and her confidence. I wish she'd had more of a chance to shine instead of being killed.

Cut Laqwuane - The clone with to many brain cells. I have to admire anyone who's found a happy place in life. The guys a family man and despite allowing the kids to go out and play in a war zone, I think he may still qualify as the best dad in the GFFA. I love that his kids are like Twi-lik versions of Phil and Lil. I really don't want Cut to pop back up, least not until toward the end.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I enjoyed Keeli as well, too bad him and Di wasted their lives for nothing.

18. IktotchiMan1979

IktotchiMan1979 Jedi Padawan

May 16, 2011
    Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Plo Kloon and Ima Gun Di (when I get new season 3 on October), Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Ima is only real one-off character or should be... i definitely want to see Shaak Ti again.... now she has been only in one arc and one newsreel as hologram..... Plo and Kit have had more apperances.... Plo is actually one of the main cast now

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    You and Plo...:p

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    perhaps i should stop using Ahsoka-icon if you consider me to be Ahsoka[face_worried]

22. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I find this thread topic to be irrelevant. If we're counting one-off characters then that includes....almost everyone but the main cast! I don't how you guys are going about this but I'm judging by one episodic appearances.

Ima-gun Di= Wasted potential. This is the Optimus Prime Jedi! He pretty much layed out a Jesus-death and yet none of the Twi'leks or Jedi even cared! "Supply Lines" was aweful and through all the fails that that episode pulled off....we received one of the best portrayed Jedi and one of the coolest clones......Captain Keeli.

Mar Tuuk= I'm disapointed in these boards. This guy should be on everyone's list. Best villain characterization (after Osi Sobeck and Hondo Ohnaka) of all the show!

Embo= No ****.

Death Watch Assasin= He was mysterious like OT Boba Fett and worked like Jango Fett. This is the Mando I'm sure evryone wanted. He also got away. It's too bad that his design wasn't unique cuz he would have been a major fan favorite if it was.

Bric= Gotta love this guy. He is such a jerk, it's awesome.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Osi Sobeck is pretty much stereotype like Nuvo Vindi - yet i like Vindi and Sobeck was ok as bad guy in one arc but more of him would've been too much for me.....

24. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    eh...hated Vindi. Sobeck, on the other hand, was genius.

Stereotypes? I don't believe in stereotyoes. I believe people just get offended because their race or culture is in the minority. In the end, their race and culture helped build a character, good or bad. Yet they still become offended...

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Stereotypes aren't like Santa Claus though, they are real and do exist.

I don't think Sobeck was a stereotype per se, seeing as he's a conglomeration of multiple personalities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.