main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I'll stick to my beliefs and you can stick to yours. Savvy?

I remember Sobeck being made of multiple personalities as well. I thought all the spaces in his speech and the suck-up relationship he had with Dooku made him very memorable.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    his speech was Christopher Walken-homage at least.....and JAT just always sounds bit too much like Obi-Wan well except as Plo since his voice is changed so much but changing the pitch of Plo's voice we can find the original performance:p ...

I liked Vindi (does anyone else in the world but me and DanGrievous?) but not so much about Sobeck which is not generally liked here either i remember.... anyway Sobeck was pretty stereotype of sadistic torturer who speaks alone and all..... i'm pretty certain he is based on someone like Vindi is on Dr.Strangelove....
    or then he is mixture but didn't feel original to me at all- he was ok as homage but i liked Vindi more.... it was good idea to use eu-species for Sobeck though....

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sobeck was cool and I would have liked for him to live actually. They love to kill off or put cool villians in jail rather than allowing them to escape which is so predictable.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    what is predictable? Escaping? in TCW it is surprising if someone else than Grievous Ventress or Bane escapes..... being captured is very usual for CIS-member - but lately they've started to kill them off since they imprisoned so many during season1 and season 2 that imprisoning starts to be an "old idea"

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I meant it is predictable the villians never get away. Its more likely a clone trooper with a personality like Sterling Archer will be introduced than villians getting away with murder.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I meant it is predictable the villians never get away. Its more likely a clone trooper with a personality like Sterling Archer will be introduced than villians getting away with murder.

7. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    If you ask me, they should just capture Grievous and bring him into prison. Have Ob-wan do it cuz the rivalry between him and Grievous is a bit jarring since Kit Fisto is still out there with a bigger death wish on his head by Grievous.
    Seriously, if someone trashed my home, killed my beloved pet, and beat me up on my turf, I'd want revenge! I hate how incomplete Lair of Grievous is.....

Sorry...another fan-rant.....

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    What? I was just joking. And no, I don't think you're Ahsoka...I'm pretty sure you're a guy from Finland.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    haha[face_laugh] i should've added this':p' to reveal that was sarcasm and not serious "worrying".... sorry- i thought it is obvious you wouldn't think so and that i would't think you would think so:p got it?
    you never thought me as Ahsoka and i never thought you would think me as Ahsoka, but you thought i would thought that you would think..... oh really..... that's not so simple after all:p
    forget it.... failed jokes are embarassing... if no one is thinking anyone as Ahsoka- then let's move on:p

10. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    I don't think this will come as a surprise to anyone, the Mandalorian Duchess is my favorite. She is very regal, and obviously she was Obi Wan's greatest love.... [face_love]

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Does she qualify as a 'one-off' character now though?

12. MandalorianDuchess

Feb 16, 2010

Well, maybe not so much. I hope she is back next season!

13. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Most likely she will.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    She'd better not come back without Death Watch seriously involved. No more episodes like 'Corruption' please...

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    After that "messive" reception they received on that episode, I doubt they'll make another one like it.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well she is not one-off character- she has been in two arcs and is definitely coming back- so she is almost 'secondary main character' or 'constant side character' or something....

17. MandalorianDuchess

Feb 16, 2010
    It would be awesome! Hopefully also they will make an action figure of her. :D

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    They haven't? Such a bad thing.... it was so disappointing also she was cut from lego clone wars game :( i would like to have a legofig- even though it would be one of those ugly TCW-figs.... but would be perfect for "burning down the warehouse" jokes[face_laugh]

off-topic i fear-

Trench, Talzin, Durd, Vindi, Mar Tuuk i like most one-off villains but they are wasted when just captured or killed.... hopefully Trench is alive somehow....

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I don't care much for Vindi or his voice really. Trench was blown to smithereens and should stay that way...The other three you have there should definitely come back. Talzin definitely will come back, Lok Durd will come back too, don't know about Mar Tuuk though.

EDIT: Sexy Second Star! Yeah!!!!!!![face_laugh]

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say Shaak Ti, and there's also Captain Ackbar, Nahdar Vebb, Barriss Offee, Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser. All these characters were awesome in the episodes and arcs they appeared in, and I wish they were in TCW more! I really thought Shaak Ti would have a bigger role in TCW considering how popular she was in the SW movies. I'd like her to have a role like Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto where she is always used as a minor character, and is used as a main character in an arc.

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Slick
    Shaak Ti
    Mortis family
    Sinube
    Embo
    Sy Snootles
    Fat guy voiced by George Takei who's name escapes me..

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Mine are Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti and Mar Tuuk.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Queen Miraj Scintel - the best villainess this series has ever produced. (Can she be considered a villainess if she truly believes what she's doing is correct?)
    Lok Durd: "I'll be defoliated!"

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Republic: Master Di (I refuse to call him by his "full name") seemed like he could have been a decent character had he not been killed off less than 22 minutes after being introduced.

CIS: Riff Tamson. As a character I enjoyed him, though the arc that he was a part of left me underwhelmed.

Oh and Krell, who isn't loyal to the Republic but also isn't yet a CIS affiliate.

And I have to say Savage too. I know he's been in more than one arc, but the character that he was in the Nightsister arc and the development he received was pretty much thrown out immediately after Maul's reappearance, reducing the interesting character of Savage into a bumbling moron that can't think for himself, has a limited vocabulary, and is just shallow.

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.